Region 1-1A

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
WShornets69
Ware Shoals Hornets

Region 1-1A

Post by WShornets69 »

Welp we got Abbeville for the next 2 years. Its going to be a battle for second between us, Whitmire, Dixie, and McCormick. You can maybe throw Calhoun Falls but I think their success last year may be short lived. I think Thornwell will forfeit their season after the 100-0 beat down they will take from A-town. Abbeville may as well bring the JV boys to play that one. I think Abbeville will steam roll to the upper state game and then maybe play a team that will give them a game like Lamar or Lewisville Then state play tougher schools like Johnsonville, Cross, Bamberg-Ehrnhardt or Baptist Hill. I'll still be cheering for the hornets hard but them future seems bleak....
Last edited by WShornets69 on Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

*Topcat*
Abbeville Panthers

Re: Region 1-1A

Post by *Topcat* »

WShornets69 wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:18 am
Welp we got Abbeville for the next 2 years. Its going to be a battle for second between us, Dixie, and McCormick. You can maybe throw Calhoun Falls but I think their success last year may be short lived. I will never give Whitmire their due because they can't beat us LOL. I think Thornwell will forfeit their season after the 100-0 beat down they will take from A-town. Abbeville may as well bring the JV boys to play that one. I think Abbeville will steam roll to the upper state game and then maybe play a team that will give them a game like Lamar or Lewisville Then state play tougher schools like Johnsonville, Cross, Bamberg-Ehrnhardt or Baptist Hill. I'll still be cheering for the hornets hard but them future seems bleak....
The Region will not be any fun for us either. No disrespect, just being real here. The games should be reduced to 6 minute quarters with a running clock. Game over and everyone home by 9. It's ridiculous, but, supposedly its for the benefit of the other sports. :roll: A game between Abb and Thornwell would be senseless, should never happen. Hopefully some common sense prevails regarding this whole situation. So far i am not seeing it.

ShivaBlast
No Team Affiliation

Post by ShivaBlast »

I still don't see why some special addendum couldn't have been made that allowed Abbeville FOOTBALL to play 2A, and the rest of the sports stay in 1A. They do it for several schools within the classifications (i.e.: football plays in region 1, the rest of the sports play in some other region); am I naïve in thinking that you could do that with classifications, as well?

You just told every team in that region that they don't have a shot at a region title for the next 2-3 years. And, to be honest, you told all of 1A that they don't have a shot at a title for that long, as well. Lamar and Lewisville, to your point, can maybe give Abbeville half a game, but that's it.

Remove all the cheating private school teams from 1A? Great! But here: take Abbeville now. Sucks.

WShornets69
Ware Shoals Hornets

Post by WShornets69 »

*Topcat* wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:34 am
WShornets69 wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:18 am
Welp we got Abbeville for the next 2 years. Its going to be a battle for second between us, Whitmire, Dixie, and McCormick. You can maybe throw Calhoun Falls but I think their success last year may be short lived. I think Thornwell will forfeit their season after the 100-0 beat down they will take from A-town. Abbeville may as well bring the JV boys to play that one. I think Abbeville will steam roll to the upper state game and then maybe play a team that will give them a game like Lamar or Lewisville Then state play tougher schools like Johnsonville, Cross, Bamberg-Ehrnhardt or Baptist Hill. I'll still be cheering for the hornets hard but them future seems bleak....
The Region will not be any fun for us either. No disrespect, just being real here. The games should be reduced to 6 minute quarters with a running clock. Game over and everyone home by 9. It's ridiculous, but, supposedly its for the benefit of the other sports. :roll: A game between Abb and Thornwell would be senseless, should never happen. Hopefully some common sense prevails regarding this whole situation. So far i am not seeing it.
The region would be good if Abbeville was still in 2A. Even though I sometime rag Whitmire and Calhoun Falls I still have a great respect for their teams. I hate that we are going to a blood bath with them. Maybe this will make us all come together and sing sweet songs of sadness together. I hope that we all find success against the monster that is Abbeville.

*Topcat*
Abbeville Panthers

Post by *Topcat* »

ShivaBlast wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:51 pm
I still don't see why some special addendum couldn't have been made that allowed Abbeville FOOTBALL to play 2A, and the rest of the sports stay in 1A. They do it for several schools within the classifications (i.e.: football plays in region 1, the rest of the sports play in some other region); am I naïve in thinking that you could do that with classifications, as well?

You just told every team in that region that they don't have a shot at a region title for the next 2-3 years. And, to be honest, you told all of 1A that they don't have a shot at a title for that long, as well. Lamar and Lewisville, to your point, can maybe give Abbeville half a game, but that's it.

Remove all the cheating private school teams from 1A? Great! But here: take Abbeville now. Sucks.
It's a great thought. Wish it were so.

Belvedere
No Team Affiliation

Post by Belvedere »

ShivaBlast wrote:
:lol:
Well done.

I'm fairly sure this exact thing was done one cycle for West-Oak in the recent past (AAA for all sports except FB, where they played in AA).

*Topcat*
Abbeville Panthers

Post by *Topcat* »

Belvedere wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:48 pm
ShivaBlast wrote:
Well done.

I'm fairly sure this exact thing was done one cycle for West-Oak in the recent past (AAA for all sports except FB, where they played in AA).
I think you are correct.

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

*Topcat* wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:55 pm
Belvedere wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:48 pm
ShivaBlast wrote:
Well done.

I think you are correct.
West oak chose to go down to 2a and forfeited any chances of playoffs.

ShivaBlast
No Team Affiliation

Post by ShivaBlast »

Ddub14 wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:37 pm

This is a different animal, though. West-Oak forfeited because they knew they couldn't hang with 3A. In Abbeville's case, they could stir some problems in 3A, if they had the chance. They're not dodging competition; they're in need of more.

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

ShivaBlast wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:41 pm
Ddub14 wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:37 pm

This is a different animal, though. West-Oak forfeited because they knew they couldn't hang with 3A. In Abbeville's case, they could stir some problems in 3A, if they had the chance. They're not dodging competition; they're in need of more.
I know this that’s why I’m pointing it out. Two completely different situations. West oak wouldn’t win 1a.