new gaffney quarterback gets ringing endorsement from former all pro qb

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
notabyrnesfan
Gaffney Indians

new gaffney quarterback gets ringing endorsement from former all pro qb

Post by notabyrnesfan »

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Re: new gaffney quarterback gets ringing endorsement from former all pro qb

Post by DFOLDMAN »

....it was SCISA ball... Region 2 is whole new can of worms.

Fear The Fox...

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

DFOLDMAN wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:31 am

Fear The Fox...
Who knows how good he is.
If I told you a qb from blue ridge high school would give Tom Knotts fits you probably wouldn’t believe that either.

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by DFOLDMAN »

Ddub14 wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:49 pm
DFOLDMAN wrote:

Fear The Fox...
If I told you a qb from blue ridge high school would give Tom Knotts fits you probably wouldn’t believe that either.
I remember Will Taylor found out at DF the first game setting scrimmage against Ridge View...he could run around in the pocket at Ben Lippen until someone got open or just tuck it and run for 80 yards....that team speed at Ridge View said No Sir!....but he figured it out. Let Jarvis run the ball and throw it to the two best WRs in the state....makes life easier....behind a D1 O-line too..... He got run down multiple times...you could see the wheels turning in his head.. like hmmm this ain't SCISA.
And if this guy was a world beater they would have won the SCISA title. Bryce Thompson went to Ben Lippen and won it by himself before he returned to DF.
Like you said, have to wait and see.

Fear The Fox....

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

DFOLDMAN wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:16 pm
Ddub14 wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:49 pm
DFOLDMAN wrote:

Fear The Fox...
I remember Will Taylor found out at DF the first game setting scrimmage against Ridge View...he could run around in the pocket at Ben Lippen until someone got open or just tuck it and run for 80 yards....that team speed at Ridge View said No Sir!....but he figured it out. Let Jarvis run the ball and throw it to the two best WRs in the state....makes life easier....behind a D1 O-line too..... He got run down multiple times...you could see the wheels turning in his head.. like hmmm this ain't SCISA.
And if this guy was a world beater they would have won the SCISA title. Bryce Thompson went to Ben Lippen and won it by himself before he returned to DF.
Like you said, have to wait and see.

Fear The Fox....
Nice deflection from addressing the blue ridge tiger transfer that put DF in his back pocket.

Deputy
No Team Affiliation

Post by Deputy »

SCISA………nothing I get tired of hearing about more than SCIS. And for some reason the press in the midlands seem fascinated by them. Almost as fascinated as they annually are with the always overrated Lexington crowd.

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by DFOLDMAN »

Deputy wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:14 am
SCISA………nothing I get tired of hearing about more than SCIS. And for some reason the press in the midlands seem fascinated by them. Almost as fascinated as they annually are with the always overrated Lexington crowd.
LOL....easy to explain...all the press' or their bosses' kids go to SCISA schools in the Columbia...

PS- Dub, you are right. Need to read what I have said about Grayson Loftis earlier. Stellar young QB and even better young man. Great QB! His senior year against DF one of the best performances against DF in the upperstate that you will ever see. Some of the throws he made, usually running for his life, with great coverage, were on a dime.
But even Blue Ridge has a tougher schedule than Ben Lippen....Pinewood Prep, Trinity, Camden Military, Cardinal Newman.

Fear The Fox...