Clear the air and set things straight....

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Clear the air and set things straight....

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

Couple of things to get out in the open and let everyone know...

QUESTION #1 I was asked by some folks "Did it bother you that others started making PLAYOFF PROJECTIONS? That was your thing..."

ANSWER: Ask SF BAND DAD where he got his Excel Spreadsheet.... Would I have given him the "MAGIC SHEET" already filled out and ready to go if I were going to be "UPSET" if he used it? I spent hours setting up that spreadsheet and you can ask him if it helped him out?

I thought it was great and by the way, he did a really good job at the end of every week having updates. Now I imagine that his inbox got more active than in previous years and I will warn him, he may get even more as he gets more experience. I haven't had it lately, but I've had coaches call me and question me about different "WHAT IF" situations in the past.... PM's and even phone calls. Don't get me wrong, I still did it every week and if I had a different projection, I knew that it was most likely that I was projecting a different outcome in week 10 or week 11 than he was predicting. If I saw something really out of whack, I sent him a message asking why he had so and so at #5? Later on, we even had another get involved and that made it even better. Ask them about how difficult it is to keep track? 53 AAAA teams, maybe 35 AAA teams, a few AA teams and even a couple of A teams (Thanks Bluffton! JK, JK, JK) You have to have all those records updated, Region and Overall for the AAAA schools and just overall for the others. Then count all the wins and loses... it gets deep. That is why the MAGIC SHEET is so valuable and I parted with it at least three times last year, so to put this rumor to rest: I AM NOT UPSET OR BOTHERED, I'M EXCITED TO SEE IT TAKE OFF!

QUESTION #2 Are you giving up on PFT?

ANSWER: To that one, I say - I'm not giving up of PFT, I firmly believe they gave up on us. That was a great board and I've made several friends from conversations that started on PFT and even back when the board was going by other names. Some are on my FACEBOOK page and we actually see each other in person from time to time at a softball game or some other event. Some have been part of my life in other ways and I am glad they are! The key word above is WAS. Due to events and money constraints, PFT fell off the priority list and without PROPER moderation, it because less of a football board and more of a trash talk board. There is a place for trash talking, but when it is 90% trash talk, 9% whining about the moderation not being fair and 1% football.... well, it's time to move on. Bottom line: I'm committed to help SF Band Dad make this board a good alternative for those who like to talk SC High School Football as well as other topics in the appropriate folders.

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--

cavaliereagle
Central Eagles. Richland Northeast

Re: Clear the air and set things straight....

Post by cavaliereagle »

Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:Couple of things to get out in the open and let everyone know...

QUESTION #1 I was asked by some folks "Did it bother you that others started making PLAYOFF PROJECTIONS? That was your thing..."

ANSWER: Ask SF BAND DAD where he got his Excel Spreadsheet.... Would I have given him the "MAGIC SHEET" already filled out and ready to go if I were going to be "UPSET" if he used it? I spent hours setting up that spreadsheet and you can ask him if it helped him out?

I thought it was great and by the way, he did a really good job at the end of every week having updates. Now I imagine that his inbox got more active than in previous years and I will warn him, he may get even more as he gets more experience. I haven't had it lately, but I've had coaches call me and question me about different "WHAT IF" situations in the past.... PM's and even phone calls. Don't get me wrong, I still did it every week and if I had a different projection, I knew that it was most likely that I was projecting a different outcome in week 10 or week 11 than he was predicting. If I saw something really out of whack, I sent him a message asking why he had so and so at #5? Later on, we even had another get involved and that made it even better. Ask them about how difficult it is to keep track? 53 AAAA teams, maybe 35 AAA teams, a few AA teams and even a couple of A teams (Thanks Bluffton! JK, JK, JK) You have to have all those records updated, Region and Overall for the AAAA schools and just overall for the others. Then count all the wins and loses... it gets deep. That is why the MAGIC SHEET is so valuable and I parted with it at least three times last year, so to put this rumor to rest: I AM NOT UPSET OR BOTHERED, I'M EXCITED TO SEE IT TAKE OFF!

QUESTION #2 Are you giving up on PFT?

ANSWER: To that one, I say - I'm not giving up of PFT, I firmly believe they gave up on us. That was a great board and I've made several friends from conversations that started on PFT and even back when the board was going by other names. Some are on my FACEBOOK page and we actually see each other in person from time to time at a softball game or some other event. Some have been part of my life in other ways and I am glad they are! The key word above is WAS. Due to events and money constraints, PFT fell off the priority list and without PROPER moderation, it because less of a football board and more of a trash talk board. There is a place for trash talking, but when it is 90% trash talk, 9% whining about the moderation not being fair and 1% football.... well, it's time to move on. Bottom line: I'm committed to help SF Band Dad make this board a good alternative for those who like to talk SC High School Football as well as other topics in the appropriate folders.
Great post! Also, glad to see SF and yourself agreeing on the projections. It never crossed my mind that you were upset. I really figured it was a heavy load, especially with your wife being sick. By the way, got any updates?
CENTRAL EAGLES...MAKE PLAYS NOT EXCUSES.

racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Post by racincowboy02 »

74 Glad you are here and thanks for doing the projections. It really helps us fans understand all the rules and how things are decided and I think you and SF did a great job and hope that you can continue to do them. I think is great that you had SF doing them that way we could compare and see what each was saying.

I hope to meet you one day and I am glad that you have made your way over here and I also hope your wife is doing better

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

In 2011 I started keeping track of region 6 standings, point totals and min-max possibilities and posted a weekly update every Friday night or Saturday morning. When Rebel-Fan-74 offered his spreadsheet to anyone that wanted it at the beginning of last season, I gladly snapped it up and modified it to allow me to do the same for all of 4A.
  • I had to modify it because I'm not running MS Excel, none of his magic macros would work in OpenOffice. :(
    I was able to figure out the method-to-his-madness from the macro button labels and was able to duplicate most of them in time.
As far as projections....I don't believe I ever posted any, just up-to-date standings and the points. I honestly don't know enough about all the teams in the state to take a stab at it. I did have a few IF-THEN type conversations, but I'm sure I never tried to handicap all remaining games and post a projected playoff brackets like RF-74 does.

I had no clue that anyone thought he was mad about something. :?

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

You know how some folks are....

If there is not a good rumor floating around, they will start one! That was "THE REASON I QUIT POSTING" over on the other board according to one rumor. Heck anyone that knew anything about me knows that I want more football talk and what could be better than...

"Here is what I think will happen next Friday night...."

And for CE, here is what I see for AAAA come November:

Region One: Greenwood
Region Two: Byrnes
Region Three: Northwestern
Region Four: Richland NE.... fourth and Blythwood as champs
Region Five: White Knoll
Region Six: Three way tie that will go deep into the tiebreakers with SF, WF and Conway
Region Seven: Stratford
Region Eight: Bluffton - since they don't even have to play starters the first three or four weeks with that schedule..

IF THAT DON'T GET NEWCAT POSTING, I GIVE UP!

--

--

cavaliereagle

Post by cavaliereagle »

Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:You know how some folks are....

If there is not a good rumor floating around, they will start one! That was "THE REASON I QUIT POSTING" over on the other board according to one rumor. Heck anyone that knew anything about me knows that I want more football talk and what could be better than...

"Here is what I think will happen next Friday night...."

And for CE, here is what I see for AAAA come November:

Region One: Greenwood
Region Two: Byrnes
Region Three: Northwestern
Region Four: Richland NE.... fourth and Blythwood as champs
Region Five: White Knoll
Region Six: Three way tie that will go deep into the tiebreakers with SF, WF and Conway
Region Seven: Stratford
Region Eight: Bluffton - since they don't even have to play starters the first three or four weeks with that schedule..

IF THAT DON'T GET NEWCAT POSTING, I GIVE UP!
Can you please let RNE be first this year. I'm tired of losing. You could at least give us one. :D

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

cavaliereagle wrote:Can you please let RNE be first this year. I'm tired of losing. You could at least give us one. :D

You're tied for first right now!

--

--

cavaliereagle

Post by cavaliereagle »

Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:
cavaliereagle wrote:Can you please let RNE be first this year. I'm tired of losing. You could at least give us one. :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: Good point! However, I fear, we are also tied for last. :cry:

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

cavaliereagle wrote:
Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:

That old "Glass half empty" kind of view, huh? It has been a while since they had a Region Contender.... 2005 when we played them at WB the last one?

--

--

cavaliereagle

Post by cavaliereagle »

Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:
cavaliereagle wrote:
Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:

That old "Glass half empty" kind of view, huh? It has been a while since they had a Region Contender.... 2005 when we played them at WB the last one?
Yes sir. We all remember how that one turned out. :cry: