SC football officials...

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
bruindad79
South Florence Bruins

SC football officials...

Post by bruindad79 »

I talk to alot of fans across the state from 4A all the way down to 1A and SCISA. And I cannot understand why the refs and the rest of the officials in this are absolutely HORRID! I got told this morning by another fan that the same shotty calls happen during the Spartanburg/Lexington game, the EXACT same call that happened when SF played them two wks ago.

Now I can understand that happening once, but when the guy explains it happen the exact same way as it did in our and I watched it on video, and its mirror image of what happen to us, you ( the refs) can't explain that, lightning doesn't strike twice in the same place and in the same stadium.

I hope there is someone on here who is just as fed up(as well as ALOT of fans) with as I am and contact the HSL and speak to the commissioner of officials and voice your concerns on this matter.

In final, all I'm asking for the game to be called fairly and down the middle. And it's clearly NOT being done in most games in this state.

Off my soap box now

trojangrad78
Northwestern Trojans

Re: SC football officials...

Post by trojangrad78 »

I was a youth league basketball official for many years, so I don't say much about the officials.

All I will say is that there have been some real hmmmmmm calls made and not made this year....more that I seem to remember than in years past.

In the official's defense, I know at least ONCE...as a fan...I was dead wrong in one of the rulings as a rule had been updated and I was unaware of the change. That being said, I don't know of anyone that thinks the overall officiating situation has improved and most everyone thinks it has declined.

BYRNES#1
Byrnes Rebels

Re: SC football officials...

Post by BYRNES#1 »

Dude the officials unfortunately as a whole are a JOKE!!!

The officials for the Byrnes Dorman game were pretty good for the most part, there was some holding going on that they let go & Im ok with that as long as they call it both ways. They seemed to do that so I have no beef with the refs this past week. However there has been many games this year & years past that the officials play a part in the out come of Byrnes games.
Ive seen bad officiating in some of our big games against some of our big time rivals, but if you want to see the best example of this type of officiating happening then come to a Byrnes game when they are playing a team that is a severe underdog.
The Refs will do all they can to keep the game respectable, just take this year for example. Mauldin not that great & we had close to 20 penalties, Sumter is a good team & we had 3 penalties.
So what team should we have more trouble with & have to resort to committing penalties? IMO it should be the better teams, but thats not the case at all. Our officials SUCK!!!! :evil:
I dont give em hell, I just tell them the truth & they think its hell!