Daniel Football Schedule

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Re: Daniel Football Schedule

Post by Ddub14 »

7timechamps wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:01 pm
RamFan wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 4:36 pm
7timechamps wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:52 am
RamFan wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:17 am
I know for a fact Daniel would not schedule Westside. They tried hard but no go last I heard

Maybe they will change their minds, WHS is looking at an out of state game week 0 and another out of state team coming to Westside SC (as our PA Guy calls it ). the next week

Really was hoping for that one
Wouldn’t be surprised.. It’s common practice to try not to schedule non region games with teams you’d potentially see in the playoffs.. Doesn’t always happen but coaches usually look outside of their classifications first.. But I also wouldn’t blame DWD for not wanting Westside voluntarily after the crap Westside pulled in 2019
I do understand the playoff thought process however that is lame, WHS and GHS had a rematch this year in playoffs

Just be nice so our team would not have travel out of state for a game

Curious as to what happened in 2019 ?

Yeah, the rematch is awesome.. But the difference is WHS and GHS were in the same region, not scheduled. I know teams have different philosophies, but a lot of teams try to schedule outside of classification for non region. I know that’s something DWD has shown consistency with, even this year scheduling JL Mann and Clinton. I would bet $100 if Clinton was in our class we wouldn’t schedule them regular season. I personally would love to play westside this year, even if it were in playoffs

But 2019 we were at Westside, pouring rain.. Hit a few lightning delays, Westside was in the indoor the whole time warming up (to be expected) meanwhile they put us into the field house down at the field, our people said it was 100 degrees in there, packed in like sardines… And they kept saying they were about to start play (after WHS was warming up in the indoor) and Daniel was in borderline inhumane conditions, all to just have the whole thing canceled. Not sure that it was intentional, but sure seemed like Westside was trying to use an unfair advantage that night if we were to play the game. There was also just bad blood between Earley and Daniel, and of course the westside OL coach came from DWD under some pretty bad conditions so there was just some bad blood back then
I was there and watched the whole thing go down and it was much more than that. First of all Daniel had put a beating on westside the year before and were about to deliver an even worse one in their home field.
There was a 30 minute lightning delay. They wouldn’t even let people into the stands. Then the rain let up and they let people in. Daniel was actually warming up on the forked for about 5 minutes when a little shower came through , no lightning. The announcer gets in the mic and says the game is canceled and won’t be made up.
The westside team never hit the field
The rain stopped by the time I got out to the ticket gate
I actually talked to some westside fans while waiting to get my money reimbursement. They told us they couldn’t give us our money back and that we would have to go through the district office to get our money back.
There were 100s of Daniel fans in the same predicament.

As far as playing westside this year y’all will get your chance in the playoffs. I don’t know 1 Daniel fan that wasn’t lobbying to be in that region with them and wren.
You can go back and look at previous threads on here regarding reclassification and regions.

Be careful what you ask for you just might get it!

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Post by mikey »

Daniel ducks… :lol: :lol:

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

mikey wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:22 pm
Yep you got us we duck everyone
We ducked westside to try and get a game with Bhp
Wait what’s that ?westside only had one loss last year
Who beat them? Oh yea the team they were trying to schedule. You might want to thank the westside coach for recruiting all the Byrnes players away. Maybe this year y’all will beat them. I’ll let you know how it turns out when they play westside in the playoffs., if they get that far.You as a Gaffney fan should know better about Daniel. Now please go prepare for Crest high school . Maybe y’all can beat them this year since they lost their entire offense. Daniel didn’t seem to have a hard time with their offense the week before.

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by DFOLDMAN »

Ddub14 wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:31 pm
mikey wrote:
Who beat them? Oh yea the team they were trying to schedule. You might want to thank the westside coach for recruiting all the Byrnes players away. Maybe this year y’all will beat them. I’ll let you know how it turns out when they play westside in the playoffs., if they get that far.You as a Gaffney fan should know better about Daniel. Now please go prepare for Crest high school . Maybe y’all can beat them this year since they lost their entire offense. Daniel didn’t seem to have a hard time with their offense the week before.
Pickens, TR, Blue Ridge, Berea....Dub...
Seneca and Greer too...sad. Where is D. Wistar's schedule? I can't find it or DF's yet. I saw 8 games I think for DWD so far. DF had to go with 8 regular season games in 2018. Make do with what you have sometimes.

Fear The Fox...

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by DFOLDMAN »

7timechamps wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:37 pm
Ddub14 wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:40 pm
WShornets69 wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:15 am
7timechamps wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:02 pm
See attached.. This is for DF Old and the rest who say Daniel schedules cakewalk!

