SCHSL is a SHAM - Realignment Appeals

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
7timechamps
Daniel Lions

SCHSL is a SHAM - Realignment Appeals

Post by 7timechamps »

Not even 12 o'clock and here are the appeals results.

Approved - Brashier Middle College, Fox Creek

Denied - Abbeville, Seneca, Southside Christian

Public Schools - 0-2

Private/Charter Schools - 2-1

SCHSL such a sham organization!
8 Time Champs Now! Go Lions!

WShornets69
Ware Shoals Hornets

Re: SCHSL is a SHAM - Realignment Appeals

Post by WShornets69 »

I'm with you on that. There are 3 or 4 schools in 1A bigger than Abbeville. I get keeping them up for football purposes but not every sport there dominates like football. I feel that the SCHSL are letting down Abbeville. I was convinced that we were going to play them in region but not anymore. I guess that's the silver lining to this bad decision.

TooterTownTiger
Blue Ridge Fighting Tigers

Post by TooterTownTiger »

I've been watching/listening all day and tend to believe they have been spot on. Let's be honest, Brasier and High Point moving down a classification is the correct decision. Schools aren't competitive, don't play football (which is really what matters most), nor do they have actual facilities for most sports.

Hard to imagine a 3A school traveling to play one of these schools in baseball/softball and having to play on a rec field with t ball practice going on the field beside them.

7timechamps
Daniel Lions

Post by 7timechamps »

TooterTownTiger wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:14 pm
I've been watching/listening all day and tend to believe they have been spot on. Let's be honest, Brasier and High Point moving down a classification is the correct decision. Schools aren't competitive, don't play football (which is really what matters most), nor do they have actual facilities for most sports.

Hard to imagine a 3A school traveling to play one of these schools in baseball/softball and having to play on a rec field with t ball practice going on the field beside them.

But this has nothing to do with the actual reason we're using a multiplier anyway. I'm not against them moving down, but I personally think Seneca and Abbeville had solid reasons to move down too. And their arguments were less about whining about it being unfair, and more about the numbers themselves. Unless the numbers are straight-up wrong number or its being interpreted unfairly (which was seneca and abbeville's argument), I don't understand why extenuating circumstances are letting the SCHSL make huge exceptions. Fox Creek is towards the top of 4A and gets to move down. Meanwhile, Abbeville is smaller than schools in 1A but denied. Seneca correctly argued that their school is 1. negatively affected by school choice kids who don't play sports at all and 2. their in-district rival, Walhalla, submitted the wrong numbers. The HSL basically said yes, Walhalla submitted the wrong numbers but they were close enough so we let them stay in 3A. It's common knowledge in the upstate that Walhalla is bigger than Seneca, but Seneca didn't stand a chance. Meanwhile if you're a charter and argue that you're gonna suck, approved!

TooterTownTiger
Blue Ridge Fighting Tigers

Post by TooterTownTiger »

Worst Appeal of the Day award should def go to James Island though.

7timechamps
Daniel Lions

Post by 7timechamps »

No doubt! Came in there ready to argue how they'd be 4A without the multiplier and Singleton called BS immediately :lol:

Peacekeeper
No Team Affiliation

Post by Peacekeeper »

Internet professionals, always seems to know better than the people that are actually in the positions that make the decisions. If you believe that the coaches, officials, administrators and the high school league are doing things incorrectly, go apply for their jobs. Being that you know what is best for all.

bringthewood
No Team Affiliation

Post by bringthewood »

Fair warning: I've been a guy in the past that has made rational posts on the side of the SCHSL, BUT...

Y'all appeals are appeals; it comes down to whom the appeals are made. And Y'all are missing the bigger picture to the disfunction there.

The SCHSL didn't know when the NFHS set the starts date for this years beginning of fall sports for 2024 and set their coaches clinic week DURING THE 1ST WEEK OF PRACTICE.

Check it out.

7timechamps
Daniel Lions

Post by 7timechamps »

Peacekeeper wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:37 pm
Internet professionals, always seems to know better than the people that are actually in the positions that make the decisions. If you believe that the coaches, officials, administrators and the high school league are doing things incorrectly, go apply for their jobs. Being that you know what is best for all.

Dude is naive enough to think nobody on this board is a retired coach or administrator that dealt with the SCHSL for years 😂. Go on with that when you have no idea that who you’re talking to hasn’t been a coach or administrator

Peacekeeper
No Team Affiliation

Post by Peacekeeper »

Okay :lol: