Daniel Football Schedule

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
Wildstallion2
South Pointe Stallions

Re: Daniel Football Schedule

Post by Wildstallion2 »

I was just looking at Daniel’s schedule and comparing it with South Pointes schedule, knowing it will probably come down to these two for the upper state this year since Northwestern moved back up to 5A. https://x.com/footballsphs/status/16465 ... SG8lJdyPRw

stretch
Daniel Lions

Post by stretch »

Wildstallion2 wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:34 pm
I was just looking at Daniel’s schedule and comparing it with South Pointes schedule, knowing it will probably come down to these two for the upper state this year since Northwestern moved back up to 5A. https://x.com/footballsphs/status/16465 ... SG8lJdyPRw
That is their 2023 schedule, not this years.
Go Daniel Lions!!

Wildstallion2
South Pointe Stallions

Post by Wildstallion2 »

stretch wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:05 pm
Wildstallion2 wrote:
You’re right, South Pointe hasn’t posted this year schedule yet.

stretch
Daniel Lions

Post by stretch »

Wildstallion2 wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:28 am
stretch wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:05 pm
Wildstallion2 wrote:
You’re right, South Pointe hasn’t posted this year schedule yet.
I would guess that South Pointe will have a competitive non region slate. Daniel, South Pointe and Westside should be the way too early favorites for the upperstate. Spring ball just around the corner and then the transfer portal opens back up so still early to call for sure.
Go Daniel Lions!!

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by DFOLDMAN »

Ddub14 wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:09 pm
DFOLDMAN wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:29 am
7timechamps wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:51 am
Waiting for the "Daniel schedules easy opponents" people... https://x.com/dwdanielfb/status/1777317 ... WEMJcwrZWw
Shame West-Oak, Crescent and Carolina weren't available for non-region. Not sure how you can move up a classification and find a sorrier region schedule than last season...well played, Rooster....well played. Berea, TR, Blue Ridge and the Feckless Flamers...gawd.
Kidding...

Mann is not bad, but they are like DWD they lost their best QB and WR. Chapman and Clinton too...not bad ball clubs.

Fear The Fox...
Again Daniel fans wanted a region involving a combo of westside wren Laurens Seneca
Didn’t get it.
You’re wrong about the qb and wr.
Daniels beat qb was the backup last year if you don’t believe me ask Greerfan. The rising 10th grader Grayson clary may turn out to be the best qb ever at Daniel and that includes the pearman kid who created a big stir at the Clemson spring game this past weekend. But again that little school doesn’t churn out talent.
Our best wr is the Bish kid who caught the game winning Td in the state title game . He’s back along with about a half dozen rising wrs that are good players including cam chancellors kid. Bush btw could be qbs as well and led the jv team to an undefeated season including a trouncing of Byrnes.
Cousin Dub....you are sounding like WOLVERINELEGEND!!...regaling us on the exploits of 9th and 10th graders and how awesome they are "gonna be"...you know better. If "ifs and buts were candy and nuts".... I have to scold you some. You are never complimentary enough on the starting QBs you do have when they are starting. They're good...so be happy, don't be hatin' on'em. The past two seasons, I was just happy if DF could find anyone to QB with all those injuries...lol. QB by committee.

Some of the best QBs I do believe this season will reside in Region 4 5A (I think that is right, SCHSL and their voodoo with 5A trying to get anyone but DF the title)....Offing returns for DF (please stay healthy), the Irmo QB returns...he is good. The WK QB, I believe returns...I think. The Chapin and RB QB's as well...they weren't bad either.

Apparently, the Injuns got a QB transfer that's supposed to be awesome...they did that with Loftis and Staton, so we shall see...but I think this QB came from SCISA...different ball game with the schedule Gaffney plays.
I have to say with DF, WK, Irmo, Lexington, River Bluff and Chapin....best region in the state. Homer, I know...but solid.

Fear The Fox....

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by DFOLDMAN »

DFOLDMAN wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:58 am
Ddub14 wrote:
DFOLDMAN wrote:
7timechamps wrote:
Waiting for the "Daniel schedules easy opponents" people... https://x.com/dwdanielfb/status/1777317 ... WEMJcwrZWw
Shame West-Oak, Crescent and Carolina weren't available for non-region. Not sure how you can move up a classification and find a sorrier region schedule than last season...well played, Rooster....well played. Berea, TR, Blue Ridge and the Feckless Flamers...gawd.
Kidding...

Mann is not bad, but they are like DWD they lost their best QB and WR. Chapman and Clinton too...not bad ball clubs.

