Realignment Appeals

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
7timechamps
Daniel Lions

Re: Realignment Appeals

Post by 7timechamps »

*Topcat* wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:35 am
96fanatic wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:27 am
*Topcat* wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:50 pm
Atown97 wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:43 pm
Ddub14 wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:52 pm
*Topcat* wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:13 pm

Ok I give you the travel situation, but, I'm pretty confident that Dixie is not a factor, as far as football anyway. Lol! As far as football goes, Abbeville vs Dixie, C Falls, Ware Shoals, McCormick, and Thornwell??? That would be the most ridiculous, boring mismatches of any region in the state. Playoffs might be a little better after the first 3 or 4 rounds. Overall, it would just be a snoozer, rather play Clinton, Saluda, Chester, etc.
The amount of fans from the gate will more than equal any travel costs. Really it’s no further from those 2a schools to those 1a schools.
Yeah because traveling to Blacksburg Landrum Chesnee on a Thursday night JV football game has been ridiculous for 2yrs...Riding over 2hrs for a game is the wildest crap I've ever seen. So bad that basically had a 3 game region last year for JV to develop. Bunch of schools just canceled the trip to abbeville. I actually wished abbeville appealed the last alignment.
Don't see how would it help going to 1A in a region where several of the schools probably don't even have JV football. Heck the JV would playing the second half of every varsity region game in that scenario. That might be some good competition.
I just hope If Abbeville goes to 1a
96 and Abbeville will still play each other.
in the non region schedule .I think they
will but who knows .I think the only team
that 96 has played more games with than
Abbeville is Saluda.
I'm sure they will. As a long, long time fan and booster, supporter of Atown it's a sad day for me. Fans have no voice in the workings of high school sports, but, we do buy the tickets. They likely just lost some of my ticket money, I will not attend a farce of a game between Atown and teams such as C falls, W Shoals, Dixie, even Thornwell??? Whatever view you have, everybody knows that Football around here is King, it's the gravy train. This will be a major hit to the gravy train ticket gate, hope the powers that be understand that aspect, and, didn't just cave to pressure from non revenue sports. They don't make money but it takes money to have them. I'm all for every sport they play, but, economics does come into play. Abbeville has a great team coming back this year that could compete with anybody in AA and far beyond. As a fan, to go from the prospect of playing the likes of S Thurmond, Clinton, Saluda, Chester to playing against basically no competition is very, very disappointing. It's all about competition. Not to mention the fan interest in those games vs what we have now. It is a bad move IMO.

Abbeville to 1A confirmed
8 Time Champs Now! Go Lions!

Atown97
Abbeville Panthers

Post by Atown97 »

My whole point of Abbeville dropping is the last 2 yrs we haven't made any money off the gate in Football. I've been a Gold plus Booster for many years and have continued to support after graduating 3 kids. The region game attendance has been terrible as every in abbeville for the last 2yrs. Our Biggest gates this past year were Westside, 96 and Silver Bluff in 2nd rd by far. We played a playoff game with 23 people on the away side. I understand the lackluster support from other teams my thing is what's the difference. Travel less now and still have the same attendance. Either you Support the "A" or you don't. Please don't claim we are running from anyone. I'm actually scared the JV won't have enough teams to play. It's Rough getting off at 5 making a game in Blacksburg, Landrum, and Chesnee and vice versa
Attachments
Go look at any Hudl highlight of a game in abbeville
Go look at any Hudl highlight of a game in abbeville
Screenshot_20240123_213138.jpg
Screenshot_20240123_213138.jpg (84.3 KiB) Viewed 384 times

*Topcat*
Abbeville Panthers

Post by *Topcat* »

Starting in game 6, the JV can play the second half of our games right on through most if not all of playoffs. I feel bad for our coaches and players. The starters will be sitting on sidelines most of the time, that's a pity. because we have a heck of a team coming back. Say what you will about the present region, it's far better than the one we will be in now. Can't wait to play those teams, plus playoff games against the likes of who, Whitmire, R-S-M, Great Falls, talk about some slack gates. I don't buy the travel costs issue, for what, two games. We had a non-region game in Dorchester County a couple years ago. Abbeville doesn't run from anyone in football. I don't believe the football program was involved in this decision. IDK it's just my opinion.

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

*Topcat* wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:38 am
Starting in game 6, the JV can play the second half of our games right on through most if not all of playoffs. I feel bad for our coaches and players. The starters will be sitting on sidelines most of the time, that's a pity. because we have a heck of a team coming back. Say what you will about the present region, it's far better than the one we will be in now. Can't wait to play those teams, plus playoff games against the likes of who, Whitmire, R-S-M, Great Falls, talk about some slack gates. I don't buy the travel costs issue, for what, two games. We had a non-region game in Dorchester County a couple years ago. Abbeville doesn't run from anyone in football. I don't believe the football program was involved in this decision. IDK it's just my opinion.
I totally agree. I’ve seen it at Daniel the last 4 years. At least 3-5 games a year it’s a running clock and you don’t get to see what the teams really have. Fortunately for them that has helped them create depth. Abbeville doesn’t necessarily need that though at the 1a level. Maybe if the 3 private schools in Greenville had stayed in 1a y’all would’ve had a challenge on your hands. The other thing you got to be worried about is your coach content with staying there or does he want more of a challenge at some point. Just speculating.

*Topcat*
Abbeville Panthers

Post by *Topcat* »

Ddub14 wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:44 am
*Topcat* wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:38 am
I totally agree. I’ve seen it at Daniel the last 4 years. At least 3-5 games a year it’s a running clock and you don’t get to see what the teams really have. Fortunately for them that has helped them create depth. Abbeville doesn’t necessarily need that though at the 1a level. Maybe if the 3 private schools in Greenville had stayed in 1a y’all would’ve had a challenge on your hands. The other thing you got to be worried about is your coach content with staying there or does he want more of a challenge at some point. Just speculating.
We will have running clock most of the year, including playoffs if allowed. Our football program/people have always loved a challenge. I can't imagine they are happy about the situation. And yes I wish they would have left the Greenville schools in 1A now. I'm honestly just stunned at how this turned out. Very disappointing.