5A & 4A Regions & Playoff Quick Look

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

5A & 4A Regions & Playoff Quick Look

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

I'm posting this using the same idea from the last time we had split brackets, which was 16 teams in Division One and 16 teams in Division 2.

Now, none of us knows what the brackets will look like until they post something on the website; but basically if they do it like the past, the teams in yellow will be Division One if they make the playoffs and the teams in Green will be Division 2 if they make the playoffs and the teams in blue are the teams that will move up as a team in yellow is eliminated from making the playoffs so the blue teams could end up in either bracket.

Since we have no idea if they will have a points system, who knows how they will determine seedings.

Last edited by Rebel-Fan-74 on Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Re: AAAAA Regions & Playoff Quick Look

Post by Ddub14 »

Unbelievable
Thanks schsl you got rebel fan making pie charts with the whole box of 64 crayolas!

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Post by mikey »

Will it still be upper and lower state brackets. Or go back to cross bracketing?

Greerfan1
Greer Yellow Jackets

Post by Greerfan1 »

mikey wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:41 pm
Will it still be upper and lower state brackets. Or go back to cross bracketing?
That's what I want to know as well. So theoretically Gaffney, Spartanburg and Dutch Fork could all be in the lower 5A division? Sheeeesh

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

mikey wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:41 pm
No one knows for certain but my thoughts:

If the number is 32 and they divide in to Divisions 1 & 2, what if the divisions are like this:
JL Mann 1 19
Dorman 2 1
James F Byrnes 2 4
Boiling Springs 2 8
Clover 3 10
Lexington 4 9
Spring Valley 5 5
Sumter 5 13
Ridge View 5 17
Blythewood 5 18
Carolina Forest 6 2
Stratford 7 6
Cane Bay 7 14
Summerville 8 3
Ashley Ridge 8 7
James Island 8 16

Spartanburg 2 20
River Bluff 4 21
Fort Dorchester 8 22
Dutch Fork 4 26
Hillcrest 1 28
Goose Creek 7 30
White Knoll 4 33
Greenville 1 34
Berkeley 7 35
TL Hanna 1 39
Greenwood 1 42
West Florence 5 43
Gaffney 2 44
Northwestern 3 45
Myrtle Beach 6 53
Catawba Ridge 3 54

There are 10 teams from the Lower State in the Division 1 bracket and only 6 from Upper State.... there is no way they can do it based on UPPER and LOWER at that point.

--

--

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by DFOLDMAN »

Doesn't matter...just tell Coach Knotts and the Silver Foxes who is next...

Fear The Fox...

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

Greerfan1 wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:03 pm
So theoretically Gaffney, Spartanburg and Dutch Fork could all be in the lower 5A division? Sheeeesh
One thing that we all are going to have to get over are the words LOWER, DIVISION TWO, etc.

The size of your school population determines that not the quality of the football program.

Does anyone doubt that Abbeville is a top notch football program? They just happen to be in a smaller community and the school population puts them in Class A.

Regardless of the school population numbers, Dutch Fork is Dutch Fork! Does it really matter what is etched on the trophy? There have been years where I thought that the best team in the State was not in the largest classification and the first example that came to my mind was 2005. Gaffney was Division I AAAA but lost to the Division II champions. A couple of times, Northwestern could have been the best, same with South Pointe and I'm sure there are others that come to mind.

--

--

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:30 am
Greerfan1 wrote:
So theoretically Gaffney, Spartanburg and Dutch Fork could all be in the lower 5A division? Sheeeesh
One thing that we all are going to have to get over are the words LOWER, DIVISION TWO, etc.

The size of your school population determines that not the quality of the football program.

Does anyone doubt that Abbeville is a top notch football program? They just happen to be in a smaller community and the school population puts them in Class A.

Regardless of the school population numbers, Dutch Fork is Dutch Fork! Does it really matter what is etched on the trophy? There have been years where I thought that the best team in the State was not in the largest classification and the first example that came to my mind was 2005. Gaffney was Division I AAAA but lost to the Division II champions. A couple of times, Northwestern could have been the best, same with South Pointe and I'm sure there are others that come to mind.
Last year is an example of this
The little 3a team was the best team in the state.
Blown mind in 3..2..1..

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by DFOLDMAN »

Ddub14 wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:51 pm
Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:
Greerfan1 wrote:

Blown mind in 3..2..1..
Correct, the 3A team was the best little team in the state....save maybe Oceanside...or Gray...maybe Abbeville....and one biscuit less, perhaps Camden.

Fear The Fox...

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

DFOLDMAN wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:09 pm
Ddub14 wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:51 pm
Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:
Greerfan1 wrote:

Blown mind in 3..2..1..
Correct, the 3A team was the best little team in the state....save maybe Oceanside...or Gray...maybe Abbeville....and one biscuit less, perhaps Camden.

Fear The Fox...
Broome called they said Spartanburg was meh!