Fort Dorchester will be state champs

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Re: Fort Dorchester will be state champs

Post by DeCav »

You guys already have respect!
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

fdgrad00
Fort Dorchester Patriots

Post by fdgrad00 »

This will be a hard game for me because i respect Dorman alot due to their fans. They have very good fans they are humble. Fort is going to leave it all on the field saturday. I cant wait. Dorman is a good tean. If we beat the cavs can we get respect? After we drop 56 on boiling springs, some still didnt respect us

dfactor26
Fort Dorchester Patriots

Post by dfactor26 »

I have been critical as any of the FD coaching staff over the years, but it's gotten better each year and this year I'd say our coaching staff was on point. They were prepared for teams and it showed, and adjustments at halftime led to alot of really big 3rd quarters for Fort Dorchester. The team never seems to panic like they used to and they cut down on the silly personal foul penalties they were renowned for when things got ugly. I credit much of that to leadership on the team...but leadership on the sidelines is the biggest factor in that change. I give a lot of credit to the Fort Dorchester coaching staff over the past 2 seasons.

Red Head
Fort Dorchester Patriots

Post by Red Head »

dfactor26 wrote:I have been critical as any of the FD coaching staff over the years, but it's gotten better each year and this year I'd say our coaching staff was on point. They were prepared for teams and it showed, and adjustments at halftime led to alot of really big 3rd quarters for Fort Dorchester. The team never seems to panic like they used to and they cut down on the silly personal foul penalties they were renowned for when things got ugly. I credit much of that to leadership on the team...but leadership on the sidelines is the biggest factor in that change. I give a lot of credit to the Fort Dorchester coaching staff over the past 2 seasons.
I agree, Congratulations to the Fort Dorchester coaching staff. You have taken all this raw talent we have at Fort and turned it into a championship caliber football team. You have done a great job at preparing the team for each and every game. Your adjustments during the games have taken us to an undefeated season. Thank You for all you have accomplished this season.

fdgrad00
Fort Dorchester Patriots

Post by fdgrad00 »

The mentality changed. Our coaching is rock solid. We are prepared. Actually well coached with very few penalties

bruindad79
South Florence Bruins

Post by bruindad79 »

Good luck to the Fort next weekend in WB stadium! Won't be able to make to that game but will try to make the D2 game.

osceola1
Gaffney Indians

Post by osceola1 »

Wavefan70s wrote:
STChamp 92 wrote:I was talking to my wife... when was the last year a lower state team won the D1 4A? 2002? Was it Stratford over Dorman?
Yes it was Stratford.
Just FYI

If you go off of Regions and how the HSL classifies Upper or Lower state then Regions 1-4 are "Upper state", Regions 5-8 are "Lower State"... With that said, Dutch Fork (REGION 5) in 2013 was the last time a "lower state" team won 4A Div I...a TRUE lower state team and NOT "midlands" would be Stratford in 1999, yes.

JUST FYI though.
Founder of @Gaffney_History on Twitter.

Unofficial, official, Gaffney Football Historian