2024 Football Schedules

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

2024 Football Schedules

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

With all the 5A schedules out, there seems to be a consensus that 5A will play 10 games. Since they are splitting 5A into two brackets; that makes me wonder about the brackets.

Will there be 16 in each bracket? If so, will they play the week before 4A, 3A, 2A and 1A? Or maybe they will have more teams in the brackets with some teams getting a BYE week kind of like the NCAA will be doing starting this season.

Maybe the 8 conference champions will get the BYE week no matter how they break out the Division One and Division Two, or maybe they haven't even thought about that yet?!?!?!?

I have enough information to have all the Region One 5A schedules for the Region Games, I just don't know who is the home team for a few games since a couple of schools haven't published their schedules yet. Region two is about half way done, the rest are still to be determined.

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--

Greerfan1
Greer Yellow Jackets

Re: 2024 Football Schedules

Post by Greerfan1 »

Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:10 pm
With all the 5A schedules out, there seems to be a consensus that 5A will play 10 games. Since they are splitting 5A into two brackets; that makes me wonder about the brackets.

Will there be 16 in each bracket? If so, will they play the week before 4A, 3A, 2A and 1A? Or maybe they will have more teams in the brackets with some teams getting a BYE week kind of like the NCAA will be doing starting this season.

Maybe the 8 conference champions will get the BYE week no matter how they break out the Division One and Division Two, or maybe they haven't even thought about that yet?!?!?!?

I have enough information to have all the Region One 5A schedules for the Region Games, I just don't know who is the home team for a few games since a couple of schools haven't published their schedules yet. Region two is about half way done, the rest are still to be determined.
Who's Byrnes got out of region this year?

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

All I know is the Region Schedule and AT GREER

--

--

clemson97
No Team Affiliation

Post by clemson97 »

The latest rumor on 5A is that 48 schools will qualify for the playoffs through region play. The largest 24 will be division 1, the smaller 24 will be divilsion 2. The top 8 seeds in each will receive a bye in the first round, meaning there will still be 5 rounds. My only issue with this is how the teams will be seeded. If a point system is to be used, the teams should have been informed before they made their schedules.

osceola1
Gaffney Indians

Post by osceola1 »

Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:14 am
I normally don't share this link, but I compile schedules for every team every year and keep track of scores, BYE weeks, and record. Here is the Google link to the schedules:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

I co-host the Saturday Morning Scramble on 97.7 The Fan Upstate and this is my document I use each week to tell scores.

Byrnes is at Hanna to start the season and will either have a Week 1 or Week 2 BYE (right now I'm guessing Week 2 but that's a total guess).
Founder of @Gaffney_History on Twitter.

Unofficial, official, Gaffney Football Historian

Greerfan1
Greer Yellow Jackets

Post by Greerfan1 »

osceola1 wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:34 am
Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:
I normally don't share this link, but I compile schedules for every team every year and keep track of scores, BYE weeks, and record. Here is the Google link to the schedules:

I co-host the Saturday Morning Scramble on 97.7 The Fan Upstate and this is my document I use each week to tell scores.

Byrnes is at Hanna to start the season and will either have a Week 1 or Week 2 BYE (right now I'm guessing Week 2 but that's a total guess).
Man this is awesome! Thanks so much for sharing

osceola1
Gaffney Indians

Post by osceola1 »

Greerfan1 wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:47 am
osceola1 wrote:
Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:

Man this is awesome! Thanks so much for sharing
For sure! Obviously always a work in progress. Never satisfied with it till the season is over! lol
Founder of @Gaffney_History on Twitter.

Unofficial, official, Gaffney Football Historian

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

osceola1 wrote:
Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:

Thanks. Once I have some things finished, I will share my sheet, lot of similarities in the two sheets... What would we do without Excel?

--

--

NHSTrojan
Northwestern Trojans

Post by NHSTrojan »

Northwestern

Week 2 South Florence
Week 3 @ Southpointe

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

NHSTrojan wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:16 am
Northwestern

Week 2 South Florence
Week 3 @ Southpointe
THANKS! So, this is what I have for the Trojans now....

5A Region 3 08/23 Northwestern
5A Region 3 08/30 Northwestern at Ridge View
5A Region 3 09/06 Northwestern vs South Florence
5A Region 3 09/13 Northwestern at South Pointe
5A Region 3 09/20 Northwestern vs Nation Ford
5A Region 3 09/27 Northwestern at Catawaba Ridge
5A Region 3 10/04 Northwestern vs Clover
5A Region 3 10/11 Northwestern at Fort Mill
5A Region 3 10/18 Northwestern vs Rock Hill
5A Region 3 10/25 Northwestern
5A Region 3 11/01 Northwestern at Indian Land

I'm guessing they are taking the BYE 10/25 and still looking for a game in Week Zero...

--

--