New Regions 24-26

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Re: New Regions 24-26

Post by Ddub14 »

DFOLDMAN wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:44 am
Think what you like about 5A but the toughest region in 5A is Region 4....State Champ and Runner-up, Semi-finalist in 4A...playoff teams all. Weakest team last season was River Bluff...but still good enough to beat Dorman. Depending on who is in the "Big 5A and Little 5A", Region 4 might have both champions.

Fear The Fox...
Not sure about Irmo. I know their big back left for Oklahoma state. How he got out of South Carolina is beyond me.
White knoll was senior heavy in the starting positions.
I see them taking a step back. Who knows about Lexington in year 2 of Dustin Curtis era. When he was at Flora he was lights out . At Dorman and Lexington so far not so much.
I think river bluff and Chaplin will be the bottom there.

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by DFOLDMAN »

Ddub14 wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:34 pm
DFOLDMAN wrote:
Think what you like about 5A but the toughest region in 5A is Region 4....State Champ and Runner-up, Semi-finalist in 4A...playoff teams all. Weakest team last season was River Bluff...but still good enough to beat Dorman. Depending on who is in the "Big 5A and Little 5A", Region 4 might have both champions.

Fear The Fox...
Not sure about Irmo. I know their big back left for Oklahoma state. How he got out of South Carolina is beyond me.
I see them taking a step back. Who knows about Lexington in year 2 of Dustin Curtis era. When he was at Flora he was lights out . At Dorman and Lexington so far not so much.
Both WK and IHS have their QBs back, with talent on offense and defense and both HCs are Knotts disciples and know what it takes to build programs. Lexington will always be Lexington... tools are there and the coach will figure it out. River Bluff will be fine...good spot, good staff, good facilities. Chapin is the weakest link but looking at all the other 5A regions, I would bet they beat the cleats off the other 5A region bottom dwellers. Region 4 with the double this season!...lol

Fear The Fox...

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

DFOLDMAN wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:03 pm
Ddub14 wrote:
DFOLDMAN wrote:

Fear The Fox...
Both WK and IHS have their QBs back, with talent on offense and defense and both HCs are Knotts disciples and know what it takes to build programs. Lexington will always be Lexington... tools are there and the coach will figure it out. River Bluff will be fine...good spot, good staff, good facilities. Chapin is the weakest link but looking at all the other 5A regions, I would bet they beat the cleats off the other 5A region bottom dwellers. Region 4 with the double this season!...lol

Fear The Fox...
No way Irmo beats northwestern or Gaffney in lower 5A division .

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by DFOLDMAN »

Ddub14 wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:19 pm
DFOLDMAN wrote:
Ddub14 wrote:
DFOLDMAN wrote:

Fear The Fox...

Fear The Fox...
I'm still not sure who will be a big 5A and who is a little 5A... heck, DF might be little 5A...White Knoll is no joke. I look at some of those 5A regions, and I'm not sure Chapin couldn't win a couple...lol. Football City USA is Irmo now, not Rock Hill.

Pelham is a younger Knotts. When TK does finally hang it up....would love for Pelham to come home!

Fear The Fox...

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

DFOLDMAN wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:26 pm
Ddub14 wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:19 pm
DFOLDMAN wrote:
Ddub14 wrote:
DFOLDMAN wrote:

Fear The Fox...

Fear The Fox...
I'm still not sure who will be a big 5A and who is a little 5A... heck, DF might be little 5A...White Knoll is no joke. I look at some of those 5A regions, and I'm not sure Chapin couldn't win a couple...lol. Football City USA is Irmo now, not Rock Hill.

Pelham is a younger Knotts. When TK does finally hang it up....would love for Pelham to come home!

Fear The Fox...
White knolls qb and offense sucked out loud!
When I watched them I was wondering how bad 5A ball had fallen. Then I remembered how bad 5A did against supposedly lesser opponents last year
Like Hanna against westside
Gaffney against northwestern
Byrnes against Chapman
Sumter against Crestwood
Etc etc etc