Region 1-1A

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
BBurg_Wildcat 22
Blacksburg Wildcats

Re: Region 1-1A

Post by BBurg_Wildcat 22 »

WShornets69 wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:18 am
Welp we got Abbeville for the next 2 years. Its going to be a battle for second between us, Whitmire, Dixie, and McCormick. You can maybe throw Calhoun Falls but I think their success last year may be short lived. I think Thornwell will forfeit their season after the 100-0 beat down they will take from A-town. Abbeville may as well bring the JV boys to play that one. I think Abbeville will steam roll to the upper state game and then maybe play a team that will give them a game like Lamar or Lewisville Then state play tougher schools like Johnsonville, Cross, Bamberg-Ehrnhardt or Baptist Hill. I'll still be cheering for the hornets hard but them future seems bleak....
It is good to see Ware Shoals on our schedule again this year, we have had some good games in the past.

WShornets69
Ware Shoals Hornets

Post by WShornets69 »

BBurg_Wildcat 22 wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:04 am
WShornets69 wrote:
Welp we got Abbeville for the next 2 years. Its going to be a battle for second between us, Whitmire, Dixie, and McCormick. You can maybe throw Calhoun Falls but I think their success last year may be short lived. I think Thornwell will forfeit their season after the 100-0 beat down they will take from A-town. Abbeville may as well bring the JV boys to play that one. I think Abbeville will steam roll to the upper state game and then maybe play a team that will give them a game like Lamar or Lewisville Then state play tougher schools like Johnsonville, Cross, Bamberg-Ehrnhardt or Baptist Hill. I'll still be cheering for the hornets hard but them future seems bleak....
It is good to see Ware Shoals on our schedule again this year, we have had some good games in the past.
I saw that! can't wait to play should be a good game. Blacksburg seems to have a pretty good schedule. Seems to be like the past years schedule but instead of Abbeville you switched for Clinton. How you feeling about playing the red devils? I've seen them play a good bit due to being relatively close and when the call them "the big red machine" they ain't lying.

BBurg_Wildcat 22
Blacksburg Wildcats

WShornets69 wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:52 pm
BBurg_Wildcat 22 wrote:
WShornets69 wrote:
I saw that! can't wait to play should be a good game. Blacksburg seems to have a pretty good schedule. Seems to be like the past years schedule but instead of Abbeville you switched for Clinton. How you feeling about playing the red devils? I've seen them play a good bit due to being relatively close and when the call them "the big red machine" they ain't lying.
Clinton is going to be tough for sure. They play a hard nose style offense. Thankfully we have played some hard nose running teams the last few years, and seen a version of Clinton's offense with Bennett being at 96 now. We have a really good schedule this year and some good non conference games. We return a lot on offense and some on defense. Hope we can put it together this year. here is our full schedule...

Ware Shoals
Cherryville (NC)
Union County
Pageland Central
Broome
Chesnee
Landrum
Bonnie Cone (NC)
Clinton
Liberty

How do the Hornets look this year?

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

BBurg_Wildcat 22 wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:32 pm
WShornets69 wrote:
BBurg_Wildcat 22 wrote:
WShornets69 wrote:
Clinton is going to be tough for sure. They play a hard nose style offense. Thankfully we have played some hard nose running teams the last few years, and seen a version of Clinton's offense with Bennett being at 96 now. We have a really good schedule this year and some good non conference games. We return a lot on offense and some on defense. Hope we can put it together this year. here is our full schedule...

Ware Shoals
Cherryville (NC)
Union County
Pageland Central
Broome
Chesnee
Landrum
Bonnie Cone (NC)
Clinton
Liberty

Broome will be a tall order as well for y’all.
The McGill kid is good.

BBurg_Wildcat 22
Blacksburg Wildcats

Ddub14 wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:39 pm
BBurg_Wildcat 22 wrote:
WShornets69 wrote:
BBurg_Wildcat 22 wrote:
WShornets69 wrote:

Ware Shoals
Cherryville (NC)
Union County
Pageland Central
Broome
Chesnee
Landrum
Bonnie Cone (NC)
Clinton
Liberty

Broome will be a tall order as well for y’all.
The McGill kid is good.
Yes he is. Broome is a very good football team. McGill is one of the best RB's in the state.

WShornets69
Ware Shoals Hornets

Post by WShornets69 »

BBurg_Wildcat 22 wrote:
WShornets69 wrote:
BBurg_Wildcat 22 wrote:
WShornets69 wrote:

Ware Shoals
Cherryville (NC)
Union County
Pageland Central
Broome
Chesnee
Landrum
Bonnie Cone (NC)
Clinton
Liberty

It'll be a coin toss I believe. Last year looked good but we couldn't seem to get everything together. Lomax is gone and he was a really good back for us. Young guys will need to step up and make plays. Hoping to rebuild, possibly go .500 and make playoffs.

BBurg_Wildcat 22
Blacksburg Wildcats

WShornets69 wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:10 am
BBurg_Wildcat 22 wrote:
WShornets69 wrote:
BBurg_Wildcat 22 wrote:
WShornets69 wrote:

Ware Shoals
Cherryville (NC)
Union County
Pageland Central
Broome
Chesnee
Landrum
Bonnie Cone (NC)
Clinton
Liberty

It'll be a coin toss I believe. Last year looked good but we couldn't seem to get everything together. Lomax is gone and he was a really good back for us. Young guys will need to step up and make plays. Hoping to rebuild, possibly go .500 and make playoffs.

I wish ya'll the best of luck this upcoming season.