Daniel Football Schedule

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
stretch
Daniel Lions

Re: Daniel Football Schedule

Post by stretch »

This is how the schedule looks as of now, still need a non region home and away game.

8/23 OPEN
8/30 OPEN
9/6 @JL Mann
9/13 OPEN
9/20 Clinton
9/27 @Seneca
10/4 @Berea
10/11 Pickens
10/18 @Travelers Rest
10/25 Blue Ridge
11/1 Greer

In region we travel to Seneca, Berea and TR. Last time we went to Berea was 2020, we beat them horribly and it might be worse this time around. We haven’t been up to TR since 2007, not sure what they have but I doubt it’ll matter against us.
Go Daniel Lions!!

7timechamps
Daniel Lions

Post by 7timechamps »

stretch wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2024 12:49 pm
This is how the schedule looks as of now, still need a non region home and away game.

8/23 OPEN
8/30 OPEN
9/6 @JL Mann
9/13 OPEN
9/20 Clinton
9/27 @Seneca
10/4 @Berea
10/11 Pickens
10/18 @Travelers Rest
10/25 Blue Ridge
11/1 Greer

In region we travel to Seneca, Berea and TR. Last time we went to Berea was 2020, we beat them horribly and it might be worse this time around. We haven’t been up to TR since 2007, not sure what they have but I doubt it’ll matter against us.
Actually not too bad travel wise.. The next year @ Greer, Blue Ridge two weeks in a row won't be fun.. I'm excited to see it play out.. Really glad we have found some good non region so far
8 Time Champs Now! Go Lions!

HoodRoad
Powdersville Patriots

Post by HoodRoad »

stretch wrote:

8/23 OPEN
8/30 OPEN
9/6 @JL Mann
9/13 OPEN
9/20 Clinton
9/27 @Seneca
10/4 @Berea
10/11 Pickens
10/18 @Travelers Rest
10/25 Blue Ridge
11/1 Greer

The Trash Rats suck as usual. Can you tell I'm from Berea LOL!!! Tell Fru to call Gray Collegiate. They claim everyone is ducking them. I've always heard the reason nobody with any merit will play DWD, allegedly, is because DWD won't agree to a home and home meaning they want everyone to come to them. Like I said, rumors, idk if any of it holds water. Probably just hater talk. Mann and Clinton will be good games and it's nice you have a bye between them. The rest of your schedule should be able to get alot of your backups some useful work heading into postseason.

7timechamps
Daniel Lions

Post by 7timechamps »

HoodRoad wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:49 pm
stretch wrote:

8/23 OPEN
8/30 OPEN
9/6 @JL Mann
9/13 OPEN
9/20 Clinton
9/27 @Seneca
10/4 @Berea
10/11 Pickens
10/18 @Travelers Rest
10/25 Blue Ridge
11/1 Greer

The Trash Rats suck as usual. Can you tell I'm from Berea LOL!!! Tell Fru to call Gray Collegiate. They claim everyone is ducking them. I've always heard the reason nobody with any merit will play DWD, allegedly, is because DWD won't agree to a home and home meaning they want everyone to come to them. Like I said, rumors, idk if any of it holds water. Probably just hater talk. Mann and Clinton will be good games and it's nice you have a bye between them. The rest of your schedule should be able to get alot of your backups some useful work heading into postseason.

Def just hater talk.. All of our non region games have been home/away 2 year contracts.. Just finished ours up with Hart County GA, Riverside, Easley, Pickens, and Greer last two years

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

HoodRoad wrote:
stretch wrote:

8/23 OPEN
8/30 OPEN
9/6 @JL Mann
9/13 OPEN
9/20 Clinton
9/27 @Seneca
10/4 @Berea
10/11 Pickens
10/18 @Travelers Rest
10/25 Blue Ridge
11/1 Greer

I don’t know what the actual deal is with Anderson county but I think it stems from what happened at westside in 2019.
After the shenanigans that Scott early pulled that night no one in Anderson county will pick up the phone. I just wonder if the message was sent out to black ball Daniel.
Daniel tried to get games with Hanna Bhp wren and all they got were crickets. Just odd considering that all three of those schools have been in conference play with Daniel for decades and all have a rich tradition of playing each other.

bringthewood
No Team Affiliation

Post by bringthewood »

Ddub14 wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:04 pm
HoodRoad wrote:
stretch wrote:

I don’t know what the actual deal is with Anderson county but I think it stems from what happened at westside in 2019.
After the shenanigans that Scott early pulled that night no one in Anderson county will pick up the phone. I just wonder if the message was sent out to black ball Daniel.
Yet the coaching association elected Early as their new director......

stupid as stupid does....

RamFan
Westside Rams

Post by RamFan »

I know for a fact Daniel would not schedule Westside. They tried hard but no go last I heard

Maybe they will change their minds, WHS is looking at an out of state game week 0 and another out of state team coming to Westside SC (as our PA Guy calls it ). the next week

Really was hoping for that one

7timechamps
Daniel Lions

Post by 7timechamps »

RamFan wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:17 am
I know for a fact Daniel would not schedule Westside. They tried hard but no go last I heard

Maybe they will change their minds, WHS is looking at an out of state game week 0 and another out of state team coming to Westside SC (as our PA Guy calls it ). the next week

Wouldn’t be surprised.. It’s common practice to try not to schedule non region games with teams you’d potentially see in the playoffs.. Doesn’t always happen but coaches usually look outside of their classifications first.. But I also wouldn’t blame DWD for not wanting Westside voluntarily after the crap Westside pulled in 2019

RamFan
Westside Rams

Post by RamFan »

7timechamps wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:52 am
RamFan wrote:

Wouldn’t be surprised.. It’s common practice to try not to schedule non region games with teams you’d potentially see in the playoffs.. Doesn’t always happen but coaches usually look outside of their classifications first.. But I also wouldn’t blame DWD for not wanting Westside voluntarily after the crap Westside pulled in 2019
I do understand the playoff thought process however that is lame, WHS and GHS had a rematch this year in playoffs

Just be nice so our team would not have travel out of state for a game

Curious as to what happened in 2019 ?

7timechamps
Daniel Lions

Post by 7timechamps »

RamFan wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 4:36 pm
7timechamps wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:52 am
RamFan wrote:

I do understand the playoff thought process however that is lame, WHS and GHS had a rematch this year in playoffs

Just be nice so our team would not have travel out of state for a game

Curious as to what happened in 2019 ?

Yeah, the rematch is awesome.. But the difference is WHS and GHS were in the same region, not scheduled. I know teams have different philosophies, but a lot of teams try to schedule outside of classification for non region. I know that’s something DWD has shown consistency with, even this year scheduling JL Mann and Clinton. I would bet $100 if Clinton was in our class we wouldn’t schedule them regular season. I personally would love to play westside this year, even if it were in playoffs

But 2019 we were at Westside, pouring rain.. Hit a few lightning delays, Westside was in the indoor the whole time warming up (to be expected) meanwhile they put us into the field house down at the field, our people said it was 100 degrees in there, packed in like sardines… And they kept saying they were about to start play (after WHS was warming up in the indoor) and Daniel was in borderline inhumane conditions, all to just have the whole thing canceled. Not sure that it was intentional, but sure seemed like Westside was trying to use an unfair advantage that night if we were to play the game. There was also just bad blood between Earley and Daniel, and of course the westside OL coach came from DWD under some pretty bad conditions so there was just some bad blood back then