Multiplier Numbers per School

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Re: Multiplier Numbers per School

Post by Ddub14 »

HoodRoad wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:14 pm
Belvedere wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:24 pm
Hood Rd, thanks for posting that link. Some of these numbers are really surprising - like how CCES and St Joe's are basically the same size with kids from the same places, but that one mile distance along Fairforest Rd means an adjusted difference of ~200. Or that Bishop England is below 50%, despite physically being located in Berkeley Co. Or that a quarter of all SCHSL members have >10% OOD students.
It cracks me up that CCES is considered in the Southside zone. It's 4 miles from Southside but only 1.4 miles from Mann & St. Joe's. The number that people aren't privy to is the amount of financial aid some of the kids get. IMO most of the kids at CCES don't need any aid nor do they get it but at St. Joe's it's probably close to 40% or more. It's not the number of Jimmy's & Joe's at these schools it's the the level of coaching that is a testament to their success.
Almost all the private school kids at at joes and cc come from the 05 and 09 zip codes

They aren’t hurting

HoodRoad
Powdersville Patriots

Post by HoodRoad »

Ddub14 wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:05 pm
HoodRoad wrote:
Belvedere wrote:
Hood Rd, thanks for posting that link. Some of these numbers are really surprising - like how CCES and St Joe's are basically the same size with kids from the same places, but that one mile distance along Fairforest Rd means an adjusted difference of ~200. Or that Bishop England is below 50%, despite physically being located in Berkeley Co. Or that a quarter of all SCHSL members have >10% OOD students.
It cracks me up that CCES is considered in the Southside zone. It's 4 miles from Southside but only 1.4 miles from Mann & St. Joe's. The number that people aren't privy to is the amount of financial aid some of the kids get. IMO most of the kids at CCES don't need any aid nor do they get it but at St. Joe's it's probably close to 40% or more. It's not the number of Jimmy's & Joe's at these schools it's the the level of coaching that is a testament to their success.
Almost all the private school kids at at joes and cc come from the 05 and 09 zip codes

They aren’t hurting
Oh trust me I know. I know several kids that live in the Woodruff Rd/Hwy 14 area that all attend CCES. Heck my wife worked for a Dr. that lived in the Landrum/Tryon area and his kids went to CCES. We have friends that live in TR and their kids go to SSC. I couldn't imagine either of those drives every day. This is directly from a St. Joe's marketing piece they recently sent out...

"Our campus is a dynamic hub that brings together students from 37 different zip codes, 24 cities, and six counties, creating a truly multicultural and socio-economically diverse community."

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

HoodRoad wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:50 pm
Ddub14 wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:05 pm
HoodRoad wrote:
Belvedere wrote:

They aren’t hurting
Oh trust me I know. I know several kids that live in the Woodruff Rd/Hwy 14 area that all attend CCES. Heck my wife worked for a Dr. that lived in the Landrum/Tryon area and his kids went to CCES. We have friends that live in TR and their kids go to SSC. I couldn't imagine either of those drives every day. This is directly from a St. Joe's marketing piece they recently sent out...

"Our campus is a dynamic hub that brings together students from 37 different zip codes, 24 cities, and six counties, creating a truly multicultural and socio-economically diverse community."
I do wonder though about when playoffs come if any of those schools could host a 3a level game. I know powdersville barely made the requirements and their stadium is much bigger than all 3 of those.
They may have to put some money into their facilities
At least football wise or they could be facing no more home playoff games.

HoodRoad
Powdersville Patriots

Post by HoodRoad »

[/quote]

I do wonder though about when playoffs come if any of those schools could host a 3a level game. I know powdersville barely made the requirements and their stadium is much bigger than all 3 of those.
[/quote]

SSC & SJH only have stands on one side so they def won't host any. CCES has visitor's stands but it's only one set. CCES is expanding so they may be adding more. As for PVille, we're fixing to expand our visitor's side and add more to the home side. Not sure what kind of monstrosity they're gonna have on the visitor side. They'll have to go up, there's no room on the sides and there's a huge drop off behind the stadium. There wasn't much thinking or planning it seems when they decided to build PVHS. As one old timer told me "the school board basically threw a school together and said 'here's your HS now shut up'." ASD1 is all about fairness. If one school needs something they all have to have something. The year Wren got their new weight room we asked for one too and instead got tennis courts.

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

HoodRoad wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:38 pm

[/quote]

SSC & SJH only have stands on one side so they def won't host any. CCES has visitor's stands but it's only one set. CCES is expanding so they may be adding more. As for PVille, we're fixing to expand our visitor's side and add more to the home side. Not sure what kind of monstrosity they're gonna have on the visitor side. They'll have to go up, there's no room on the sides and there's a huge drop off behind the stadium. There wasn't much thinking or planning it seems when they decided to build PVHS. As one old timer told me "the school board basically threw a school together and said 'here's your HS now shut up'." ASD1 is all about fairness. If one school needs something they all have to have something. The year Wren got their new weight room we asked for one too and instead got tennis courts.
[/quote]

Well they didn’t spare giving to Crescent
That’s a nice stadium

Y’all definitely need more visitors side stands and maybe another bathroom and concession on that side

HoodRoad
Powdersville Patriots

Post by HoodRoad »

[/quote]

Well they didn’t spare giving to Crescent
That’s a nice stadium

Y’all definitely need more visitors side stands and maybe another bathroom and concession on that side
[/quote]

Crescent is in a different district. But it is nice and so is their weight room. I think Anderson County has 5 districts.

I think were getting concessions over there too but the good hot food will probably still be at the other where the grill is. Was supposed to get bathrooms but now it's my understanding they're going to bring in portables (YUCK!) New bleacher cost nixed the bathroom idea.