Porter headed to Lauren’s

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
RamFan
Westside Rams

Re: Porter headed to Lauren’s

Post by RamFan »

Greerfan1 wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:21 pm
Someone tell me what Lauren's offers that Greenville does not. This just does not make sense to me.
My guess is Laurens is some what in it’s own world in location and not having to complete with other schools like in Greenville County where the students can choose where to attend

With the success at JL Mann and Hillcrest I am sure it is becoming a little more difficult to get best players in GC

However I have agree with your question. Seems like a very lateral move at best to me but with that said Laurens is always loaded with talent year and year out

The other thing that puzzles me is WHY go a district that seems to always have turmoil in the leadership positions Always controversy in that district and really never see it changing which is very sad

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by DFOLDMAN »

Greerfan1 wrote:
Someone tell me what Lauren's offers that Greenville does not. This just does not make sense to me.
No sense at all. Laurens County is dumpster fire. One of the worst counties to live in in SC. Gawd awful.
He will regret it and he won't stay long...train wreck of a place.

Fear The Fox...

Indian14
No Team Affiliation

Post by Indian14 »

They aren’t going to be 5A next year in a region with Hillcrest and Hanna.

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

Indian14 wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:46 am
They aren’t going to be 5A next year in a region with Hillcrest and Hanna.
You left out the biggest one.
J L Mann
They are the real threat and have taken away porters recruiting base. Now he has zero competition in Laurens and will steal from ft inn and Clinton who is moving down in realignment. He will appeal to those kids because his style of play is more suited to today’s game than clintons wing t approach.

Greenwood97
Greenwood Eagles

Post by Greenwood97 »

DFOLDMAN wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:44 am
Greerfan1 wrote:
No sense at all. Laurens County is dumpster fire. One of the worst counties to live in in SC. Gawd awful.
He will regret it and he won't stay long...train wreck of a place.

Fear The Fox...
He will be at Laurens for a while. Believe or not but Laurens have talent in that area. Plus, Porter in live in Laurens County.

SCPrepTalk
Site Admin

Post by SCPrepTalk »

Red Raiders 02
Greenville Red Raiders

Post by Red Raiders 02 »

Redraider66 wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:38 pm
Pete yanity just reported our Head coach Greg Porter is leaving to go to Lauren’s. Sad day in the ville
Prime example of someone who preached loyalty and standing as a man to the kids and at the end had none to the kids the program or the boosters they gave him everything he asked for new uniforms every year paid for travel and hotels for 7 on 7 tournaments every year and paid him over 110k a year all for him to give Greenville his rear end to kiss smh porter has no loyalty

FBCoach843
No Team Affiliation

Post by FBCoach843 »

Greerfan1 wrote:
It's called more money and no commute!

Greerfan1
Greer Yellow Jackets

Post by Greerfan1 »

Red Raiders 02 wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:32 pm
Redraider66 wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:38 pm
Pete yanity just reported our Head coach Greg Porter is leaving to go to Lauren’s. Sad day in the ville
Prime example of someone who preached loyalty and standing as a man to the kids and at the end had none to the kids the program or the boosters they gave him everything he asked for new uniforms every year paid for travel and hotels for 7 on 7 tournaments every year and paid him over 110k a year all for him to give Greenville his rear end to kiss smh porter has no loyalty
Greenville does have really nice uniforms, it's not often you see schools that have two different helmets as well.

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

Red Raiders 02 wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:32 pm
I am going to have to disagree with you on this one...

Coaches today are just like every other profession, if you get what you think is a better offer (more money, better job, better location, or better "whatever it is that motivates you") people move on and to be honest, for the most part companies (and in this case; schools) will move on from you if they think they can get an upgrade or save money.

If you died today, your job would be online before your obituary! In some ways, we all forget that coaches are no different than most folks you know. Coach Porter doesn't owe any of us an explanation for why he left for a new position any more than we (well some of ya'll since I don't have a job) owe our bosses an explanation for leaving. If someone had offered me a better job; I would not have felt obligated to my boss, my staff, or anyone, to explain why I was leaving.

"MY" coach left, I would be mad, but then I'd realize that he or she is doing what is best for them.... now if that coach was Dawn Staley, it may take me a little longer to get over being mad!

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--