EASLEY HEAD FOOTBALL JOB over 150 applicants for the job

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
CITYSLICKER
Berkeley Stags - 669 games and counting

Re: EASLEY HEAD FOOTBALL Job

Post by CITYSLICKER »

yes sr, head coaching is extra days but its a good add on.
669 STAGS GAMES AND COUNTING

7timechamps
Daniel Lions

Post by 7timechamps »

CITYSLICKER wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:05 pm
yes sr, head coaching is extra days but its a good add on.
In Pickens County it’s a contract with 220 days and a salary of about 100K. What you’d make as a teacher doesn’t matter (experience, education, etc.) All the head coaches and ADs make the exact same amount.

But for any other coach, you’re right it’s just a supplement added on to their regular salaries
8 Time Champs Now! Go Lions!

WhoDat
No Team Affiliation

Post by WhoDat »

Don’t be surprised if a pee dee area coach gets this job, or at least applies….
Couldn’t find a meter, but here’s 4 bucks!

FBCoach843
No Team Affiliation

Post by FBCoach843 »

Who might you be referring too in the Pee Dee?

GwoodEagle2k1
Greenwood Eagles

Re: EASLEY HEAD FOOTBALL JOB SALARY

Post by GwoodEagle2k1 »

HoodRoad wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:25 am
There's really no excuse for them to not have a better football program. They have a really good rec system and great facilities. Their rec teams are always competitive but it seems like they just fall off when the kids get to HS.
just my opinion but one of the reasons is because area schools keep poaching their players when they get out of the middle school. If all kids ZONED for Easley actually PLAYED for Easley they would naturally be better. You'll never hear the Easley folks say anything about it or complain about it but it is what it is.

No excuses though you have to win with what you have to generate interest in the program. This is something Greenwood is currently struggling with. We have these great athletes that aren't playing for whatever reason is what I keep hearing but at the end of the day the kids that are out there are the kids that are out there and you have to win with what you have on the field.

EHSMeanGreen
Easley Green Wave

Post by EHSMeanGreen »

BEAUFORTEAGLESFAN wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:35 pm
EHSMeanGreen, what do you think about this? Were you sad to see Easley's Coach step down? Hopefully, your Greenwave will hire a good Coach.

GO BEAUFORT EAGLES!!!!
First and foremost, I hope and pray for his health and for his entire family.

I am sad that Coach Durrah had to step down.
Good football coach, even better person.
I felt like he was building a foundation that would lead to success.

Thanks for the well wishes on our next head football coach! :mrgreen:

[Sorry for the delayed response, really busy tending to some medical situations within my family for the last few months.
Things look to be improving. :) Just trying to get caught up on everything that had to be set aside during that time.]

7timechamps
Daniel Lions

Post by 7timechamps »

GwoodEagle2k1 wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:27 pm
HoodRoad wrote:
There's really no excuse for them to not have a better football program. They have a really good rec system and great facilities. Their rec teams are always competitive but it seems like they just fall off when the kids get to HS.
just my opinion but one of the reasons is because area schools keep poaching their players when they get out of the middle school. If all kids ZONED for Easley actually PLAYED for Easley they would naturally be better. You'll never hear the Easley folks say anything about it or complain about it but it is what it is.

No excuses though you have to win with what you have to generate interest in the program. This is something Greenwood is currently struggling with. We have these great athletes that aren't playing for whatever reason is what I keep hearing but at the end of the day the kids that are out there are the kids that are out there and you have to win with what you have on the field.

Trust me nobody is poaching those kids.. They are RUNNING from that program.. You are correct that it's as early as middle school, but those kids are leaving in flocks.. Nobody recruits those kids, they are often culture killers anyways.. All the ones who end up at DWD stick out like sore thumb and can't assimilate well, with the exception of the ones who come in middle school and learn the ways of the program a little earlier..
8 Time Champs Now! Go Lions!

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

7timechamps wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:25 pm
GwoodEagle2k1 wrote:
HoodRoad wrote:

Trust me nobody is poaching those kids.. They are RUNNING from that program.. You are correct that it's as early as middle school, but those kids are leaving in flocks.. Nobody recruits those kids, they are often culture killers anyways.. All the ones who end up at DWD stick out like sore thumb and can't assimilate well, with the exception of the ones who come in middle school and learn the ways of the program a little earlier..
Wait you’re telling me that the reason Daniel is 73-4 in the last 6 years is not because of the 3 guys that transferred from Easley.

GwoodEagle2k1
Greenwood Eagles

Post by GwoodEagle2k1 »

Ddub14 wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:24 pm
7timechamps wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:25 pm
GwoodEagle2k1 wrote:
HoodRoad wrote:

Wait you’re telling me that the reason Daniel is 73-4 in the last 6 years is not because of the 3 guys that transferred from Easley.
Nope that's what you're saying. They must have been really good players for that to be the reason why y'all are 73-4 the last 6 years lol. I was talking about situations such as the former Easley QB that transferred to Hillcrest. It's hard to be competitive when your best players transfer all the time. That's all I was saying. I didn't say anything about Daniel. Excellent program you guys have by the way. I wish Greenwood would win like y'all win. we used to. thing of the past now I guess

Footballmaniac
No Team Affiliation

Post by Footballmaniac »

They are going to start interviews next week. They have over 150 applicants for the job from all over the country including some college coaches from Division 1 programs.