Football City, USA Football Showcase

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
SCPrepTalk
Site Admin

Post by SCPrepTalk »

Wildstallion2
South Pointe Stallions

Re: Football City, USA Football Showcase

Post by Wildstallion2 »

So is South Pointe playing Indian Land??? How are they getting to scrimmage with pads so early??? Must just be a Fan meet and greet or something.

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

I suspect they will not be scrimmaging against other schools, it will be a "joint practice" like that one planned in Spartanburg.

Multiple schools practicing in a single location, to allow college scouts to see a lot of kids at one time.

bringthewood
No Team Affiliation

Post by bringthewood »

SF Band dad wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 11:38 pm
I suspect they will not be scrimmaging against other schools, it will be a "joint practice" like that one planned in Spartanburg.

Multiple schools practicing in a single location, to allow college scouts to see a lot of kids at one time.
^^^^^^^
this, because of the changes in NCAA recruiting

NHSTrojan
Northwestern Trojans

Post by NHSTrojan »

It is the same type event as the Spartanburg schools.

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

So it says four premier programs .
I see northwestern and south pointe are playing
Who are the other two premier programs? Are getting added later?

bringthewood
No Team Affiliation

Post by bringthewood »

Ddub14 wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 10:09 am
There are no scrimmages/playing against another school, just practicing in the same area/complex.

College coaches are extremely limited now by the NCAA in the number of days they can be on HS campuses, so instead of picking between a kid at SP and a kid at NW to watch practice, those 2 kids will be in the same complex practicing with their respective teams

I.E. the college coach can see both with only 1 day of a visits used. And the more schools at the same location, the more kids a coach can see in person. If I remember correctly, the NCAA set the spring limit to 8 days.

Wildstallion2
South Pointe Stallions

Post by Wildstallion2 »

I have heard that Georgia, Florida, and Oklahoma all have Springtime scrimmages against other High School teams, I wonder why South Carolina doesn’t look into doing it also.Yeah, it seems to me that these States have a edge on everyone else, especially Georgia and Florida, maybe these spring scrimmage games against other High Schools is giving them a edge.

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

bringthewood wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 2:08 pm
Ddub14 wrote:
There are no scrimmages/playing against another school, just practicing in the same area/complex.

College coaches are extremely limited now by the NCAA in the number of days they can be on HS campuses, so instead of picking between a kid at SP and a kid at NW to watch practice, those 2 kids will be in the same complex practicing with their respective teams

I.E. the college coach can see both with only 1 day of a visits used. And the more schools at the same location, the more kids a coach can see in person. If I remember correctly, the NCAA set the spring limit to 8 days.
I think you missed what I was truly saying.
It says 4 premier programs yet I only count 2. The other ones.....

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Post by mikey »

Ddub14 wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 4:18 pm
bringthewood wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 2:08 pm
Ddub14 wrote:

I think you missed what I was truly saying.
It says 4 premier programs yet I only count 2. The other ones.....
Indian Land and RH will be there if that’s what your really asking..who knows maybe RH will return to a premier again under the new regime like they were under Jim Ringer..Indian Land has gotten a lot better lately while moving up in classification every realignment..My sister lives in IL and I can’t believe the growth there..they just may be a good coach away from being very good..