Daniel Football Schedule

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
7timechamps
Daniel Lions

Re: Daniel Football Schedule

Post by 7timechamps »

DFOLDMAN wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:35 am
7timechamps wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:21 pm
stretch wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:13 pm
Added Chapman to the schedule week 0 at home. Hopefully we can get that last game nailed down soon.
Chapman Clinton and Mann some fun non region games. If it’s two year contracts in 25 we are traveling to Clinton, Chapman, Greer, Blue Ridge lol
Who is going to be in the offensive backfield for DWD this season? I think maybe the QB and the starting RB(s) were seniors...not sure about the QB- Chapman may have been a JR. DWD may have to go with 9 games. This realignment has created a monster for scheduling apparently.

Offing, Anderson and Smith will likely be the starters in the offensive backfield for DF...if some how they stay healthy this season... DF deserves an injury-free season after the last two...but part of the game. Still waiting on DF schedule. I am fairly certain there will be some of those Charlotte teams on the schedule, just not sure which ones.

Fear The Fox...
I would think the JV QB and the varsity backup who they threw in at Greer will battle it out. JV had a very solid RB as well. It'll be a very young skill group no doubt. If Chapman QB is coming back, I'd be good with that, he had like 4 self inflicted turnovers against CHester in playoffs
8 Time Champs Now! Go Lions!

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

7timechamps wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:57 am
DFOLDMAN wrote:
7timechamps wrote:
stretch wrote:
Added Chapman to the schedule week 0 at home. Hopefully we can get that last game nailed down soon.
Chapman Clinton and Mann some fun non region games. If it’s two year contracts in 25 we are traveling to Clinton, Chapman, Greer, Blue Ridge lol
Who is going to be in the offensive backfield for DWD this season? I think maybe the QB and the starting RB(s) were seniors...not sure about the QB- Chapman may have been a JR. DWD may have to go with 9 games. This realignment has created a monster for scheduling apparently.

Offing, Anderson and Smith will likely be the starters in the offensive backfield for DF...if some how they stay healthy this season... DF deserves an injury-free season after the last two...but part of the game. Still waiting on DF schedule. I am fairly certain there will be some of those Charlotte teams on the schedule, just not sure which ones.

Fear The Fox...
I would think the JV QB and the varsity backup who they threw in at Greer will battle it out. JV had a very solid RB as well. It'll be a very young skill group no doubt. If Chapman QB is coming back, I'd be good with that, he had like 4 self inflicted turnovers against CHester in playoffs
Chapman was a senior. Thank the kid for his efforts last year. I think he overperformed. That being said Turnipseed the backup I thought was more accurate and had better legs. The freshman Clary kid could wind up being the beat qb ever at Daniel. Already has offers. A big kid with a rifle arm. The rbs are going to fine but I doubt they have anyone as electric as Bennett was the last two years.
They return basically all the receivers and the jv was full of more quality wideouts. I think we go back to more air raid this year than last.
Need to find a few oline and dline. The backend of Daniels defense might be as good as anyone in the state . They are all back. We also have a great kicker.
May see some growing pains early but the pieces are there for another deep run.
The schedule is actually starting to look fun .
You can always rely on the Chapman panthers to play hard and clean.
Hopefully we get one more game from someone

7timechamps
Daniel Lions

Post by 7timechamps »

Ddub14 wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:27 am
7timechamps wrote:
DFOLDMAN wrote:
7timechamps wrote:
stretch wrote:

Fear The Fox...
Chapman was a senior. Thank the kid for his efforts last year. I think he overperformed. That being said Turnipseed the backup I thought was more accurate and had better legs. The freshman Clary kid could wind up being the beat qb ever at Daniel. Already has offers. A big kid with a rifle arm. The rbs are going to fine but I doubt they have anyone as electric as Bennett was the last two years.
They return basically all the receivers and the jv was full of more quality wideouts. I think we go back to more air raid this year than last.
Need to find a few oline and dline. The backend of Daniels defense might be as good as anyone in the state . They are all back. We also have a great kicker.
I misread, when I mentioned CHapman QB against Chester I was talking literally about Chapman the team.. I misread the thread, I know Daniel's QB was a senior and you are correct about overperforming
8 Time Champs Now! Go Lions!

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

7timechamps wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:21 pm
Ddub14 wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:27 am
7timechamps wrote:
DFOLDMAN wrote:
7timechamps wrote:
stretch wrote:

Fear The Fox...
I misread, when I mentioned CHapman QB against Chester I was talking literally about Chapman the team.. I misread the thread, I know Daniel's QB was a senior and you are correct about overperforming
I think the qb at Chapman the school was a senior as well.
In fact I think they were senior heavy on offense.

stretch
Daniel Lions

Post by stretch »

8/23 Chapman
8/30 OPEN
9/6 @JL Mann
9/13 OPEN
9/20 Clinton
9/27 @Seneca
10/4 @Berea
10/11 @Travelers Rest
10/18 Pickens
10/25 Blue Ridge
11/1 Greer

Here’s an updated look at the schedule. I accidentally mixed the Pickens and TR games, but we still have one more game to fill.
Go Daniel Lions!!

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

stretch wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 5:31 pm
8/23 Chapman
8/30 OPEN
9/6 @JL Mann
9/13 OPEN
9/20 Clinton
9/27 @Seneca
10/4 @Berea
10/11 @Travelers Rest
10/18 Pickens
10/25 Blue Ridge
11/1 Greer

Here’s an updated look at the schedule. I accidentally mixed the Pickens and TR games, but we still have one more game to fill.
LOL I get to plan the whole month of October to go watch other games . Stretch and 7errr 8time will have to keep me updated. I’ll let y’all know how the playoff competition is looking. Again thanks Schsl!

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by DFOLDMAN »

Ddub14 wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:52 pm
stretch wrote:
8/23 Chapman
8/30 OPEN
9/6 @JL Mann
9/13 OPEN
9/20 Clinton
9/27 @Seneca
10/4 @Berea
10/11 @Travelers Rest
10/18 Pickens
10/25 Blue Ridge
11/1 Greer

LOL I get to plan the whole month of October to go watch other games . Stretch and 7errr 8time will have to keep me updated. I’ll let y’all know how the playoff competition is looking. Again thanks Schsl!
Those 4 teams could field an All-Star team that couldn't beat Seneca with a two TD head-start. And just think, some of those train wrecks are playoff teams. DWD needs to sell beer at those games...for sanity.

Fear The Fox...

osceola1
Gaffney Indians

Post by osceola1 »

stretch wrote:
8/23 Chapman
8/30 OPEN
9/6 @JL Mann
9/13 OPEN
9/20 Clinton
9/27 @Seneca
10/4 @Berea
10/11 @Travelers Rest
10/18 Pickens
10/25 Blue Ridge
11/1 Greer

The just released TR schedule has them AT Daniel... instead of the way you have it above. Just so you are aware just in case that's changed.

https://x.com/TRDevildogFB/status/17571 ... 60115?s=20
Founder of @Gaffney_History on Twitter.

Unofficial, official, Gaffney Football Historian