Numbers in each classification

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
7timechamps
Daniel Lions

Numbers in each classification

Post by 7timechamps »

This is what was tweeted out by Lou Bezjak:

So breakdown after appeals number in classes
5A: 54
4A: 41
3A: 32
2A: 46
A: 50

How in the world does 32 in 3A work for playoffs unless they're going to do 4 rounds?! Makes me wonder if they're going to shift things around to make the total number in each classification similar to what they originally sent out.
8 Time Champs Now! Go Lions!

TooterTownTiger
Blue Ridge Fighting Tigers

Re: Numbers in each classification

Post by TooterTownTiger »

I wish they would cut the playoffs down for each classification. There's no need in teams with 1-3 wins getting into the playoffs. I would prefer to see it cut to 16 teams make playoffs in each classification but that won't happen. Settle for 24 teams and give each region champion a bye.

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

7timechamps wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:02 pm
This is what was tweeted out by Lou Bezjak:

So breakdown after appeals number in classes
5A: 54
4A: 41
3A: 32
2A: 46
A: 50

How in the world does 32 in 3A work for playoffs unless they're going to do 4 rounds?! Makes me wonder if they're going to shift things around to make the total number in each classification similar to what they originally sent out.
5A is worse because they are splitting the division
Completely watered down
Also how is it fair to 4A 2a &1a that they have more competition to go through.

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

So 205 schools playing 5 divisions of football but really 6 with the split 5A

Meanwhile you have a state like Texas that has over 2800 public schools. 467 private schools. That’s right they have more private schools that the schsl and scisa schools combined
They have 6 divisions that are split , so 12 champions. That means each division has roughly 230 plus schools. 6 round playoffs consists of 64 schools.So one division in Texas has more schools than the entire schsl.
Yet South Carolina thinks it needs 6 watered down championships. What a joke.