Greenville HC list...

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
HoodRoad
Powdersville Patriots

Greenville HC list...

Post by HoodRoad »

Way to early but let's see what everyone thinks...my first call would be to Corey Fountain at Clinton. Not sure what the rules are in GC if you have to teach or not but it might be worth a call to Padgett Johnson at Woodmont, who are some others? Coach Swag at Hillcrest? Any up and coming young guns? Do you hire from current staff like Coach Lamb? I have a feeling he's going to Laurens with Porter. I think the Greenville job is pretty enticing and they will support the program. This one will be fun to see how it plays out.

7timechamps
Daniel Lions

Re: Greenville HC list...

Post by 7timechamps »

HoodRoad wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:51 pm
Way to early but let's see what everyone thinks...my first call would be to Corey Fountain at Clinton. Not sure what the rules are in GC if you have to teach or not but it might be worth a call to Padgett Johnson at Woodmont, who are some others? Coach Swag at Hillcrest? Any up and coming young guns? Do you hire from current staff like Coach Lamb? I have a feeling he's going to Laurens with Porter. I think the Greenville job is pretty enticing and they will support the program. This one will be fun to see how it plays out.
Rumor mill says Lamb has been preparing for an interview for weeks
8 Time Champs Now! Go Lions!

HoodRoad
Powdersville Patriots

Post by HoodRoad »

7timechamps wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:14 pm
HoodRoad wrote:
Rumor mill says Lamb has been preparing for an interview for weeks
I could see him going either direction. He's a great coach and his business is based out of Ft. Inn so he could easily make the Laurens job work as well. I wouldn't be beyond putting a call in to Coach Hatfield at CCES to gauge his interest. Regardless of classification he's a good coach as well.

Blister
No Team Affiliation

Post by Blister »

Not real sure what is the lure to take the Laurens job for Porter, but OK. But whoever takes over the Greenville job better keep the recruiting department up to speed or it won’t end well.

Indian14
No Team Affiliation

Post by Indian14 »

P Johnson has already moved onto Hillcrest. Wasn’t a Wildcat long.

Red Raiders 02
Greenville Red Raiders

Post by Red Raiders 02 »

HoodRoad wrote:
Rumor has it Lamb has applied for the HC job at Greenville if it's ture I hope he gets it he's een in the program for about 7 or 8 years already

Greerfan1
Greer Yellow Jackets

Post by Greerfan1 »

I would think Cross at Byrnes would be a viable option if he wants the job, also keep an eye on some NC coaches that could cross the border.

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

Indian14 wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:18 pm
P Johnson has already moved onto Hillcrest. Wasn’t a Wildcat long.
I would stay away from him. He jumps ship worse than Porter. Greenville needs someone that is willing to stay for awhile. It’s been one of the reasons they have consistently gone up and down as a program.

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

Red Raiders 02 wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:12 pm
HoodRoad wrote:
Rumor has it Lamb has applied for the HC job at Greenville if it's ture I hope he gets it he's een in the program for about 7 or 8 years already
I know that he’s the favorite coach of a lot of players.
How do you feel about him going from strength and conditioning to head coach ?

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by DFOLDMAN »

Heard it from a "source" as folks say on here .....Fruster the Rooster is sniffing around it. Interesting.

Fear The Fox...