New High School

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
Peacekeeper
No Team Affiliation

New High School

Post by Peacekeeper »

Coming to York County, the Clover school district is adding Lake Wylie high school scheduled to open fall of 2026. Mascot is Chargers, colors light blue and gold (like the NFL Chargers)

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Re: New High School

Post by Ddub14 »

Peacekeeper wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:37 pm
Coming to York County, the Clover school district is adding Lake Wylie high school scheduled to open fall of 2026. Mascot is Chargers, colors light blue and gold (like the NFL Chargers)
I approve of this color scheme

Belvedere
No Team Affiliation

Post by Belvedere »

Peacekeeper wrote:
This is sorely needed. Also, a nice nod to the Catawba nuclear station across the highway.

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

Belvedere wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:02 pm
Peacekeeper wrote:
This is sorely needed. Also, a nice nod to the Catawba nuclear station across the highway.
The amount of growth around the upstate is incredible.
Saw the other day that Fountain Inn high school is doing a 48 million dollar addition. That school is already headed for 5A and is only 4/5 years old.

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

I know there will be a transition period, but I wonder what percentage of the district's students they expect to have at each school a few years from now? If Clover loses 40-45% they could drop to 4A. But considering the growth in the area, they could split 50-50 and both end up in 5A.

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

SF Band dad wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:42 pm
I know there will be a transition period, but I wonder what percentage of the district's students they expect to have at each school a few years from now? If Clover loses 40-45% they could drop to 4A. But considering the growth in the area, they could split 50-50 and both end up in 5A.
I mean it happened in the simpsonville area
Took kids from Hillcrest and woodmont to fountain inn
FI is already 4A and will be 5A next realignment and both hillcrest and woodmont are 5A and growing
In fact Greenville county used to be chocked full of all classifications. Not the case anymore. Outside of Carolina high every public school is 4A or higher. Btw all of them are maxed out as well. A lot of the magnet programs these schools have are basically obsolete right now because they aren’t anymore spaces .