Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by DFOLDMAN »

My predictions for 2024

1A:....sad, Abbeville
2A: Clinton.
3A: Oceanside
4A: South Pointe
5A(-): Gaffney
5A(+): Dutch Fork

Let me hear your thoughts.

Fear The Fox...

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Re: 2024

Post by DFOLDMAN »

DFOLDMAN wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:51 am
My predictions for 2024

Fear The Fox...
I'll give you my reasons....should have done that first....Abbeville (well, I don't think I need to explain that one). Clinton (good coach and a good system- will be tough in 2A). Oceanside (talent and resources). South Pointe(solid solid ground game returning, promising QB, good size and speed on both sides of the ball). Gaffney( Gaffney will be Gaffney...period). Dutch Fork (a lot returning from last season that has a lot of experience and Coach Knotts at the helm...hard combo to beat.).

Fear The Fox...

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Post by mikey »

DFOLDMAN wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:05 pm
DFOLDMAN wrote:
My predictions for 2024

Fear The Fox...
I'll give you my reasons....should have done that first....Abbeville (well, I don't think I need to explain that one). Clinton (good coach and a good system- will be tough in 2A). Oceanside (talent and resources). South Pointe(solid solid ground game returning, promising QB, good size and speed on both sides of the ball). Gaffney( Gaffney will be Gaffney...period). Dutch Fork (a lot returning from last season that has a lot of experience and Coach Knotts at the helm...hard combo to beat.).

Fear The Fox...
I think NW returns most of their team next year,So Gaffney might be Gaffney, but they gone have a dog fight there :!:

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by DFOLDMAN »

mikey wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:25 pm
DFOLDMAN wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:05 pm
DFOLDMAN wrote:
My predictions for 2024

Fear The Fox...

Fear The Fox...
I think NW returns most of their team next year,So Gaffney might be Gaffney, but they gone have a dog fight there :!:
True, NW's QB is back but they lost a lot of RBs and receivers as well...have to wait and see. Gaffney has a good schedule with Crest, Mann, Greenville, Spartanburg, Byrnes and Dorman to get them ready for the playoffs. Will be interesting.

Fear The Fox...

Belvedere
No Team Affiliation

Post by Belvedere »

AAAAA-1: Summerville
AAAAA-2: Dutch Fork
AAAA: South Florence
AAA: Belton-Honea Path
AA: Philip Simmons
A: Abbeville

Greerfan1
Greer Yellow Jackets

Post by Greerfan1 »

DFOLDMAN wrote:
My predictions for 2024

Fear The Fox...

Here is what I think and why

AAAAA 1: Spartanburg - I said it last year and I'll say it again Spartanburg is about to go on a run, Hodge is one of the best Coaches in the State, they have the best facilities and plenty of athletes, also they return a ton of talent. That defense has the possibility of being an all time great one.

AAAAA 2: Dutch Fork - I'm not gonna pick against TK and those Silver Foxes, they had so many underclassmen last year and they still won the whole thing. I expect Offing will make a HUGE jump this off season. Kid is gonna be special.

AAAA: South Florence - 4A seems to be a toss up between last years champ Westside ( and the whole host of transfers they got in ) and South Florence, I expect South Florence to be back in Orangeburg but to win it this year.

AAA: Dillon - Can they get over the hump and win it all? I think this will be the year that they do.

AA: Clinton - They've been close the last few years, and that running game travels come playoff time.

A: Abbeville - No explanation needed, shouldn't be in A

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by DFOLDMAN »

Will Dutch Fork be small or large 5A? I know they are near the cut off...not sure.

Fear The Fox...

Greerfan1
Greer Yellow Jackets

Post by Greerfan1 »

DFOLDMAN wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:34 pm
Will Dutch Fork be small or large 5A? I know they are near the cut off...not sure.

Fear The Fox...
I used the basic numbers, and by that they would be small 5A, but if teams lose or don't make the playoffs the could move up.

*Topcat*
Abbeville Panthers

Post by *Topcat* »

As an Abbeville fan and booster, the move to 1A is extremely disappointing to me. I speak only for myself, but, the move, IMO, was very bad for the flagship program, football. Of course it will help the other sports get a few more wins, it's a region of very small schools, see CF, Whitmire, McCormick, Thornwell, etc, none of which are prolific in sports. Thornwell, really??? We gonna play them in football??? That's just ridiculous if true. Can't believe we begged for this, embarrassing, can't believe it was approved. IMO, it has basically ruined football season after first few games. It's going to be ugly and boring and not what football season is supposed to be about around here. It's going to be regretful I'm afraid. Just my opinion.

Belvedere
No Team Affiliation

Post by Belvedere »

Fox - To land in D-1, Dutch Fork (26th) will need 10 teams above them to miss the playoffs. Looking at who's in which regions, the cut line will probably fall around 21-24.