Whistleblower Initiative

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
Justafan
No Team Affiliation

Re: Whistleblower Initiative

Post by Justafan »

StallGridironGang24 wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:50 pm
Interesting!!! Why remove video or pictures if no rules have been broken?
Yep

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

I find it hard to believe that ANY coach would be crazy enough to do something like this if it is in fact against the rules. So many cameras, Facebook, X, Instagram, and all that... and you KNOWINGLY allow your team to participate????

I do not know if this is something that could get a team disciplined by the SCHSL or not, I'm not a rules expert.... but I do say this, the coaches should be rules experts and if they get the team determined to be ineligible for post season play; that is an action that should bring about TERMINATION FOR CAUSE!

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--

BHSRebels
Byrnes Rebels

Post by BHSRebels »

Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:32 pm
I find it hard to believe that ANY coach would be crazy enough to do something like this if it is in fact against the rules. So many cameras, Facebook, X, Instagram, and all that... and you KNOWINGLY allow your team to participate????

I do not know if this is something that could get a team disciplined by the SCHSL or not, I'm not a rules expert.... but I do say this, the coaches should be rules experts and if they get the team determined to be ineligible for post season play; that is an action that should bring about TERMINATION FOR CAUSE!
I don’t believe rules were broken but if they were, it wouldn’t be the first time a Shaw led team broke an off season rule. I don’t believe Hodge would be dumb enough to get involved without getting prior approval.

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

Penalties.jpg
Penalties.jpg (39.91 KiB) Viewed 388 times

Football Maniac
No Team Affiliation

Post by Football Maniac »

Ddub14 wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:16 pm
Football Maniac wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:53 am
It has always been said, “The further you get from Columbia, the more the rules will be broken.”
Never heard this expression. But yea Columbia the center of virtuous activity. Nothing corrupt ever happens there. LOL
Meaning, the further away you get from the league office, the easier it is to bend the rules. At least until the charter schools started popping up.

7timechamps
Daniel Lions

Post by 7timechamps »

Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:32 pm

Doing something like this one time isn’t enough to affect post season.. But I think sometimes coaches will interpret rules how they want to, don’t ask the SCHSL for clarification and just hope it’s okay. That seems like what happened here. But even if they get discipline, it won’t be post season based on precedent over the last several years.. Just a little while ago there was an eligibility issue for Lucy Beckam that the SCHSL could’ve thrown the book at, but continued to let them go post season
8 Time Champs Now! Go Lions!

WShornets69
Ware Shoals Hornets

Post by WShornets69 »

StallGridironGang24 wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:48 am
Spoke with the whistleblower himself earlier this morning, and it has been confirmed that Spartanburg, Byrnes, and Laurens were involved in a 7 on 7 last Sunday afternoon on the campus of Byrnes High. I have seen photos and video of the competition, and there were coaches on the field with players during the event. I’m no whistleblower, but there’s a lot of evidence out that will put those three schools into question for possibly breaking rules. Will be interesting to see how the SCHSL handles this.
I don't know much about this rule. I do know this though, I was riding through Laurens the other day (checking out the new dirt at the racetrack :lol: ) and saw Greg Porter's team practicing at the park. I don't know if that's allowed or not just was interesting to see. I just read this thread saying they were one of the teams playing in the 7 on 7 . so I put 2 and 2 together that maybe they were practicing for that. Also, my buddy that works in grounds keeping over there said he's bringing in some receivers from Greenville with him. Like I said, I don't know much about these rules and what's legal and what's not. So thought I'd throw it on here and see y'alls thoughts on it.

WhoDat
No Team Affiliation

Post by WhoDat »

We all know based on prior history of the HSL and their inconsistent rulings, they pick and choose who gets punished-from a “slap on the wrist” warning when heavy sanctions should be given, or whether it be turning a blind eye to evidence presented to them and letting teams get away with violating established rules to punishing some teams severely (my opinions of this is based on what they have shown over the years-you may have your own opinion that differs and that’s fine). I am all for small government, but at this point I hate to say, the state taking over couldn’t be much worse. At least you could have an opportunity to vote out lawmakers during elections. It appears however there is no accountability for the HSL leaders. Shame on them and the SCACA and the SCFCA for (in my opinion only) not doing enough to bring about change for coaches in this state.
Couldn’t find a meter, but here’s 4 bucks!

icoachfb53
No Team Affiliation

Post by icoachfb53 »

No surprise about Porter

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

Below are the relevant pages out of the AD Notebook.

As I read it, all of March is Open Season for fall sports, and organized practices are allowed. During the May Open Season, football is allowed 10 days in full pads after 3 days in helmets only.

StallGridironGang24 posted earlier that the 7-on-7 was last Sunday, March 3rd. If that is correct it was in the March Open Season.
Defined Sports Seasons.jpg
Open Season - Closed Season Practice Schedule.jpg
Open Season - Closed Season Practice Schedule.jpg (97.82 KiB) Viewed 197 times