BYRNES to play on ESPN

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
cavaliereagle
Central Eagles. Richland Northeast

Re: BYRNES to play on ESPN

Post by cavaliereagle »

racincowboy02 wrote:Yea I didn't think about that. Oh well maybe they can get a lowerstate team or a midlands team that can do it and showcase all areas of the state that would be cool
I can't really think of a midlands team worthy of being showcased. No disrespect intended...I graduated from a midlands area team many years ago.
CENTRAL EAGLES...MAKE PLAYS NOT EXCUSES.

BYRNES#1
Byrnes Rebels

Post by BYRNES#1 »

SF Band dad wrote:Gaffney has Northwestern scheduled for week 0. The only way I could see them getting out of that is if they could somehow find an OOS opponent for them too.

I say let Gaffney & Northwestern play & to heck with the OOS team LOL!! :D
I dont give em hell, I just tell them the truth & they think its hell!

racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Post by racincowboy02 »

I can agree to that. I would definitely watch that game lol and I would stay and watch the Byrnes game too. That would be an awesome way to kick off high school football

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

Well ESPN always wants a "NAME" on the field so Gaffney fits the bill with two HIGHLY RECRUITED PLAYERS as well as defending AAAA Division One State Champs....

Every school more or less would have trouble because most of them signed a two year deal (last year and this year) with every school they played. Most schools sign a HOME AND HOME contract every realignment so they play at home one year and on the road the other and Gaffney is due to play at Northwestern this year, so almost every team will have to break a contract to play this game because I don't know of any AAAA teams that only played 10 games last season so none of them would be looking for games this year. I think most of the teams that played Ga schools and NC schools are locked in again this year according to the schedules that I can find so far. Northwestern did play in the Myrtle Beach classic last year and I don't know what it calls for this season??? Return to MB or does Conway go to Northwestern?

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--

racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Post by racincowboy02 »

I say put NW and Gaffney on ESPN cause that will feature state champ and state runner up last year and also it will feature their Qb as well if Im not mistaken. I am all for a rivalry game like Gaffney and NW on ESPN that would be awesome for sure

BearcatinOk/COWN
Rock Hill Bearcats

Post by BearcatinOk/COWN »

That would be awesome for sure....what schools have to decide is the gate they will recieve vs losing a big time gate at home....almost certain the home gate would definately be larger....but many schools are willing for the exposure,,,,would love to see that doubleheader.....

racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Post by racincowboy02 »

Yea that makes sense I would love to see it on tv man and if they could get the gate money down and both schools agree shoot sign the contract and lets go play n ESPN and show the world what SC football is all about and then turn around and put Byrnes against Apopka or however you spell it, that would be awesome

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

Rebel-Fan-74 wrote: Northwestern did play in the Myrtle Beach classic last year and I don't know what it calls for this season??? Return to MB or does Conway go to Northwestern?
I was about to post that Northwestern will be in Myrtle Beach again in Week 1, hosting one of 4 teams from NC.... but I checked the Surf-and-Turf website...

Northwestern is out, Dutch Fork is in.

Dutch Fork played Saint Xavier, KY in Week 1 last year, now they have assumed Northwestern's slot in Myrtle Beach,....which means Northwestern is free or has another game on the hook. :ugeek:

BYRNES#1
Byrnes Rebels

Post by BYRNES#1 »

Well NW might be the front runner to be the other SC team to play in the event. I would like to get a good look at them before we play them in week 3. :D
I dont give em hell, I just tell them the truth & they think its hell!

cavaliereagle
Central Eagles. Richland Northeast

Post by cavaliereagle »

B1, did your qb graduate?
CENTRAL EAGLES...MAKE PLAYS NOT EXCUSES.