Marlboro County posts opening for head coach

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
SCPrepTalk
Site Admin

Post by SCPrepTalk »

SCPrepTalk
Site Admin

Re: Marlboro County posts opening for head coach

Post by SCPrepTalk »

ClemsonTigersFan
Timmonsville Whirlwinds

Post by ClemsonTigersFan »

This next coach will be their 3rd since Dean Boyd left after the 2018 season.

Candidates??

Greerfan1
Greer Yellow Jackets

Post by Greerfan1 »

I wonder if Richard Bailey (Scotland High NC Head Coach) will apply, he should of got the job last time.

olguy73
No Team Affiliation

Post by olguy73 »

Greerfan1 wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:14 pm
I wonder if Richard Bailey (Scotland High NC Head Coach) will apply, he should of got the job last time.
Maybe, heard it was his until it went to the board and they did not confirm the hire. Might be cause for sour grapes and an unwillingness to go through that process again.

Pure speculation, but I would keep an eye on Clinton (NC) HC Cory Johnson, from Fayetteville and coached under Richard Bailey at Scotland so he is familiar with the area. He is a young, up and coming coach in NC.

Greerfan1
Greer Yellow Jackets

Post by Greerfan1 »

olguy73 wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:48 pm
Greerfan1 wrote:
Maybe, heard it was his until it went to the board and they did not confirm the hire. Might be cause for sour grapes and an unwillingness to go through that process again.

Pure speculation, but I would keep an eye on Clinton (NC) HC Cory Johnson, from Fayetteville and coached under Richard Bailey at Scotland so he is familiar with the area. He is a young, up and coming coach in NC.
He's a heck of a Coach as well. He would be my first call if I was Marlboro County.

Tigerific
Conway Tigers

Post by Tigerific »

Bailey was a finalist for Conway last year. Would have taken the job but the AD went with Josh Pierce instead.

ClemsonTigersFan
Timmonsville Whirlwinds

Post by ClemsonTigersFan »

Greerfan1 wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:53 pm
olguy73 wrote:
Greerfan1 wrote:

He's a heck of a Coach as well. He would be my first call if I was Marlboro County.
He led Clinton (NC) to State this past year, he was the D-Coordinator at neighboring Scotland County (MCHS desperately needs to fix their defense, it was awful in 2023), and he's young.
Sounds like all the ingredients for what could be a home run hire for MCHS.

Greerfan1
Greer Yellow Jackets

Post by Greerfan1 »

ClemsonTigersFan wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:00 am
Greerfan1 wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:53 pm
olguy73 wrote:
Greerfan1 wrote:

He led Clinton (NC) to State this past year, he was the D-Coordinator at neighboring Scotland County (MCHS desperately needs to fix their defense, it was awful in 2023), and he's young.
Sounds like all the ingredients for what could be a home run hire for MCHS.
The kids also love him, he's a master motivator and will get the best out of a program.