IMG_0915.jpg
This is the Mann Schedule..... :lol:
Mann is the only team to step up and take a non region game with Daniel. The lions are looking for 3 more games but curiously no one wants to pick up the phone.
Even long time in county rivals. Anderson county won’t either. LOL . Guess they will have to go out of state again to get competition.

Guess we were right about the in county foes not wanting a piece...
Image-1.jpg
4 wins, maybe....for the Greasley "Easely" Wave...horrible.

Fear The Fox...

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

DFOLDMAN wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:07 am
Ddub14 wrote:
mikey wrote:
Seneca and Greer too...sad. Where is D. Wistar's schedule? I can't find it or DF's yet. I saw 8 games I think for DWD so far. DF had to go with 8 regular season games in 2018. Make do with what you have sometimes.

Fear The Fox...
All those teams you mentioned are region games. Nothing we can do on that. Thanks schsl ugghhhh! At least they have Greer at the end of the season. Greer seems to improve as the season gets deeper. Don’t know why that is.
As far as non region
@ Mann
Clinton @ home
Looking for two more most likely from lower state or out of state. Everyone in the upstate is booked apparently.
8 games would be a disappointment and obviously a hit economy wise. A good home game at Daniel is 40-50 k possibility depending on who they are playing.
And next year their region home games are
Pickens - maybe some crowd
Blue ridge- crickets
Greer- decent crowd depending on how well their playing but considering that’s probably the region championship game it should be good
Daniel has been fortunate to have deep playoff runs the last 6 years with multiple home games.
But the off balance regions has set up some complications getting the full slate of games.

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by DFOLDMAN »

Ddub14 wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:43 pm
DFOLDMAN wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:07 am
Ddub14 wrote:
mikey wrote:

Fear The Fox...
All those teams you mentioned are region games. Nothing we can do on that. Thanks schsl ugghhhh! At least they have Greer at the end of the season. Greer seems to improve as the season gets deeper. Don’t know why that is.
As far as non region
@ Mann
Clinton @ home
Looking for two more most likely from lower state or out of state. Everyone in the upstate is booked apparently.
8 games would be a disappointment and obviously a hit economy wise. A good home game at Daniel is 40-50 k possibility depending on who they are playing.
And next year their region home games are
Pickens - maybe some crowd
Blue ridge- crickets
Greer- decent crowd depending on how well their playing but considering that’s probably the region championship game it should be good
Daniel has been fortunate to have deep playoff runs the last 6 years with multiple home games.
But the off balance regions has set up some complications getting the full slate of games.
Honestly, for DF the region got even better with the addition of Irmo....DF, Irmo, White Knoll, Lexington, River Bluff and Chapin all will bring out decent crowds... and finally getting Irmo back on the schedule...good game and a huge crowd...social event! Fun, Fun...

DWD is close to GA and NC...some of those N. GA teams or Asheville area too...Mann is building a good program. Clinton may drop off a little, but not much from last year...they were a flaky team last year. Look great one game and get beat by a scrub like South Aiken. Can't figure them out.

Fear The Fox...

stretch
Daniel Lions

Post by stretch »

Added Chapman to the schedule week 0 at home. Hopefully we can get that last game nailed down soon.
Go Daniel Lions!!

7timechamps
Daniel Lions

Post by 7timechamps »

stretch wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:13 pm
Added Chapman to the schedule week 0 at home. Hopefully we can get that last game nailed down soon.
Chapman Clinton and Mann some fun non region games. If it’s two year contracts in 25 we are traveling to Clinton, Chapman, Greer, Blue Ridge lol
8 Time Champs Now! Go Lions!

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by DFOLDMAN »

7timechamps wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:21 pm
stretch wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:13 pm
Chapman Clinton and Mann some fun non region games. If it’s two year contracts in 25 we are traveling to Clinton, Chapman, Greer, Blue Ridge lol
Who is going to be in the offensive backfield for DWD this season? I think maybe the QB and the starting RB(s) were seniors...not sure about the QB- Chapman may have been a JR. DWD may have to go with 9 games. This realignment has created a monster for scheduling apparently.

Offing, Anderson and Smith will likely be the starters in the offensive backfield for DF...if some how they stay healthy this season... DF deserves an injury-free season after the last two...but part of the game. Still waiting on DF schedule. I am fairly certain there will be some of those Charlotte teams on the schedule, just not sure which ones.

Fear The Fox...