Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Re: 2024

Post by DFOLDMAN »

Belvedere wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:07 pm
Fox - To land in D-1, Dutch Fork (26th) will need 10 teams above them to miss the playoffs. Looking at who's in which regions, the cut line will probably fall around 21-24.
Well then....I have to say DF for the little 5A....not sure about the big 5A...maybe Summerville, Fort D. Byrnes or Spartanburg? No idea. My homer self believes which ever classification DF is in, I have to believe they can win it. Pick your poison...Summerville, Fort D, Byrnes, Spartanburg, Mann or White Knoll, Gaffney, Northwestern, Hanna, Hillcrest...

Fear The Fox...

Belvedere
No Team Affiliation

Post by Belvedere »

*Topcat* wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:27 pm
As an Abbeville fan and booster, the move to 1A is extremely disappointing to me. I speak only for myself, but, the move, IMO, was very bad for the flagship program, football. Of course it will help the other sports get a few more wins, it's a region of very small schools, see CF, Whitmire, McCormick, Thornwell, etc, none of which are prolific in sports. Thornwell, really??? We gonna play them in football??? That's just ridiculous if true. Can't believe we begged for this, embarrassing, can't believe it was approved. IMO, it has basically ruined football season after first few games. It's going to be ugly and boring and not what football season is supposed to be about around here. It's going to be regretful I'm afraid. Just my opinion.
Unless they were getting placed with Thurmond, Saluda, and Clinton, the region schedule for Abbeville FB would have been pure dog crap in AA or A. Your closest margin of victory in Reg. 1-AA last year was 37 points, with an average of 42. Try to stay positive - in Reg. 1-A, you can enjoy 63-point thrashings with faster trips home, and the non-revenue sports can maybe get a few more wins and better participation.

*Topcat*
Abbeville Panthers

Post by *Topcat* »

Belvedere wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:28 pm
*Topcat* wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:27 pm
As an Abbeville fan and booster, the move to 1A is extremely disappointing to me. I speak only for myself, but, the move, IMO, was very bad for the flagship program, football. Of course it will help the other sports get a few more wins, it's a region of very small schools, see CF, Whitmire, McCormick, Thornwell, etc, none of which are prolific in sports. Thornwell, really??? We gonna play them in football??? That's just ridiculous if true. Can't believe we begged for this, embarrassing, can't believe it was approved. IMO, it has basically ruined football season after first few games. It's going to be ugly and boring and not what football season is supposed to be about around here. It's going to be regretful I'm afraid. Just my opinion.
Unless they were getting placed with Thurmond, Saluda, and Clinton, the region schedule for Abbeville FB would have been pure dog crap in AA or A. Your closest margin of victory in Reg. 1-AA last year was 37 points, with an average of 42. Try to stay positive - in Reg. 1-A, you can enjoy 63-point thrashings with faster trips home, and the non-revenue sports can maybe get a few more wins and better participation.
Most likely would have been in region with Clinton. What about playoffs, did you forget about that??? What good is a few more wins in non revenue sports at the expense of degrading the football season? Makes no sense. There's no comparing this garbage region we'll now be in with playing Clinton, Chesnee, 96. Plus the Class AA playoffs. Nobody wants a bunch of 63-0 blowouts and getting home by 9 o'clock. Nothing to enjoy there.

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

1a Abbeville in a walk
2a winner of Clinton/ Chester
Chester has a good bit returning including their two year starting jr qb
3a Bhp and not close
Dillon / Oceanside in lower but I understand Dillon lost their rb to so Flo. Don’t know if that’s right or not. Won’t matter because Bhp didn’t lose their Rb
4A Daniel / westside
The winner of this game that will happen in the playoffs
Little 5A still not sure how they are going to split this but if it’s by attendance numbers it will be
Gaffney/Northwestern winner
Big 5A Dutch Fork but keep an eye on J L Mann

NHSTrojan
Northwestern Trojans

Post by NHSTrojan »

DFOLDMAN wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:38 pm
mikey wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:25 pm
DFOLDMAN wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:05 pm
DFOLDMAN wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:51 am
My predictions for 2024

1A:....sad, Abbeville
2A: Clinton.
3A: Oceanside
4A: South Pointe
5A(-): Gaffney
5A(+): Dutch Fork

Let me hear your thoughts.

Fear The Fox...
I'll give you my reasons....should have done that first....Abbeville (well, I don't think I need to explain that one). Clinton (good coach and a good system- will be tough in 2A). Oceanside (talent and resources). South Pointe(solid solid ground game returning, promising QB, good size and speed on both sides of the ball). Gaffney( Gaffney will be Gaffney...period). Dutch Fork (a lot returning from last season that has a lot of experience and Coach Knotts at the helm...hard combo to beat.).

Fear The Fox...
I think NW returns most of their team next year,So Gaffney might be Gaffney, but they gone have a dog fight there :!:
True, NW's QB is back but they lost a lot of RBs and receivers as well...have to wait and see. Gaffney has a good schedule with Crest, Mann, Greenville, Spartanburg, Byrnes and Dorman to get them ready for the playoffs. Will be interesting.

Fear The Fox...
Northwestern will be just fine. 9 returning starters on defense. QB is back. Of the 8 receivers who had significant catches 3 graduated. Yes, the RB position is wide open. That will be solved. OL can improve as well.

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by DFOLDMAN »

Ddub14 wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:57 pm
1a Abbeville in a walk
3a Bhp and not close
Dillon / Oceanside in lower but I understand Dillon lost their rb to so Flo. Don’t know if that’s right or not. Won’t matter because Bhp didn’t lose their Rb
4A Daniel / westside
Little 5A still not sure how they are going to split this but if it’s by attendance numbers it will be
I like Mann...they lost a lot of Seniors...losing the QB Anderson and the WR McClellan is going to hurt...they were the heart of that offense. McClellan was tough as nails.

Fear The Fox...

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

DFOLDMAN wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:17 am
Ddub14 wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:57 pm
1a Abbeville in a walk
3a Bhp and not close
4A Daniel / westside
I like Mann...they lost a lot of Seniors...losing the QB Anderson and the WR McClellan is going to hurt...they were the heart of that offense. McClellan was tough as nails.

Fear The Fox...
Trust me they had a lot more than those guys. Watson is building a monster over there. Porter to Laurens should tell you what you need to know.
I’ll let you know , Daniel plays them week 3 , a week after they play Gaffney.