Concerning Biscuits...

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Concerning Biscuits...

Post by DFOLDMAN »

Knowing this crowd, I thought the topic would catch your attention. This is not about what we love for breakfast. It's about my nickname for certain players. First off, I'm not making fun of them...it's a term of respect. And I never refer to a DL or OL as "biscuit". Given their position, they have embraced their inner-biscuitness a while back, as have I...I'm about 6'1" and 228 lbs...should be about 215-220 but I too embraced my inner biscuit. I refer to the skill players as "biscuit"...TEs and LBs are on a case by case basis...flip of the coin with them.

DF's senior QB last season...one of my all time favorite biscuits...him and a QB for a while back, Graeson Underwood. Proud biscuits. There are several QBs and RBs that are proud, productive biscuits on the football field...I think the probable starting RB at DF this upcoming season is on the biscuit cusp...more power to him. Biscuits are much rarer at DB and WR....an occasional SS may be a biscuit, but those are rare. Now there is the rare..."gravy biscuit" at the skill positions. A gravy biscuit at WR or DB...now that is a unicorn.

Biscuit Power.

Fear The Fox...

96fanatic
Ninety Six Wildcats

Re: Concerning Biscuits...

Post by 96fanatic »

DFOLDMAN wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:03 am
Knowing this crowd, I thought the topic would catch your attention. This is not about what we love for breakfast. It's about my nickname for certain players. First off, I'm not making fun of them...it's a term of respect. And I never refer to a DL or OL as "biscuit". Given their position, they have embraced their inner-biscuitness a while back, as have I...I'm about 6'1" and 228 lbs...should be about 215-220 but I too embraced my inner biscuit. I refer to the skill players as "biscuit"...TEs and LBs are on a case by case basis...flip of the coin with them.

DF's senior QB last season...one of my all time favorite biscuits...him and a QB for a while back, Graeson Underwood. Proud biscuits. There are several QBs and RBs that are proud, productive biscuits on the football field...I think the probable starting RB at DF this upcoming season is on the biscuit cusp...more power to him. Biscuits are much rarer at DB and WR....an occasional SS may be a biscuit, but those are rare. Now there is the rare..."gravy biscuit" at the skill positions. A gravy biscuit at WR or DB...now that is a unicorn.

Biscuit Power.

Fear The Fox...
In 2000 and 2001 96 had a kid that played
offensive and defensive line . his name was
Marquis ( Biscuit ) Ruff . He helped them
win back to back state championships . I wish
they had a couple like him now.

Greerfan1
Greer Yellow Jackets

Post by Greerfan1 »

DFOLDMAN wrote:

Biscuit Power.

Fear The Fox...
This is pure gold 😂

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

DFOLDMAN wrote:

Biscuit Power.

Fear The Fox...
Since were talking about names I was thinking of the best nicknames or just regular names of players from the past.
The two that came to mind fast were
Monty means at Union just always thought that was a great name
But the best name ever was the rb at Berea in the the mid 90s Snowball Baker. That might be the greatest name ever.
They called him snowball baker the touchdown maker and he could go. He was a great back and played alongside jermale kelly that played at usc. Berea had great teams back then .

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by DFOLDMAN »

Ddub14 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:34 pm
DFOLDMAN wrote:

Biscuit Power.

Fear The Fox...
Since were talking about names I was thinking of the best nicknames or just regular names of players from the past.
The two that came to mind fast were
Monty means at Union just always thought that was a great name
But the best name ever was the rb at Berea in the the mid 90s Snowball Baker. That might be the greatest name ever.
They called him snowball baker the touchdown maker and he could go. He was a great back and played alongside jermale kelly that played at usc. Berea had great teams back then .
haha...yup. I recall one Pickens had in the late 80s or early 90s can't remember exactly...Duane "The Train" Gowens...My grandson's nickname is Biscuit....lol. One big ole grocery eater for sure- just turned a year old! He is going to be a Whopper....OL/DL I would think.

The Touchdown Maker...excellent. Classic.

Fear The Fox...