4A Region 2

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
Greerfan1
Greer Yellow Jackets

Re: 4A Region 2

Post by Greerfan1 »

Ddub14 wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:34 pm
7timechamps wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:15 pm
Greerfan1 wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:50 pm
7timechamps wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:43 pm
Greerfan1 wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:02 pm
7timechamps wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:52 pm

Dude our region sucks @$$. The only team with a winning record is Daniel. We don’t belong in this crap region, we belong with Westside and Wren. Makes no sense not to have Seneca, Daniel, Pickens, Wren, Westside plus whoever to be region 1
No doubt it's awful, but compared to what we had the last two years I will happily take it. Daniel most definitely should not be in the region but I for one always enjoy going to Daniel so I'm excited.
I agree, Daniel v. Greer is a GREAT matchup that I really enjoy too. I love going to Greer as well. And it seems like Greer is always peaking later in the year than when we’ve seen them in week 0 the past few seasons, but that is about all i’m looking forward too. I’m tired of Daniel being in a crap region with 99% cakewalk games. I was pumped about the idea of two state champions battling for a region title next year, now we are going to hear DF Oldman and the rest talk about how easy Daniel’s schedule is for at least 2 more years. Overall really disappointed with how uncompetitive our region is
I hope that is the case this year, if we can keep all of our guys we should have a pretty good squad ( not state title good but could make a decent run ) but to your point our region is an absolute joke and I just think about the travel times for all the other sports not just football and man that is brutal.

Yep. And gates will suffer too because be real, who’s traveling in football or basketball to watch TR, Berea, Blue Ridge lose by 50 to Daniel an hour away
Got no problem with playing Greer can we see if them Daniel and Seneca can trade with Southside and ft inn
Now that's a great idea! and to be honest I'm as big of a Greer fan as their is but weeks we're playing TR, Berea, or Blue Ridge I might just scoot on over to Byrnes ( depending on where they play their home games this year ) or Spartanburg to watch some competitive games.

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Re: 4A Region 2

Post by Ddub14 »

Greerfan1 wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:44 pm
Ddub14 wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:34 pm
7timechamps wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:15 pm
Greerfan1 wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:50 pm
7timechamps wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:43 pm
Greerfan1 wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:02 pm

No doubt it's awful, but compared to what we had the last two years I will happily take it. Daniel most definitely should not be in the region but I for one always enjoy going to Daniel so I'm excited.
I agree, Daniel v. Greer is a GREAT matchup that I really enjoy too. I love going to Greer as well. And it seems like Greer is always peaking later in the year than when we’ve seen them in week 0 the past few seasons, but that is about all i’m looking forward too. I’m tired of Daniel being in a crap region with 99% cakewalk games. I was pumped about the idea of two state champions battling for a region title next year, now we are going to hear DF Oldman and the rest talk about how easy Daniel’s schedule is for at least 2 more years. Overall really disappointed with how uncompetitive our region is
I hope that is the case this year, if we can keep all of our guys we should have a pretty good squad ( not state title good but could make a decent run ) but to your point our region is an absolute joke and I just think about the travel times for all the other sports not just football and man that is brutal.

Yep. And gates will suffer too because be real, who’s traveling in football or basketball to watch TR, Berea, Blue Ridge lose by 50 to Daniel an hour away
Got no problem with playing Greer can we see if them Daniel and Seneca can trade with Southside and ft inn
Now that's a great idea! and to be honest I'm as big of a Greer fan as their is but weeks we're playing TR, Berea, or Blue Ridge I might just scoot on over to Byrnes ( depending on where they play their home games this year ) or Spartanburg to watch some competitive games.
I’ve seen a lot more teams around the upstate than most because when Daniel is playing Easley Pickens crescent Pendleton until last year west oak and walhalla
I went to the best closet game . Usually involving teams that I thought Daniel would be playing. When I went to the Clinton Chapman and then later wren Bhp games last year I knew Daniel would be representing the upper state in 3a .
That being said I would’ve rather seen 15 weeks of games like the upper state and state games than 5-7 games with running clocks.