Any Word on Rock Hill Head Coaching Search?

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Re: Any Word on Rock Hill Head Coaching Search?

Post by DFOLDMAN »

I think Irmo is now "Football City USA", or at least Football City SC....Rock Hill needs to relinquish the title.

Fear The Fox...

AngryMax
No Team Affiliation

Post by AngryMax »

DFOLDMAN wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:44 am
I think Irmo is now "Football City USA", or at least Football City SC....Rock Hill needs to relinquish the title.

Fear The Fox...
Do not besmirch the legacy of the late great Barry Byers. Rock Hill is Football City, USA. End of story.

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by DFOLDMAN »

AngryMax wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:21 am
DFOLDMAN wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:44 am

Fear The Fox...
Do not besmirch the legacy of the late great Barry Byers. Rock Hill is Football City, USA. End of story.
...nope...not anymore....Ballentine/White Rock/Irmo megalopolis....

Fear The Fox...

NHSTrojan
Northwestern Trojans

Post by NHSTrojan »

DFOLD

In my opinion you routinely display a sound grasp of SC HS football. Football City USA is not a moniker given to Rock Hill based on its state championships won or its dominance at the high school level. The name is in reference to the high per capita number of young men from Rock Hill to play in the NFL. While Irmo is certainly competitive at a high level in the high school ranks I am not aware of an other worldly number of players from that area in the NFL as a ratio to population.

Dutch Fork, WK and possibly other schools in your community are to be respected for the teams they are putting on the field right now. Reserve crowning them the next football city anything until we see these young men in mass playing on Sunday. Different metric.

Fan4awhile
No Team Affiliation

Post by Fan4awhile »

NHSTrojan wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:05 pm
DFOLD

In my opinion you routinely display a sound grasp of SC HS football. Football City USA is not a moniker given to Rock Hill based on its state championships won or its dominance at the high school level. The name is in reference to the high per capita number of young men from Rock Hill to play in the NFL. While Irmo is certainly competitive at a high level in the high school ranks I am not aware of an other worldly number of players from that area in the NFL as a ratio to population.

Dutch Fork, WK and possibly other schools in your community are to be respected for the teams they are putting on the field right now. Reserve crowning them the next football city anything until we see these young men in mass playing on Sunday. Different metric.
No dog in the fight on Football City USA thing, but They should all play in the WRHI preseason every year. Could mix up match ups every year, but would start w/ NHSvsDF (just cause its been fun to watch) SPvsIrmo, RHvsWK........don't think it would settle your argument but I'd pay to watch

AngryMax
No Team Affiliation

Post by AngryMax »

I think it’s very close to being announced.

Chuckster1
No Team Affiliation

Post by Chuckster1 »

AngryMax......

"Do not besmirch the legacy of the late great Barry Byers. Rock Hill is Football City, USA. End of story."

AMEN AND AMEN!!! I had the honor of calling play by play with Barry Byers for 2 years on WRHI. It was a time when both The Rock Hill Herald and WRHI worked together and formed a partnership to cover high school football. Barry knew more about HS Football locally and in this state than anyone!!

As it relates to Rock Hill's search, this afternoon, the rumors started getting crazy. Every name mentioned in the previoous threads are legit. Only name I have not heard is the coach from North Carolina. I thought one LOCAL AREA coach was a sure thing......That changed late this afternoon/early evening from what I have been told. Candidly, I hope that is not true........I really respect that one coach......

NHSTrojan
Northwestern Trojans

Post by NHSTrojan »

Fan4awhile wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:48 pm
NHSTrojan wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:05 pm
DFOLD

No dog in the fight on Football City USA thing, but They should all play in the WRHI preseason every year. Could mix up match ups every year, but would start w/ NHSvsDF (just cause its been fun to watch) SPvsIrmo, RHvsWK........don't think it would settle your argument but I'd pay to watch

Now that is a good idea! I appreciate DF coming to town for that event for now the third year in a row. It’s good for both teams I believe and worth the ticket.

AngryMax
No Team Affiliation

Post by AngryMax »

Chuckster1 wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:26 pm
AngryMax......

"Do not besmirch the legacy of the late great Barry Byers. Rock Hill is Football City, USA. End of story."

AMEN AND AMEN!!! I had the honor of calling play by play with Barry Byers for 2 years on WRHI. It was a time when both The Rock Hill Herald and WRHI worked together and formed a partnership to cover high school football. Barry knew more about HS Football locally and in this state than anyone!!

As it relates to Rock Hill's search, this afternoon, the rumors started getting crazy. Every name mentioned in the previoous threads are legit. Only name I have not heard is the coach from North Carolina. I thought one LOCAL AREA coach was a sure thing......That changed late this afternoon/early evening from what I have been told. Candidly, I hope that is not true........I really respect that one coach......
Yeah I think most people thought a storm was gonna roll in from the south.

Chuckster1
No Team Affiliation

Post by Chuckster1 »

AngryMax

"Yeah I think most people thought a storm was gonna roll in from the south."

Yes sir!! That is a great way to put it. I totally agree!!! You nailed that one...........