Whistleblower Initiative

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
Deputy
No Team Affiliation

Re: Whistleblower Initiative

Post by Deputy »

As far as Laurens goes, the coaches at Hillcrest, Woodmont, Fountain Inn, and Clinton, better stay close to their players.

StallGridironGang24
No Team Affiliation

Post by StallGridironGang24 »

SF Band dad wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:13 pm
Below are the relevant pages out of the AD Notebook.

As I read it, all of March is Open Season for fall sports, and organized practices are allowed. During the May Open Season, football is allowed 10 days in full pads after 3 days in helmets only.

StallGridironGang24 posted earlier that the 7-on-7 was last Sunday, March 3rd. If that is correct it was in the March Open Season.
Defined Sports Seasons.jpg
Open Season - Closed Season Practice Schedule.jpg
Yes, it was last Sunday. So when did the SCHSL allow 7 on 7 amongst teams during open season, allow them to wear school issued uniforms, and allow their HS coaches to coach in them? Also, did this occur last March at any schools in SC? Lastly, if this is the case then why haven't schools scrimmaged or done 7 on 7's over the past 30+ years during "OPEN" season in May with other schools? I'm just asking questions to put together the puzzle that's all. If no rules have been broken and things are legit has some have said, then that tells me two things. 1. The high school league is either way behind in times with their rules or 2. the coaches in this state are way behind with rules and ideas. Either way something isn't right with this picture.
#RuleWithAStillFist

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

I just read this on:........ https://schsl.org/archives/9954

Open season for football FAQ

Below is a list of frequently asked questions as it pertains to the upcoming open season for football in March:

Q: Can we wear helmets? Yes

Q: Can we wear pads? No. Pads may not be worn by any player during the March open season. This includes but is not limited to: shoulder pads, thigh pads, hip pads, knee pads and tailbone protection.

Q: Can we use footballs? Yes

Q: Can sleds, hand shields and stand-up dummies be used? Yes

Q: Can we compete in 7 on 7 vs. another school or outside program? No, this is not allowed.

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--

icoachfb53
No Team Affiliation

Post by icoachfb53 »

Hillcrest need not worry, Padgett will buy them players.

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:50 am

Below is a list of frequently asked questions as it pertains to the upcoming open season for football in March:

Q: Can we compete in 7 on 7 vs. another school or outside program? No, this is not allowed.
Wow, they buried that in the FAQ? That's messed up. A coach or AD shouldn't have to search around in different places to find the rules.

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

StallGridironGang24 wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:18 pm
SF Band dad wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:13 pm
Below are the relevant pages out of the AD Notebook.

As I read it, all of March is Open Season for fall sports, and organized practices are allowed. During the May Open Season, football is allowed 10 days in full pads after 3 days in helmets only.

StallGridironGang24 posted earlier that the 7-on-7 was last Sunday, March 3rd. If that is correct it was in the March Open Season.
Defined Sports Seasons.jpg
Open Season - Closed Season Practice Schedule.jpg
Yes, it was last Sunday. So when did the SCHSL allow 7 on 7 amongst teams during open season, allow them to wear school issued uniforms, and allow their HS coaches to coach in them? Also, did this occur last March at any schools in SC? Lastly, if this is the case then why haven't schools scrimmaged or done 7 on 7's over the past 30+ years during "OPEN" season in May with other schools? I'm just asking questions to put together the puzzle that's all. If no rules have been broken and things are legit has some have said, then that tells me two things. 1. The high school league is either way behind in times with their rules or 2. the coaches in this state are way behind with rules and ideas. Either way something isn't right with this picture.
I didn't think it was allowed, but then I read those two pages of the AD Notebook and went the other way. ....and then Rebel-Fan posted that excerpt of the Open Season Football FAQ. Clearly, it is not allowed, but they should put that in the AD Notebook and not bury it in a website FAQ.

bringthewood
No Team Affiliation

Post by bringthewood »

much ado about nothing....

StallGridironGang24
No Team Affiliation

Post by StallGridironGang24 »

Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:

Q: Can we wear pads? No. Pads may not be worn by any player during the March open season. This includes but is not limited to: shoulder pads, thigh pads, hip pads, knee pads and tailbone protection.

Welp!!!! There it is......rules have been broken, now what will the SC high school league do about this? I wonder how many rules have been broken in recent years and teams were not punished???? Thanks for the information RebelFan74, I hope this doesn't hurt your beloved Rebels. As for Spartanburg, that head coach is a rules guy and should know better. Laurens head coach I hear is a rule breaker so that comes as no surprise.
#RuleWithAStillFist

bringthewood
No Team Affiliation

Post by bringthewood »

StallGridironGang24 wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:53 pm
Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:

Welp!!!! There it is......rules have been broken, now what will the SC high school league do about this? I wonder how many rules have been broken in recent years and teams were not punished???? Thanks for the information RebelFan74, I hope this doesn't hurt your beloved Rebels. As for Spartanburg, that head coach is a rules guy and should know better. Laurens head coach I hear is a rule breaker so that comes as no surprise.
ummmm, no