CLASS 5A FOOTBALL 3RD PLACE GAME

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
Penguin
Beaufort Eagles

CLASS 5A FOOTBALL 3RD PLACE GAME

Post by Penguin »

Goofney travels down I-85 a few miles this Friday night to play the Doormat Swashbucklers at the Yoo. All of the upperstate football world will be on hand to witness the on-field struggle between the 2 top teams in the northern half of the southern Carolina. To the victor goes the spoils. The title of being the undisputed 3rd best team in Class 5A football in the Palmetto state. These 2 teams combined rosters, along with those of any 5 others from up north, would be at least a 3 touchdown underdog against the LOSER of the Class 5A Championship Game that will take place this Friday night in Ermoe, where Futch Dork will host Fort Dork. This will be round 2 of this heavyweight saga, with the winner claiming the State Championship and the loser getting 1st runner-up honors. Here we have a full fledged example of why playing regular season games against potential playoff competition should be avoided at all costs. While the Ashley Phosphate Road Dorks won a convincing victory in the early season matchup, they also provided both motivation and dedication, to the Silver Dorks, for sweet revenge. I would love to be able to predict a clear cut choice to win this one but the revenge twist that this game provides, interjects far too many variables for me to be able to have a crystal clear vision as to the outcome. One thing is for sure, this game is must-see TV for 5A football junkies. The game of the year in the State's top-tier football Class. Get ready for a rrrrrrrruuuuuuuuummmmmmmbbbbbbllllllleeeee!
The "Godfather" didn't whine like The "Slobfather" is doing, when he got INDICTED!!!!!

Fortd2k
Fort Dorchester Patriots

Re: CLASS 5A FOOTBALL 3RD PLACE GAME

Post by Fortd2k »

Dutch fork not the only ones with motivation. Fort has a chance for redemption. How fitting would it be to beat the same team, on the same field, in the same round. Also df denied fort a chance to repeat. Now fort has the chance to flip it. Not to mention fort lost twice last year and have the chance to not only deny a repeat but to do to df what they did to fort last year this year

EHSMeanGreen
Easley Green Wave

Post by EHSMeanGreen »

Enjoyed that Penguin! :mrgreen:

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

I kinda' thought you were exaggerating about either FD/DF being a 3 touchdown favorite over D or G,.... then I looked at this week's Doodle rankings... :o :o :shock:

CLASS 5-A STATE SEMI-FINALS
WINNER RATE LOSER RATE SPREAD
Dorman 262.1 Gaffney 253.4 5
Fort Dorchester 318.5 Dutch Fork 301.6 9

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

Dorman must not have read Doodles?

Came down to one play and what I thought was a horrible call for a two point conversion play?

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:Dorman must not have read Doodles?

Came down to one play and what I thought was a horrible call for a two point conversion play?
I think they ran that same play on the previous drive and it failed the first time too.

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

I thought they ran it three times total.... all for negative yardage.

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--

Wavefan70s
Summerville Green Wave

Post by Wavefan70s »

SF Band dad wrote:I kinda' thought you were exaggerating about either FD/DF being a 3 touchdown favorite over D or G,.... then I looked at this week's Doodle rankings... :o :o :shock:

Doodles was probably assuming 2 or 3 touchdowns would be called back. :?

Wavefan70s
Summerville Green Wave

Post by Wavefan70s »

I may be wrong but,when dormans back up qb came in it seemed to light a fire in dormans offense.i wonder why not keep him in to keep momentum. the kid looked like he was on a mission more so than the injured qb.

EHSMeanGreen
Easley Green Wave

Post by EHSMeanGreen »

Wavefan70s wrote:
SF Band dad wrote:I kinda' thought you were exaggerating about either FD/DF being a 3 touchdown favorite over D or G,.... then I looked at this week's Doodle rankings... :o :o :shock:

Doodles was probably assuming 2 or 3 touchdowns would be called back. :?
LaPrad wasn't real happy! :x
Here is a couple videos with the interview after that game.
:arrow: https://twitter.com/ChrisObarski/status ... 6777922560

:arrow: https://twitter.com/DarenStoltzfus/stat ... 5812677633