So is spring 7on7 against other schools legal or not?

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
AngryMax
No Team Affiliation

So is spring 7on7 against other schools legal or not?

Post by AngryMax »

Saw on social media some upper state schools got together for some spring league 7on7 this past weekend. Is that even legal?

NHSTrojan
Northwestern Trojans

Re: So is spring 7on7 against other schools legal or not?

Post by NHSTrojan »

I’d like to hear an official take on this. OTA’S are happening now. Is 7v7 versus other schools considered acceptable OTA activity?

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Post by mikey »

If there are no sanctioned officials or coaches there..could it not be just kids getting together for a backyard pick up game….I guess if they were getting together at one of the players HS field it might get tricky,but other than that ,I don’t see what they could do..didn’t the same scenario happen at Dutch Fork a couple years ago when they were reported/accused of holding a illegal practice..?

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by DFOLDMAN »

mikey wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:40 am
If there are no sanctioned officials or coaches there..could it not be just kids getting together for a backyard pick up game….I guess if they were getting together at one of the players HS field it might get tricky,but other than that ,I don’t see what they could do..didn’t the same scenario happen at Dutch Fork a couple years ago when they were reported/accused of holding a illegal practice..?
Haters gonna hate...

Fear The Fox...

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

DFOLDMAN wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:42 am
mikey wrote:
Haters gonna hate...

Fear The Fox...
I know that feeling

The Answer
No Team Affiliation

Post by The Answer »

mikey wrote:
I believe there were officials there or at least ppl in striped shirts and at least one head coach was pictured, and one assistant from different schools. it was at Byrnes freshman academy field....

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

Link to the relevant pages of the AD Notebook in the other thread :arrow: https://www.scpreptalk.com/viewtopic.php?p=78300#p78300

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Post by mikey »

:x
SF Band dad wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:30 pm
Link to the relevant pages of the AD Notebook in the other thread :arrow: https://www.scpreptalk.com/viewtopic.php?p=78300#p78300
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

AngryMax
No Team Affiliation

Post by AngryMax »

According to my public school educated reading comprehension and recalll I saw this on pages from AD notebook linked:

Competiton is allowed between June 1 and July 28 is what I saw on second page there.

Also on weekends players can use school facilities if they’re hey are normally open to the public, but a coach cannot be present.

bringthewood
No Team Affiliation

Post by bringthewood »

Legal