Daniel Football Schedule

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
WShornets69
Ware Shoals Hornets

Re: Daniel Football Schedule

Post by WShornets69 »

Ddub14 wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:40 pm
WShornets69 wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:15 am
7timechamps wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:02 pm
See attached.. This is for DF Old and the rest who say Daniel schedules cakewalk!

IMG_0915.jpg
This is the Mann Schedule..... :lol:
Mann is the only team to step up and take a non region game with Daniel. The lions are looking for 3 more games but curiously no one wants to pick up the phone.
Even long time in county rivals. Anderson county won’t either. LOL . Guess they will have to go out of state again to get competition.
I think Daniel should play Clinton! Would be a great money game between two power houses with a history of playing each other. I remember when DeAndre Hopkins was at Daniel and I went to that upper state championship game in 09. What an absolute classic of a football game. Shoulder to shoulder in the stands and rows of people at the fences. If I remember correctly that was at the old Daniel stadium. If not Clinton then call Greenwood, Laurens, or Abbeville you know they would say yes.

7timechamps
Daniel Lions

Post by 7timechamps »

WShornets69 wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:57 pm
Ddub14 wrote:
WShornets69 wrote:
7timechamps wrote:
See attached.. This is for DF Old and the rest who say Daniel schedules cakewalk!

IMG_0915.jpg
Mann is the only team to step up and take a non region game with Daniel. The lions are looking for 3 more games but curiously no one wants to pick up the phone.
Even long time in county rivals. Anderson county won’t either. LOL . Guess they will have to go out of state again to get competition.
I think Daniel should play Clinton! Would be a great money game between two power houses with a history of playing each other. I remember when DeAndre Hopkins was at Daniel and I went to that upper state championship game in 09. What an absolute classic of a football game. Shoulder to shoulder in the stands and rows of people at the fences. If I remember correctly that was at the old Daniel stadium. If not Clinton then call Greenwood, Laurens, or Abbeville you know they would say yes.

Pretty sure this picture is from that game.. I was there too.. Old stadium for sure
Daniel Old Field.JPG
Daniel Old Field.JPG (39.72 KiB) Viewed 493 times
8 Time Champs Now! Go Lions!

7timechamps
Daniel Lions

Post by 7timechamps »

Ddub14 wrote:
WShornets69 wrote:
7timechamps wrote:

IMG_0915.jpg

Guess we were right about the in county foes not wanting a piece...
Image-1.jpg
Image-1.jpg (78.46 KiB) Viewed 477 times

HoodRoad
Powdersville Patriots

Post by HoodRoad »

Image-1.jpg
[/quote]

They won't play Pville either idk why. DWD should reach out to Jefferson. They came up to play at Wren last year. It's just past commerce so it's not too bad of a drive. Has DWD tried scheduling Hanna, Westside or Hillcrest? Those would be some pretty good Home & Home series.

stretch
Daniel Lions

Post by stretch »

It’s disappointing that Easley wouldn’t want to schedule us with it being a county rivalry but I’m more disappointed BHP once again refused to have us. Having Clinton and Mann will be good in state competition on the schedule but the remaining games still having to be made up are likely mid or lower state schools or out of state. The upstate as a whole either filled the schedule up quick or wouldn’t pick up the phone.
Go Daniel Lions!!

*Topcat*
Abbeville Panthers

Post by *Topcat* »

Ddub14 wrote:
WShornets69 wrote:
7timechamps wrote:

IMG_0915.jpg
We'll take a game with Daniel as soon as we get word that one of these powder puffs has cancelled with us. 🙏

Peacekeeper
No Team Affiliation

Post by Peacekeeper »

X
X
When I saw this tweet I was expecting a Daniel vs Northwestern game

7timechamps
Daniel Lions

Post by 7timechamps »

Peacekeeper wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 7:58 pm
Screenshot_20240201-195412_Chrome.jpg

When I saw this tweet I was expecting a Daniel vs Northwestern game
Wofford was OC at Daniel before going to NW

7timechamps
Daniel Lions

Post by 7timechamps »

HoodRoad wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:42 pm
Image-1.jpg
They won't play Pville either idk why. DWD should reach out to Jefferson. They came up to play at Wren last year. It's just past commerce so it's not too bad of a drive. Has DWD tried scheduling Hanna, Westside or Hillcrest? Those would be some pretty good Home & Home series.
[/quote]

I heard we tried with Hanna but not sure if it worked out. Our middle school has played Jefferson last few years

WShornets69
Ware Shoals Hornets

Post by WShornets69 »

7timechamps wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:09 pm
WShornets69 wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:57 pm
Ddub14 wrote:
WShornets69 wrote:
7timechamps wrote:

IMG_0915.jpg

Pretty sure this picture is from that game.. I was there too.. Old stadium for sure Daniel Old Field.JPG
I remember Clinton had a massive running back in that wishbone. You don't see that much anymore. I know that game stung for Daniel fans though. That team was monstrous and to get upset by a 4 seeded Clinton team was probably rough. At least that Clinton team went on to win state. I might even travel up to Clemson that week and watch that game this coming year.