New Silver Bluff Coach.....

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
Beaudiddley
Silver Bluff Bulldogs

New Silver Bluff Coach.....

Post by Beaudiddley »

Burton Ables III has been named AD and head football coach at Silver Bluff High School.......looks like the winning ways may be over......

cavaliereagle
Central Eagles. Richland Northeast

Re: New Silver Bluff Coach.....

Post by cavaliereagle »

You have any background on this guy Beau? I don't recall hearing that name.
CENTRAL EAGLES...MAKE PLAYS NOT EXCUSES.

Beaudiddley
Silver Bluff Bulldogs

Post by Beaudiddley »

cavaliereagle wrote:You have any background on this guy Beau? I don't recall hearing that name.
All I know is what I've read......he was coach at Eau Claire for 4 yeasrs and won something like 9 games......18% winning percentage.....has been an assit. coach at several schools across the state.......looks like the tradition of football at Silver Bluff will become another thing of the past......democrats ...with the help of lying republicans have ruined everything......the only hope for this country is Trump.......

jhs65
Silver Bluff Bulldogs

Post by jhs65 »

Beaudiddley wrote:
cavaliereagle wrote:You have any background on this guy Beau? I don't recall hearing that name.
All I know is what I've read......he was coach at Eau Claire for 4 yeasrs and won something like 9 games......18% winning percentage.....has been an assit. coach at several schools across the state.......looks like the tradition of football at Silver Bluff will become another thing of the past......democrats ...with the help of lying republicans have ruined everything......the only hope for this country is Trump.......
I don't know anything about this guy but I doubt anybody would have done any better at Eau Claire. Chriswell's record at Chesterfield wasn't all that good and he did well at the Bluff. Jacob's record at Keenan wasn't outstanding either, but he did well at Silver Bluff. Lown had never been a head coach before the Bluff, but he also did well. So we just have to wait and see. I do know some of the people that were on the selection committee and I trust their judgement.

cavaliereagle
Central Eagles. Richland Northeast

Post by cavaliereagle »

I would agree that Eau Claire is not a good indicator. I hope he does well at the Bluff.
CENTRAL EAGLES...MAKE PLAYS NOT EXCUSES.

Beaudiddley
Silver Bluff Bulldogs

Post by Beaudiddley »

jhs65 wrote:
Beaudiddley wrote:
I don't know anything about this guy but I doubt anybody would have done any better at Eau Claire. Chriswell's record at Chesterfield wasn't all that good and he did well at the Bluff. Jacob's record at Keenan wasn't outstanding either, but he did well at Silver Bluff. Lown had never been a head coach before the Bluff, but he also did well. So we just have to wait and see. I do know some of the people that were on the selection committee and I trust their judgement.
Mac.....you and I don't have that long to wait any more.....I think there's little doubt the selection committee could have done better......you have to remember both Jacobs and Lown inherited some very talented kids that were used to playing together and winning.......this guy will have to build a team....

jhs65
Silver Bluff Bulldogs

Post by jhs65 »

Beaudiddley wrote:
jhs65 wrote:
Beaudiddley wrote:
Mac.....you and I don't have that long to wait any more.....I think there's little doubt the selection committee could have done better......you have to remember both Jacobs and Lown inherited some very talented kids that were used to playing together and winning.......this guy will have to build a team....
This guy has a lot of talent returning, too. From what I understand he plans to continue with the Wing T and hopes to keep the current coaching staff. If that is so he won't be starting from scratch, either. Chriswell's first team at Silver Bluff was undefeated but he didn't start from scratch, either. Almost every player from a very good Jackson High School team formed the first Bluff team. That last Jackson team had players from the same zone as Silver Bluff draws from and that's why they weren't in the play-offs, the region voted that JHS would not be eligible for play-offs, just as the Bluff wasn't eligible.

96fanatic
Ninety Six Wildcats

Post by 96fanatic »

good luck to the BLUFF this year.