Multiplier Numbers per School

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
7timechamps
Daniel Lions

Multiplier Numbers per School

Post by 7timechamps »

Really interesting article that shows the exact number of out of attendance zone kids for each school.. Top 20 all charter/private of course

And for the record, Daniel is 71st on the list.. Actually behind
Seneca and Liberty in percentage of out of attendance zone kids. Very surprising even to me!

Link with data: https://www.thestate.com/sports/high-sc ... 97045.html
Last edited by 7timechamps on Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
8 Time Champs Now! Go Lions!

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Re: Multiplier Numbers per School

Post by mikey »

The link ask me to subscribe to the paper..like to se it though..

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Post by mikey »

Don’t know what you said in a reply 7 time ….it apparently got deleted :? I had a notification you replied to me…but when I looked this am, but it’s not there…maybe send it in a PM..it says I’m not authorized to look at this forum..I don’t really understand..

SCPrepTalk
Site Admin

Post by SCPrepTalk »

mikey wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:16 am
Don’t know what you said in a reply 7 time ….it apparently got deleted :? I had a notification you replied to me…but when I looked this am, but it’s not there…maybe send it in a PM..it says I’m not authorized to look at this forum..I don’t really understand..
We can't post screen shots of information that is behind a paywall on this website.

I am gathering the information from other public sources (that we are allowed to share) and I will post it asap.

7timechamps
Daniel Lions

Post by 7timechamps »

mikey wrote:
SC Prep is going to try and make a chart of the data.. But if you click the link, after a while it should ask to give you 48 hours of free access. The article has a detailed chart of every school's numbers. Super interesting..
Screenshot 2024-01-30 084856.jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-30 084856.jpg (26.05 KiB) Viewed 614 times
8 Time Champs Now! Go Lions!

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Post by mikey »

7timechamps wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:48 am
mikey wrote:
SC Prep is going to try and make a chart of the data.. But if you click the link, after a while it should ask to give you 48 hours of free access. The article has a detailed chart of every school's numbers. Super interesting..

Screenshot 2024-01-30 084856.jpg
Hey man that didn’t pop up when I first looked at it..it did when I went back…very good read…thanks..

Now if we only knew how many of those Out of attendance zones student played sports ,specifically baseball and football..show who’s load’n up like when we used to in LL baseball. :lol:

Be nice to see each teams %, by region..maybe that fine fellow Rebel74 will put that in one of fancy dancy spreadsheets he likes to make..SC preptalk has more pressing things to do..So no arguments today fellows :D

HoodRoad
Powdersville Patriots

Post by HoodRoad »

Belvedere
No Team Affiliation

Post by Belvedere »

Hood Rd, thanks for posting that link. Some of these numbers are really surprising - like how CCES and St Joe's are basically the same size with kids from the same places, but that one mile distance along Fairforest Rd means an adjusted difference of ~200. Or that Bishop England is below 50%, despite physically being located in Berkeley Co. Or that a quarter of all SCHSL members have >10% OOD students.

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Post by mikey »

Belvedere wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:24 pm
Hood Rd, thanks for posting that link. Some of these numbers are really surprising - like how CCES and St Joe's are basically the same size with kids from the same places, but that one mile distance along Fairforest Rd means an adjusted difference of ~200. Or that Bishop England is below 50%, despite physically being located in Berkeley Co. Or that a quarter of all SCHSL members have >10% OOD students.
agree..that was an interesting article..

HoodRoad
Powdersville Patriots

Post by HoodRoad »

Belvedere wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:24 pm
It cracks me up that CCES is considered in the Southside zone. It's 4 miles from Southside but only 1.4 miles from Mann & St. Joe's. The number that people aren't privy to is the amount of financial aid some of the kids get. IMO most of the kids at CCES don't need any aid nor do they get it but at St. Joe's it's probably close to 40% or more. It's not the number of Jimmy's & Joe's at these schools it's the the level of coaching that is a testament to their success.