2024 Dutch Fork Schedule

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
dacoach
No Team Affiliation

Re: 2024 Dutch Fork Schedule

Post by dacoach »

Greerfan1 wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:11 am
DFOLDMAN wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:44 am
Greerfan1 wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:22 am
8-23- BYE
8-30 - AT Spartanburg
9-6- AT Ridgeview
9-13- Gray Collegiate
9-20- Oceanside Collegiate
9-27- BYE
10-4 - AT Chapin
10-11- White Knoll
10-18- AT Lexington
10-25 AT River Bluff
11-1- Irmo

Thoughts?
Was hoping to see one of the Charlotte Teams on there, but not bad- good to get Irmo and Ridge View back on the slate. In 2018 DF only had 8 regular season games. All solid teams but DF has had tougher schedules in the past it seems. This DF team should be once again, very solid. Just have to wait and see.
What do you think?

Fear The Fox...
I'm most excited for the Spartanburg game, I expect it will be a full house! but the Irmo game will be the best game of the season for Dutch Fork, a game that should happen every year.
Full house? DF hasn't had a "packed house" in 6 years or more. Can't figure it out. Guess the folks are so used to winning they don't waste their time to come see. Heck, they don't bring much of a crowd to the State Championship games anymore!

And Irmo? Have you BEEN to an Irmo game in the last decade or more. "Packed" is no where in that conversation regardless of how good a product is on the field....

Sad.

Greerfan1
Greer Yellow Jackets

Post by Greerfan1 »

dacoach wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:45 pm
Greerfan1 wrote:
DFOLDMAN wrote:
Greerfan1 wrote:
8-23- BYE
8-30 - AT Spartanburg
9-6- AT Ridgeview
9-13- Gray Collegiate
9-27- BYE
10-4 - AT Chapin
10-11- White Knoll
10-18- AT Lexington
10-25 AT River Bluff
11-1- Irmo

Thoughts?
Was hoping to see one of the Charlotte Teams on there, but not bad- good to get Irmo and Ridge View back on the slate. In 2018 DF only had 8 regular season games. All solid teams but DF has had tougher schedules in the past it seems. This DF team should be once again, very solid. Just have to wait and see.
What do you think?

Fear The Fox...
I'm most excited for the Spartanburg game, I expect it will be a full house! but the Irmo game will be the best game of the season for Dutch Fork, a game that should happen every year.
Full house? DF hasn't had a "packed house" in 6 years or more. Can't figure it out. Guess the folks are so used to winning they don't waste their time to come see. Heck, they don't bring much of a crowd to the State Championship games anymore!

And Irmo? Have you BEEN to an Irmo game in the last decade or more. "Packed" is no where in that conversation regardless of how good a product is on the field....

Sad.
I expect in will be packed in Spartanburg for the Dutch Fork game, early season games always have great crowds.

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

dacoach wrote:
Greerfan1 wrote:
DFOLDMAN wrote:
Greerfan1 wrote:
8-23- BYE
8-30 - AT Spartanburg
9-6- AT Ridgeview
9-13- Gray Collegiate
9-27- BYE
10-4 - AT Chapin
10-11- White Knoll
10-18- AT Lexington
10-25 AT River Bluff
11-1- Irmo

Thoughts?
What do you think?

Fear The Fox...

Sad.
I think this is true across the board. It’s been this way for awhile. I think they would be better served going back to 8 o’clock games and lowering the ticket prices. Would you rather have a 1000 people at $8 a head or 2000 at $5 a head. It’s also hard for a lot of people to get off work at 5:30/6 at make it to a game that’s an hour away .

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by DFOLDMAN »

Ddub14 wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:50 pm
dacoach wrote:
Greerfan1 wrote:
DFOLDMAN wrote:
Greerfan1 wrote:
8-23- BYE
8-30 - AT Spartanburg
9-6- AT Ridgeview
9-13- Gray Collegiate
9-27- BYE
10-4 - AT Chapin
10-11- White Knoll
10-18- AT Lexington
10-25 AT River Bluff
11-1- Irmo

Thoughts?
What do you think?

Fear The Fox...

Sad.
I think this is true across the board. It’s been this way for awhile. I think they would be better served going back to 8 o’clock games and lowering the ticket prices. Would you rather have a 1000 people at $8 a head or 2000 at $5 a head. It’s also hard for a lot of people to get off work at 5:30/6 at make it to a game that’s an hour away .
True....although, for me...I'm old and the house is about a mile from DF stadium so a 4:30pm start time works for me, so grandpa can be asleep by 7:30....lol.

Fear The Fox..

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

Ddub14 wrote:
dacoach wrote:

Sad.
I agree, today's folks seem to be just like the kids and want nothing to do with outdoor activities of any kind. Taking part or even watching. We see it at every game, home and away. Even Gaffney crowds seem to be smaller than usual (yet still very loud and enthusiastic).

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--

Greerfan1
Greer Yellow Jackets

Post by Greerfan1 »

Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:51 am
Ddub14 wrote:
dacoach wrote:

Sad.
I agree, today's folks seem to be just like the kids and want nothing to do with outdoor activities of any kind. Taking part or even watching. We see it at every game, home and away. Even Gaffney crowds seem to be smaller than usual (yet still very loud and enthusiastic).
The Gaffney vs Byrnes game last season was one of the smallest crowds I have ever seen for that game.

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by DFOLDMAN »

Greerfan1 wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:07 pm
Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:51 am
Ddub14 wrote:
dacoach wrote:

Sad.
The Gaffney vs Byrnes game last season was one of the smallest crowds I have ever seen for that game.
The big crowd was there at the Gaffney vs Byrnes game, but they just stayed in the parking lot...in a large friendship circle....taking turns reaffirming one another...singing Michael Row The Boat Ashore....Kumbaya....and Puff the Magic Dragon...and making each other friendship bracelets...and sharing their innermost thoughts about the love they have for one another's respective football programs...you know....Injun/Rebel fan stuff.

Fear The Fox...

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Post by mikey »

Looks like DF and Daniel both have week 0 open..why don’t you give each other a call…maybe that bromance y’all have for each other here on the board will grow.. :o :lol:

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by DFOLDMAN »

mikey wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:14 am
Looks like DF and Daniel both have week 0 open..why don’t you give each other a call…maybe that bromance y’all have for each other here on the board will grow.. :o :lol:
HA! Waiting on Fruster the Rooster! I suspect DF is trying to finalize their ongoing Charlotte area game from the past few years but this season, I think DF is just going to be like the Nature Boy...."you might not be the first, but you can dang sure be ...next"
Cooking with gas...
The Six Mile contingent wouldn't speak to me for a year after that game...haha.

Fear The Fox...

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

DFOLDMAN wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:08 pm
mikey wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:14 am
HA! Waiting on Fruster the Rooster! I suspect DF is trying to finalize their ongoing Charlotte area game from the past few years but this season, I think DF is just going to be like the Nature Boy...."you might not be the first, but you can dang sure be ...next"
Cooking with gas...
The Six Mile contingent wouldn't speak to me for a year after that game...haha.

Fear The Fox...
Wow Dutch Fork and Gaffney . Two of the big boys coming for little ole Daniel. Guess they got the whole state nervous.
The boys is Columbia blue and Gold will keep winning and y’all just keep on hating. LOL
You know your on top when everyone else is talking about ya.