Realignment Appeals

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
*Topcat*
Abbeville Panthers

Re: Realignment Appeals

Post by *Topcat* »

Ddub14 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:14 pm
7timechamps wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:27 pm
Ddub14 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:15 pm
7timechamps wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:08 pm
They're hearing appeals next week. I have good intel that says this is who's appealing and what they're appealing to. Going to be interesting. My guess is most if not every single one are denied.

Abbeville HS (Change from Class AA to Class A)
Fox Creek HS (Change from Class AAAA to Class AAA or Class AA)
Seneca HS (Change from Class AAAA to Class AAA)
Southside Christian HS (Change from AAA to Class AA)
Brashier Middle College HS (Change from Class AAA to Class AA or Class A)
High Point Academy (Change from Class AAA to Class A)
James Island Charter HS (Change from Class AAAAA to Class AAAA)
Charleston Charter Math & Science HS (Change from Class AAA to Class AA or Class A)
Burke HS (Change from Class AA to Class A)
Gray Collegiate Academy (Change from Class AAAA to Class AAA)
Horse Creek Academy (Change from Class AAA to Class AA or Class A)
Saint Joseph’s Catholic School (Change from Class AAA to Class AA)
Greer Middle College HS (Change from Class AAAA to Class AAA or Class AA)
Christ Church HS (Change from Class AAAA to Class AAA)
Green Upstate HS (Change from Class AAA to Class AA or Class A)
Bridges Preparatory HS (Change from Class AAA to Class AA or Class A)
American Leadership Academy (Change Class AAA to Class AA)
Landrum HS (Change from Class AAA to Class AA)
Bishop England HS (Change from Class AAAA to Class AAA)
York Preparatory HS (Change from Class AAAA to Class AA)
Greenville Tech Charter HS (Change from Class AAAA to Class AA)
Palmetto Scholars Academy (Change Class from AA to Class A)
LOL imagine that all the teams effected by the multiplier rule
Don’t understand why Abbeville would want to go to 1a
Agree that it's weird. But probably because they're listed as the smallest 2A and smaller than the 3 biggest 1As would be their logic. 1A would be a cakewalk for them
I get that but I think most Abbeville fans want to stay in 2a
If they go to 1a they might as well just hand them the trophy.
Absolutely want to stay in 2A. It would be a huge disappointment to drop down. HUGE.

Pigskin Poet
No Team Affiliation

Post by Pigskin Poet »

*Topcat* wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:17 am
96fanatic wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:19 pm
Hard to believe that Abbeville will appeal.
I hope not.
Was very surprised to see this. It could be beneficial to the other school sports overall, but, cannot imagine that anyone associated with the football program would want this to happen. As a fan, I can say I would not like it one bit. We will find out soon enough.
Heard they are appealing for travel purposes and they want to come down because they want to beat Dixie so bad. Heard Nickles doesn't mind staying in 2A but the coaches in the other sports want to be 1A.

Tiger84
Conway Tigers

Post by Tiger84 »

WHY?!?! Why would a school ranked 16th in enrollment waste time trying to go down to 4A?

*Topcat*
Abbeville Panthers

Post by *Topcat* »

Pigskin Poet wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:00 am
*Topcat* wrote:
96fanatic wrote:
I hope not.
Was very surprised to see this. It could be beneficial to the other school sports overall, but, cannot imagine that anyone associated with the football program would want this to happen. As a fan, I can say I would not like it one bit. We will find out soon enough.
Heard they are appealing for travel purposes and they want to come down because they want to beat Dixie so bad. Heard Nickles doesn't mind staying in 2A but the coaches in the other sports want to be 1A.
Ok I give you the travel situation, but, I'm pretty confident that Dixie is not a factor, as far as football anyway. Lol! As far as football goes, Abbeville vs Dixie, C Falls, Ware Shoals, McCormick, and Thornwell??? That would be the most ridiculous, boring mismatches of any region in the state. Playoffs might be a little better after the first 3 or 4 rounds. Overall, it would just be a snoozer, rather play Clinton, Saluda, Chester, etc.

1fan
Emerald Vikings

Post by 1fan »

*Topcat* wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:13 pm
Pigskin Poet wrote:
*Topcat* wrote:
96fanatic wrote:
I hope not.
Ok I give you the travel situation, but, I'm pretty confident that Dixie is not a factor, as far as football anyway. Lol! As far as football goes, Abbeville vs Dixie, C Falls, Ware Shoals, McCormick, and Thornwell??? That would be the most ridiculous, boring mismatches of any region in the state. Playoffs might be a little better after the first 3 or 4 rounds. Overall, it would just be a snoozer, rather play Clinton, Saluda, Chester, etc.
The bright side is the games will end early with a running clock after the 1st quarter . :)

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

*Topcat* wrote:
Pigskin Poet wrote:
*Topcat* wrote:
96fanatic wrote:
I hope not.
The amount of fans from the gate will more than equal any travel costs. Really it’s no further from those 2a schools to those 1a schools.

Coach
No Team Affiliation

Post by Coach »

Tiger84 wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:33 am

WHY?!?! Why would a school ranked 16th in enrollment waste time trying to go down to 4A?
I don't understand their appeal or rationale. They weren't far from 5A during the last alignment.

1. They do take a lot of the Caucasian kids from the peninsula (Burke zoned), and the overwhelming majority of Caucasian kids from Johns Island (zoned St. Johns) plus some kids zoned for Baptist Hill. That is 100% their choice to do so.

2. The new alignment lowers travel cost significantly and likely improves gate money across the spectrum.

I am curious on what grounds they are appealing.

7timechamps
Daniel Lions

Post by 7timechamps »

SCHSL executive committee votes 9-5 to deny Abbeville's appeal. Abbeville has 24 hours to decide if wants to appeal to appellate panel on Thursday or Friday
8 Time Champs Now! Go Lions!

TooterTownTiger
Blue Ridge Fighting Tigers

Post by TooterTownTiger »

Coach wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:51 pm
Tiger84 wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:33 am

I don't understand their appeal or rationale. They weren't far from 5A during the last alignment.

1. They do take a lot of the Caucasian kids from the peninsula (Burke zoned), and the overwhelming majority of Caucasian kids from Johns Island (zoned St. Johns) plus some kids zoned for Baptist Hill. That is 100% their choice to do so.

2. The new alignment lowers travel cost significantly and likely improves gate money across the spectrum.

I am curious on what grounds they are appealing.
Their appeal sounded an awful lot like...well we do better in 4A and don't want to play Summerville...plus we are rich and can afford to travel all the way down to those Beaufort county schools.

Atown97
Abbeville Panthers

Post by Atown97 »

Ddub14 wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:52 pm
*Topcat* wrote:
Pigskin Poet wrote:
*Topcat* wrote:
96fanatic wrote:
I hope not.
The amount of fans from the gate will more than equal any travel costs. Really it’s no further from those 2a schools to those 1a schools.
Yeah because traveling to Blacksburg Landrum Chesnee on a Thursday night JV football game has been ridiculous for 2yrs...Riding over 2hrs for a game is the wildest crap I've ever seen. So bad that basically had a 3 game region last year for JV to develop. Bunch of schools just canceled the trip to abbeville. I actually wished abbeville appealed the last alignment.