Porter headed to Lauren’s

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
Red Raiders 02
Greenville Red Raiders

Re: Porter headed to Lauren’s

Post by Red Raiders 02 »

Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:38 pm
Red Raiders 02 wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:32 pm
Prime example of someone who preached loyalty and standing as a man to the kids and at the end had none to the kids the program or the boosters they gave him everything he asked for new uniforms every year paid for travel and hotels for 7 on 7 tournaments every year and paid him over 110k a year all for him to give Greenville his rear end to kiss smh porter has no loyalty
I am going to have to disagree with you on this one...

Coaches today are just like every other profession, if you get what you think is a better offer (more money, better job, better location, or better "whatever it is that motivates you") people move on and to be honest, for the most part companies (and in this case; schools) will move on from you if they think they can get an upgrade or save money.

If you died today, your job would be online before your obituary! In some ways, we all forget that coaches are no different than most folks you know. Coach Porter doesn't owe any of us an explanation for why he left for a new position any more than we (well some of ya'll since I don't have a job) owe our bosses an explanation for leaving. If someone had offered me a better job; I would not have felt obligated to my boss, my staff, or anyone, to explain why I was leaving.

"MY" coach left, I would be mad, but then I'd realize that he or she is doing what is best for them.... now if that coach was Dawn Staley, it may take me a little longer to get over being mad!
You can give some the word and they'll still ask why you didn't give them the moon and stars also

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

Red Raiders 02 wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:48 pm
Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:
Red Raiders 02 wrote:
Prime example of someone who preached loyalty and standing as a man to the kids and at the end had none to the kids the program or the boosters they gave him everything he asked for new uniforms every year paid for travel and hotels for 7 on 7 tournaments every year and paid him over 110k a year all for him to give Greenville his rear end to kiss smh porter has no loyalty

Coaches today are just like every other profession, if you get what you think is a better offer (more money, better job, better location, or better "whatever it is that motivates you") people move on and to be honest, for the most part companies (and in this case; schools) will move on from you if they think they can get an upgrade or save money.

If you died today, your job would be online before your obituary! In some ways, we all forget that coaches are no different than most folks you know. Coach Porter doesn't owe any of us an explanation for why he left for a new position any more than we (well some of ya'll since I don't have a job) owe our bosses an explanation for leaving. If someone had offered me a better job; I would not have felt obligated to my boss, my staff, or anyone, to explain why I was leaving.

"MY" coach left, I would be mad, but then I'd realize that he or she is doing what is best for them.... now if that coach was Dawn Staley, it may take me a little longer to get over being mad!
You can give some the word and they'll still ask why you didn't give them the moon and stars also
I understand why you would be frustrated losing a good coach . But your asking loyalty from a person that had a bevy of players that he asked to be disloyal to the school that they were at. Kind of goes with the territory.

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

Red Raiders 02 wrote:
Maybe you should ask why someone would sell out for any coach that is going to leave at the next thing that comes along...

I mean it's not like there is not a track record established already....

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--

OLDFART51
Woodruff Wolverines

Post by OLDFART51 »

SCPrepTalk
Site Admin

Post by SCPrepTalk »

It’s Official – Greg Porter Joins LDHS Raiders as New Head Football Coach
January 24, 2024

Red Raiders 02
Greenville Red Raiders

Post by Red Raiders 02 »

Ddub14 wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:53 pm
Red Raiders 02 wrote:
Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:
Red Raiders 02 wrote:

I understand why you would be frustrated losing a good coach . But your asking loyalty from a person that had a bevy of players that he asked to be disloyal to the school that they were at. Kind of goes with the territory.
True