Abbeville 2024 Schedule

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
Atown97
Abbeville Panthers

Abbeville 2024 Schedule

Post by Atown97 »

2024 schedule
2024 schedule
IMG_3586.jpg (66.87 KiB) Viewed 1257 times

*Topcat*
Abbeville Panthers

Re: Abbeville 2024 Schedule

Post by *Topcat* »

Atown97 wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:28 pm
IMG_3586.jpg
It's a sad thing to look at. Regular season over after first 4 games. Who argued for this? And why? I think I already know, I'm just really ticked about it. Really really ticked. Don't think this move will turn out well. As someone who once didn't miss a game for almost 20 years, not one game, it makes me not even want to go to the trouble for most of games this year. Seems pointless. That tells me this is not good, because I'm staunch about Panther football. It would take something drastic to change my motivation, this is drastic. Not just regular season but playoffs as well. Can't imagine most are happy about this.

RamFan
Westside Rams

Post by RamFan »

Dang I am gonna miss Abbeville and Westside game. Enjoyed that one but I completely understand

Really enjoyed going to A Town this year to play them, great environment and a special place

*Topcat*
Abbeville Panthers

Post by *Topcat* »

RamFan wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:21 am
Dang I am gonna miss Abbeville and Westside game. Enjoyed that one but I completely understand

Really enjoyed going to A Town this year to play them, great environment and a special place
Yep. Apparently we're all about the other sports now.

Atown97
Abbeville Panthers

Post by Atown97 »

*Topcat* wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:56 pm
Atown97 wrote:
IMG_3586.jpg
It's a sad thing to look at. Regular season over after first 4 games. Who argued for this? And why? I think I already know, I'm just really ticked about it. Really really ticked. Don't think this move will turn out well. As someone who once didn't miss a game for almost 20 years, not one game, it makes me not even want to go to the trouble for most of games this year. Seems pointless. That tells me this is not good, because I'm staunch about Panther football. It would take something drastic to change my motivation, this is drastic. Not just regular season but playoffs as well. Can't imagine most are happy about this.
I feel ya pain but the last 2yrs the season was over after the non region games 🤣Abbeville hasn't lost region game since 2015 to Strom Thurmond on a Thursday because a Hurricane was coming. Still won the state against Silver Bluff. It's gonna be painful for kids to get Great film on in Region Games.

*Topcat*
Abbeville Panthers

Post by *Topcat* »

Atown97 wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:02 pm
*Topcat* wrote:
Atown97 wrote:
IMG_3586.jpg
I feel ya pain but the last 2yrs the season was over after the non region games 🤣Abbeville hasn't lost region game since 2015 to Strom Thurmond on a Thursday because a Hurricane was coming. Still won the state against Silver Bluff. It's gonna be painful for kids to get Great film on in Region Games.

Agreed the region last couple of years has been very weak, but those teams look pretty good compared to what we have now. It has gone from little competition to what I expect to be unwatchable. And it's 6 region games instead of 5, 6 unwatchable games, of what will be about the most non competitive football you will ever see. Plus I'm pretty sure we would have been in region with Clinton this year, that would have been a slobber -knocker, and, at least 96 has a history of some good football. It's not just region though, the playoffs, for at least the first several rounds, maybe more, will also be a big nothing burger. Christ Church rolled through it. People also need to understand this playoff scenario as well, it's not just the region that's going to be bad football teams. With Clinton and Chester coming down, along with ST already there with Saluda, Silver Bluff, etc, there were some potentially great football games coming. Football season has been downgraded, at what cost, and for what reason, what substantial reason. There won't be anyone buying concessions when most have left by halftime. Abbeville vs Thornwell, Whitmire, CF, etc??? Good grief! It just has a bad look and feel to it.

Atown97
Abbeville Panthers

Post by Atown97 »

*Topcat* wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:09 am
Atown97 wrote:
*Topcat* wrote:
Atown97 wrote:
IMG_3586.jpg

Agreed the region last couple of years has been very weak, but those teams look pretty good compared to what we have now. It has gone from little competition to what I expect to be unwatchable. And it's 6 region games instead of 5, 6 unwatchable games, of what will be about the most non competitive football you will ever see. Plus I'm pretty sure we would have been in region with Clinton this year, that would have been a slobber -knocker, and, at least 96 has a history of some good football. It's not just region though, the playoffs, for at least the first several rounds, maybe more, will also be a big nothing burger. Christ Church rolled through it. People also need to understand this playoff scenario as well, it's not just the region that's going to be bad football teams. With Clinton and Chester coming down, along with ST already there with Saluda, Silver Bluff, etc, there were some potentially great football games coming. Football season has been downgraded, at what cost, and for what reason, what substantial reason. There won't be anyone buying concessions when most have left by halftime. Abbeville vs Thornwell, Whitmire, CF, etc??? Good grief! It just has a bad look and feel to it.
I agree on the most of it besides Region competition it's been over at halftime for 2yrs. Region hasn't generate any money in awhile. 96 game last year for senior Night and homecoming was by far the most in 2yrs. I'm only worried about JV Football because they gotta find some teams to play because they gonna need reps. Last year the bottom of the Region basically forfeit JV games. Had to move majority of the players up the last 3 games. Sad thing Top Cat we won't have enough kids to get back to 2AA. Upcoming 12th graders are the biggest class in the next 5 classes. We gonna be locked in unless they make a 2 tier 2A class

*Topcat*
Abbeville Panthers

Post by *Topcat* »

Atown97 wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:03 pm
*Topcat* wrote:
Atown97 wrote:
*Topcat* wrote:
Atown97 wrote:
IMG_3586.jpg

I agree on the most of it besides Region competition it's been over at halftime for 2yrs. Region hasn't generate any money in awhile. 96 game last year for senior Night and homecoming was by far the most in 2yrs. I'm only worried about JV Football because they gotta find some teams to play because they gonna need reps. Last year the bottom of the Region basically forfeit JV games. Had to move majority of the players up the last 3 games. Sad thing Top Cat we won't have enough kids to get back to 2AA. Upcoming 12th graders are the biggest class in the next 5 classes. We gonna be locked in unless they make a 2 tier 2A class
I've wondered about JV as well. Doubtful any of those region schools even have JV, maybe Dixie. The likelihood that we would get placed in 1A next realignment is pretty high unless something changes. But for the next two years the league kept us in 2A. We should have just let it be. If you get placed there it's one thing, to plead to drop down, that's different, it's a bad look. Especially when we have one of the best teams in AA coming back this year, or would have. And knowing that we still begged to drop. Should have left it alone. It's going to be ugly. It's a real shame, IMO.

*Topcat*
Abbeville Panthers

Post by *Topcat* »

Could be one of the worst Abbeville football schedules ever. Absolutely the worst I have ever seen. Thanks a lot!!! NOT!!! People making bad decisions.....Maybe they should have asked for some outside opinions. Was a big decision for a chosen few. Sometimes its better to leave well enough alone.

WShornets69
Ware Shoals Hornets

Post by WShornets69 »

Atown97 wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:03 pm
*Topcat* wrote:
Atown97 wrote:
*Topcat* wrote:
Atown97 wrote:
IMG_3586.jpg

I hope we can bring a crowd. I know that 1A football doesn't bring the crowds but if we can get the ball rolling the town will seriously get behind the hornets. I know this isn't until 25-26 when we play in A-town but still. We all struggle with ticket sales but taking the drop is not going to be fun. The non-region might have to be stacked with teams that will travel. Teams like Union, Clinton, Greenwood, Westside, Daniel, etc. need to be called and sign up. I think that is one way to save the incoming seasons. This is the world of 1A sports and with more and more school combining it seems travel will get farther and money will disappear from the athletics department....