Fear The Fox...
Again Daniel fans wanted a region involving a combo of westside wren Laurens Seneca
Didn’t get it.
Daniels beat qb was the backup last year if you don’t believe me ask Greerfan. The rising 10th grader Grayson clary may turn out to be the best qb ever at Daniel and that includes the pearman kid who created a big stir at the Clemson spring game this past weekend. But again that little school doesn’t churn out talent.
Our best wr is the Bish kid who caught the game winning Td in the state title game . He’s back along with about a half dozen rising wrs that are good players including cam chancellors kid. Bush btw could be qbs as well and led the jv team to an undefeated season including a trouncing of Byrnes.
Cousin Dub....you are sounding like WOLVERINELEGEND!!...regaling us on the exploits of 9th and 10th graders and how awesome they are "gonna be"...you know better. If "ifs and buts were candy and nuts".... I have to scold you some. You are never complimentary enough on the starting QBs you do have when they are starting. They're good...so be happy, don't be hatin' on'em. The past two seasons, I was just happy if DF could find anyone to QB with all those injuries...lol. QB by committee.

Some of the best QBs I do believe this season will reside in Region 4 5A (I think that is right, SCHSL and their voodoo with 5A trying to get anyone but DF the title)....Offing returns for DF (please stay healthy), the Irmo QB returns...he is good. The WK QB, I believe returns...I think. The Chapin and RB QB's as well...they weren't bad either.

Apparently, the Injuns got a QB transfer that's supposed to be awesome...they did that with Loftis and Staton, so we shall see...but I think this QB came from SCISA...different ball game with the schedule Gaffney plays.
I have to say with DF, WK, Irmo, Lexington, River Bluff and Chapin....best region in the state. Homer, I know...but solid.

Fear The Fox....
And FYI ...Cousin Dub....your region suggestion made too much sense...duh. It's the SCHSL we are talking about...lol. For the life of me why that region was not done exactly like you lay out is beyond me...historical and geographical rivals.

Fear The Fox...

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Post by mikey »

DFOLDMAN wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:00 am
DFOLDMAN wrote:
Ddub14 wrote:
DFOLDMAN wrote:
7timechamps wrote:
Kidding...

Fear The Fox...
Didn’t get it.

Fear The Fox....
And FYI ...Cousin Dub....your region suggestion made too much sense...duh. It's the SCHSL we are talking about...lol. For the life of me why that region was not done exactly like you lay out is beyond me...historical and geographical rivals.

Fear The Fox...
Not sure of what Gaffney’s QB has to do with Daniel Schedule :? but carry on… :lol: :lol:

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

DFOLDMAN wrote:
Ddub14 wrote:
DFOLDMAN wrote:
7timechamps wrote:
Kidding...

Fear The Fox...
Didn’t get it.

Fear The Fox....
Ok going to try this again. You said Daniel lost their best an and wr which neither is true. I wasn’t putting down the qb from last year but he wasn’t the best qb on the team. I haven’t criticized the 3 qbs prior to Chapman last year . Venebles Pearman and simons . I felt all 3 were the right option. Lee Turnipseed was the backup last year and I felt he was more in control of the offense. Again I said ask Greer fan if you don’t believe me . Ask him what happened when he came into the game at greer last year. The fact that we won with a qb that wasn’t are best even though many thought he was the best qb they saw in the state last year should scare everyone. The clary kid is already getting D1 offers . His dad actually played at Gaffney . He has never lost a game at any level. You don’t know anything about Daniel football but come on here like you think you do. There’s a reason I don’t make assumptions about Dutch fork players I don’t watch them enough.
You also said we lost our best wr. Again you are misinformed. I just told you he was a jr last year and caught the winning Td in the state title game. I also let everyone know that last year was a gift and that was probably our worst team in the last 6 years. Better teams are coming which also should scare some folks. Lastly don’t compare me to wolverine legend because he’s talking about a program that hasn’t done a thing in 40 years. Daniel is at the top of their game and are going to be in that mix for the foreseeable future. You don’t go 73-4 in 6 years on luck. Talent and hard work do have something to do with it.

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

Wildstallion2 wrote:
Gotcha
How is south pointe looking?
I know they always have athletes especially on the defensive front.
SP westside Daniel Grey and midland valley should be the early favorites in the upper state next year.
I talked to some camden people last year who told me that they would take a big step back this year.

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

mikey wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:16 am
DFOLDMAN wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:00 am
DFOLDMAN wrote:
Ddub14 wrote:
DFOLDMAN wrote:
7timechamps wrote:
Kidding...

Fear The Fox...
Didn’t get it.

Fear The Fox....

Fear The Fox...
Not sure of what Gaffney’s QB has to do with Daniel Schedule :? but carry on… :lol: :lol:
Because it’s a way to hijack the post into a Dutch fork discussion