State Titles

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
7timechamps
Daniel Lions

Re: State Titles

Post by 7timechamps »

Peacekeeper wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:02 pm
Dude, Daniel and Wren (20 mins away all the way towards GA), both drove 3 and a half hours down the damn highway together to play the UPPER STATE title basketball game in Florence 😂🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

DUDE, what is your point? You just made mine.

So your point is that there’s no better option than having an upper state championship game in Florence, SC? Great take brother 😂
8 Time Champs Now! Go Lions!

HoodRoad
Powdersville Patriots

Post by HoodRoad »

The biggest problem is the dead center of the state is just above Orangeburg. Everyone assumes it's Cola but it's not. Our state's weird shape throws everyone off. The bottom half is taller, the upper is wider. I was told by some wise old folks that the reason the bigger schools in and around Cola don't want it is because they won't get any of the gate, the attendees trash their campus and for the most part people don't know how to behave. You can't convince people to volunteer to put up with a bunch of BS. The SCHSL bring in their own people to run things, perfect example is traffic debacle at Benedict. To quote a Benedict worker..."we know how to get folks in and out of here, we do it all the time." I don't know what the solution is but you're never going to keep everyone happy.

Heck, since the championships are televised and some dummies pay for the horrible streaming service let the highest seed host the finals. If the facility is too small, tough luck, get a ticket and get there early or watch at home.

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Post by mikey »

7timechamps wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:43 pm
Peacekeeper wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:02 pm
Dude, Daniel and Wren (20 mins away all the way towards GA), both drove 3 and a half hours down the damn highway together to play the UPPER STATE title basketball game in Florence 😂🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

DUDE, what is your point? You just made mine.

So your point is that there’s no better option than having an upper state championship game in Florence, SC? Great take brother 😂
You air mailed that PK..

RamFan
Westside Rams

Post by RamFan »

Honestly I thought SCST was a very good venue however have been to Spring Valley and it would be fine

Problem with Willy B is way too big for HS crowds PLUS not fair to let Coots get free shot at top recruits