Greenville High HC Applicants?

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
Red Raiders 02
Greenville Red Raiders

Greenville High HC Applicants?

Post by Red Raiders 02 »

Man I am an Alumni and still haven't heard anything about who has applied for the Greenville HC job yet lol they are keeping things under wraps lol last rumor I heard was Coach Lamb applied other than that I've heard nothing else I hope they get the ball rolling soon and not do a rush job like when they hired Crane don't get me wrong I liked Crane as a OC under Jim Sosebee staff at Greenville but not so much as the HC at Greenville. Whoever ends up being our next HC I hope he keeps Lamb and Abrams on staff and I hope Greenville looks at his resume real thoroughly before hiring we need a proven winner at HC. GO RED RAIDERS

Blister
No Team Affiliation

Re: Greenville High HC Applicants?

Post by Blister »

Don’t pay any attention to who applies at Greenville. They are a little more proactive than that.

7timechamps
Daniel Lions

Post by 7timechamps »

Red Raiders 02 wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:04 pm
Man I am an Alumni and still haven't heard anything about who has applied for the Greenville HC job yet lol they are keeping things under wraps lol last rumor I heard was Coach Lamb applied other than that I've heard nothing else I hope they get the ball rolling soon and not do a rush job like when they hired Crane don't get me wrong I liked Crane as a OC under Jim Sosebee staff at Greenville but not so much as the HC at Greenville. Whoever ends up being our next HC I hope he keeps Lamb and Abrams on staff and I hope Greenville looks at his resume real thoroughly before hiring we need a proven winner at HC. GO RED RAIDERS

You don’t want Crane or Abrams around.. Crane is a proven loser, Abrams got fired from Wren for putting his hands on a Daniel player when we played at Wren a few years back
8 Time Champs Now! Go Lions!

Red Raiders 02
Greenville Red Raiders

Post by Red Raiders 02 »

7timechamps wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:48 pm
Red Raiders 02 wrote:

You don’t want Crane or Abrams around.. Crane is a proven loser, Abrams got fired from Wren for putting his hands on a Daniel player when we played at Wren a few years back
Yeah Crane was the HC when we first moved to 4A before Porter and man it was terrible lol and Abrams is the DB coach but man putting hands in a kid is a no go in my book smh. I just hope we get a proven winner as HC at Greenville

7timechamps
Daniel Lions

Post by 7timechamps »

Red Raiders 02 wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:00 pm
7timechamps wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:48 pm
Red Raiders 02 wrote:

Yeah Crane was the HC when we first moved to 4A before Porter and man it was terrible lol and Abrams is the DB coach but man putting hands in a kid is a no go in my book smh. I just hope we get a proven winner as HC at Greenville

Yeah Crane has been at Seneca, which I know you know.. But it's been horrible.. We beat them last year and he goes to the paper after the game and blasts his own team.. Like it's not the culture he created! And honestly Abrams at one point had a decent reputation over here, his kid even went to the Daniel feeder middle school.. But yeah we had a lineman finish a play on their sideline and he pushed him pretty good.. A low point for Daniel v. Wren, which has always been a fun matchup with us and a lot of history there
8 Time Champs Now! Go Lions!

HoodRoad
Powdersville Patriots

Post by HoodRoad »

Idk how he'd handle Greenville county or even want to but every time a decent job that comes up I'm putting the same guy's name out there...Corey Fountain, HC at Clinton. The guy is a proven winner, great coach and his players love him. IMO he's a rising star. Clinton dropping to 2A is boring. I'd at least make the phone call and let him tell me no. That '05 clientele is different and you have to be able to navigate well plus deal with the fact you're in the GCS.

Red Raiders 02
Greenville Red Raiders

Post by Red Raiders 02 »

HoodRoad wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:17 pm
Idk how he'd handle Greenville county or even want to but every time a decent job that comes up I'm putting the same guy's name out there...Corey Fountain, HC at Clinton. The guy is a proven winner, great coach and his players love him. IMO he's a rising star. Clinton dropping to 2A is boring. I'd at least make the phone call and let him tell me no. That '05 clientele is different and you have to be able to navigate well plus deal with the fact you're in the GCS.
I think he would be a great hire

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

Red Raiders 02 wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:49 pm
HoodRoad wrote:
Not if he runs the same offensive system
That won’t fly on the 5A level
The only program that has any success with it is TL Hanna and even they have a hard time advancing against athletic defensive teams that are able to read and react to it.
He would have to change his mindset to a more pro style or air raid style offense.

HoodRoad
Powdersville Patriots

Post by HoodRoad »

Ddub14 wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:27 pm
Red Raiders 02 wrote:
HoodRoad wrote:
The only program that has any success with it is TL Hanna and even they have a hard time advancing against athletic defensive teams that are able to read and react to it.
He would have to change his mindset to a more pro style or air raid style offense.
They actually throw it a little more than people think. They've dealt with some QB injuries that made them run heavy. Ddub you and I both know a guy that it would seem would be licking his chops to get the job at Greenville. Imagine the damage PJohnson could do with recruiting, money and the athletes they have at Greenville. He made a difference in one season at Woodmont now he's gone over to Hillcrest with Swygert. Like him or not he can get athletes and IMO he's not a bad coach.

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

HoodRoad wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:58 pm
Ddub14 wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:27 pm
Red Raiders 02 wrote:
HoodRoad wrote:
They actually throw it a little more than people think. They've dealt with some QB injuries that made them run heavy. Ddub you and I both know a guy that it would seem would be licking his chops to get the job at Greenville. Imagine the damage PJohnson could do with recruiting, money and the athletes they have at Greenville. He made a difference in one season at Woodmont now he's gone over to Hillcrest with Swygert. Like him or not he can get athletes and IMO he's not a bad coach.
He would be more of the same though. He’s a guy that can’t stay in one spot too long. I really thought when he was in walhalla his success only came from being able to recruit Seneca players . He would be able to recruit but coaching idk.
Going back to that offense though is a culture difference.
Clinton throws a little bit but only on opponents that they are usually superior than or have gotten up on. When they faced truly deep athletic teams they struggled and running that offense in 5A will get your qb and rbs beat up.
Also I do t think that style would go over well with the Greenville crowd. He’s a great coach and maybe he adapts and changes if they offer him the job.

It’ll be interesting but they better hurry up
Spring ball is right around the corner
Scoot Watson is hard at work