Smack, Trash talk, eye-poking, crotch-kicking

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
Administrator
Site Admin

Smack, Trash talk, eye-poking, crotch-kicking

Post by Administrator »

I understand, some of us like to talk-the-smack. And as long as it doesn't cross certain lines "the management here" is inclined to let it slide.

However we don't want it to infect every topic. We don't want it on most topics. We don't want this to turn into the free-for-all that PFT devolved into. Repetitive, disruptive posts will be moved into an appropriate receptacle and the member warned. Eventually that could lead to a ban, but I sincerely hope that never happens.

Some of you guys have some history over at PFT. It would be great if all that could be left over there, that this forum could be a fresh start for all. If not, there's a nice feature that allows you to ignore each other.
- Click on the person's screen-name to view their profile.
- Under their basic member info you'll see a "Add Foe". Click it.
- You'll be asked "Are you sure?" Click "YES".
Your "Foe" list will be updated with the person's name. Posts from this person will be ignored.

DeCav writes, "And if you've chosen to ignore someone, don't click the link to read their hidden posts. When you cover your ears to avoid an undesired conversation, are you tempted to uncover them to see what the person is saying?"

Devilscattail
Ninety Six Wildcats

Re: Smack, Trash talk, eye-poking, crotch-kicking

Post by Devilscattail »

Administrator wrote:I understand, some of us like to talk-the-smack. And as long as it doesn't cross certain lines "the management here" is inclined to let it slide.

However we don't want it to infect every topic. We don't want it on most topics. We don't want this to turn into the free-for-all that PFT devolved into. Repetitive, disruptive posts will be moved into an appropriate receptacle and the member warned. Eventually that could lead to a ban, but I sincerely hope that never happens.

Some of you guys have some history over at PFT. It would be great if all that could be left over there, that this forum could be a fresh start for all. If not, there's a nice feature that allows you to ignore each other.
Your "Foe" list will be updated with the person's name. Posts from this person will be ignored.

DeCav writes, "And if you've chosen to ignore someone, don't click the link to read their hidden posts. When you cover your ears to avoid an undesired conversation, are you tempted to uncover them to see what the person is saying?"
You better go ahead and ban the architect now before he ruins this board like he did the others.

The Architect
No Team Affiliation

Post by The Architect »

Devilscattail wrote:
Administrator wrote:I understand, some of us like to talk-the-smack. And as long as it doesn't cross certain lines "the management here" is inclined to let it slide.

You better go ahead and ban the architect now before he ruins this board like he did the others.
quit crying...........ain't no crying in football........i am no different than you, except i don't do personal attacks like you just attacked me a minute ago.............go cry to your mama.........this guy isn't going to listen to you...........he can read........

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

One of the lines that can't be crossed is "slander". There were a handful of comments on one Topic that suggested or stated that others here have committed illegal acts and/or acted unethically. I have removed that topic from public view. Some of you may be prepared to go into court and defend those statements. I'm not. If subpoenaed, I will turn over our forum logs, requested IP and e-mail addresses in a heartbeat.

I created this forum because I wanted a non-commercial place to discuss football with my friends. I don't have time or money to waste on small-town finger-pointing and bickering. If this site becomes a problem I can shut it down a lot quicker than I set it up.

This website is not owned by any company or newspaper that has to worry about pleasing the shareholders, subscribers, school officials or politicians. The administrators and moderators here are all unpaid volunteers, and while we do run a couple of banner ads to cover costs, we don't have to worry about making a profit or angering sponsors and advertisers. We really have no reason to tolerate unruly, rude or disruptive behavior.

One of those disruptive behaviors is "repetitive, off-topic replies". Every topic can not devolve into the same discussion. Maybe this evening, maybe tomorrow, I'll go through 2A and "prune" the topics. This is a one-time deal, I really have no interest in 2A football and it annoys me that I have to do this.

The Architect
No Team Affiliation

Post by The Architect »

SF Band dad wrote:One of the lines that can't be crossed is "slander". There were a handful of comments on one Topic that suggested or stated that others here have committed illegal acts and/or acted unethically. I have removed that topic from public view. Some of you may be prepared to go into court and defend those statements. I'm not. If subpoenaed, I will turn over our forum logs, requested IP and e-mail addresses in a heartbeat.

I created this forum because I wanted a non-commercial place to discuss football with my friends. I don't have time or money to waste on small-town finger-pointing and bickering. If this site becomes a problem I can shut it down a lot quicker than I set it up.

