2024 Spartanburg Vikings Schedule

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
Greerfan1
Greer Yellow Jackets

Re: 2024 Spartanburg Vikings Schedule

Post by Greerfan1 »

Noble Savage wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:22 am
Yes TJ may have been the better QB but he just could not see over the lineman and down field well. I liked Trey also, he did his best and his worst( JL Mann int inside the 5).

If TJ is moving to RB I would suspect he will have a lot of competitive peers. I don't see him in the slot, he's too good on his feet...which leads me to my biggest fear...
⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

A two QB system. It very,very,very rarely works especially over the course of a season.

-----------------------------
I won't miss Ramsey.
He deserves a job somewhere.
Good for him. Good for Mountain View Prep or whatever.

Yes everyone knows DF is good.

Keke plays for Douglas County in Ga. He didn't start and still avg almost 12 yards a carry BUT he doesn't play for Spartanburg or Byrnes and there's a reason why.

Having said all this.. I think I pretty much covered everything I read on this thread, lol.

I trust Hodge. I believe in Hodge.

Let's Recap the last two decades.
Freddie Brown set Spartanburg football back a decade. Miller won Quick and tried his best.

And I'm pretty damn sure Hodge is in this for the long haul but he has rules. Some kids just won't make it. They do not possess the social skills & maturity to be held accountable for knowing right from wrong and still choosing wrong.

Accountability. That's a wall that inner city kids, todays generation both black & white don't like. He tries to tear down those walls with relationships and beliefs. Iron Sharpens Iron but... Rust Never Sleeps.

I'll take Hodge winning and losing as every team does while turning out kids that hopefully at the very least change some young men to young adults.

Deebo Samuel does not play in the Super Bowl, NFL, or South Carolina without Hodge.

This Beacon Spicy Livermush with Egg, Cheese and light mayo on a bun that I'm eating right now (watching the rain outside this restaurant) wasn't built in a day and neither will Spartanburgs Football Consistency.

Everyone is worried about this year, this kid,this coach, this game, this season,etc..

I wanna be able to look back and say that year, that kid,that coach,that game, that season...with pride and appreciation for a job well done over a number of years.

I love this city. I love this school. It changed my life when I was 8 at Snyder Field.
It Changed my life at 44 when I lost everything including the girl who had been by my side since I was 10 yrs old.

Those players held me and cried with me.
..and every one of those players held her. That's where my heart lies everyday.
.....Not just on Fridays.

Now I'm over half a century old.
The PTSD has gotten a lil more manageable.
My love for her, this team , this school has only grown.

#ALWAYSAVIKING

I'm sorry for the ranting/short story/ramble
My apologies, I'm slightly manic. I haven't been on here in a while. Meds haven't completely kicked in yet.

I miss a lot of things in life.
But I still buy two tickets to every game in every stadium home or away to make sure Spartanburg always has an extra fan.

I'll never miss that moment.

Peace,..
Be safe, ignore me & Burn The Ships

Did you see Justin Rice recently picked up his first two offers, I was surprised to see they were his first two, especially considering how well he played last season.