This website is not owned by any company or newspaper that has to worry about pleasing the shareholders, subscribers, school officials or politicians. The administrators and moderators here are all unpaid volunteers, and while we do run a couple of banner ads to cover costs, we don't have to worry about making a profit or angering sponsors and advertisers. We really have no reason to tolerate unruly, rude or disruptive behavior.

One of those disruptive behaviors is "repetitive, off-topic replies". Every topic can not devolve into the same discussion. Maybe this evening, maybe tomorrow, I'll go through 2A and "prune" the topics. This is a one-time deal, I really have no interest in 2A football and it annoys me that I have to do this.

this should stop too.........we should be able to discuss the details of a football program without being personally attacked like this..........my post was 100% football related and look at the attack i got for it.........i get called human feces and a turd ???.......come on........
The Architect wrote:

here is what is really wrong with 96.......i saved this idiot post until the end of the year........now, if you want a recipe for getting left behind as a football team, surround your players and your program with garbage like this...........this has to be the dumbest thing i have ever seen concerning football.........i took the player's numbers off .........remember this phrase.......BULLS EYE FOR BLOCKERS !!!!!!!!!........

BULLS EYE FOR BLOCKERS

The film will come down after today as always and it want be because Billydaturd said it would. It's the way it's set up. Joe hit nail on head and not really much to say other than that. Coach Wertz put as much speed as he possibly could on the field to cover the spread and with out #?? at SS, who would be awesome back there but his shoulder would not hold up to making hits. He's having a hard enough time taking the hits.
#?? did a pretty good job as a down lineman for the 1st time and #?? did a pretty good job taking on that Inside position with him being the bullseye for blockers.
Everyone knows Billydaturds angle, it's so freaking obvious. How about the good things this kid does and has done. He is a hard nosed kid and gives more than 100% every play just like his brother did and I'll take 22 of those types of kids on my team everyday all day. Booster club or not.

NOW, all this garbage was posted after the woodruff game when our linebackers looked like lost children in the forest.........they may as well have been on the sideline watching........and, when i posted that, i said, the click will take the film down so people can't see his.......AND THEY DID......... ...that bunch is so easy to predict....... ....anyway, if you want your team to get left in the dust, have the booster club taking up for them like this after playing a very poor ballgame on defense..........GUARANTEED, you won't get far once the playoffs start.......

has anyone ever played the BULLS EYE FOR BLOCKER position before ???....... ...........my side is splitting......

You are still one sad, sick and pathetic piece of human feces. Whats your point Turd??? We beat Woodruff you DA. You have not a clue who is even on this football team other than the ones you read about in the paper. There is no click that has control of taking the film down, every one of them come down after 72 hours. What the hell are you hearing in your head Billy??? Take the antennas off come back to reality.
BTW Any defensive player that makes alot of plays has a BULLSEYE ON HIS BACK. You know, its that defensive player that the offense would love to stop from making plays but they cant??? Yes that guy is the one that has a bullseye on his back you idiot. If they can't block him they usually try to run away from him. Hence #20!!!

moderatorscpreptalk
No Team Affiliation

Post by moderatorscpreptalk »

ALL posters need to act like adults. We have a few that are walking a fine line. If there is a problem with a post, report it. Do not retaliate.

The Architect
No Team Affiliation

Post by The Architect »

moderatorscpreptalk wrote:ALL posters need to act like adults. We have a few that are walking a fine line. If there is a problem with a post, report it. Do not retaliate.
i moderate a big board myself.......one with kids an adults...and you are correct.......the best thing to do is report it and not retalliate......i'm guilty of retalliating........i'll report it from here on in......

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

moderatorscpreptalk wrote:ALL posters need to act like adults. We have a few that are walking a fine line. If there is a problem with a post, report it. Do not retaliate.
I will echo the above comment. The idea here is to have a looser but ever more present moderation. I hope that folks haven't gotten the impression that because we're going to be inclined to let the members resolve their own problems that this site is basically a wild west border town.

We are aware of the circus the 2A section has become in the last couple of days and are discussing it as I post. ALL options are on the table to mitigate this problem. My best advice to everyone would be to recognize that the only person you control is yourself and that it is in your best interest to put yourself, your posts, and your actions above reproach. If everyone can do that then any turds should float to the top where they can be skimmed off and flushed. (Please refrain from commenting on which poster(s) would be categorized by the previous statement.)
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson