Another Trojan star chooses baseball over football

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
trojangrad78
Northwestern Trojans

Another Trojan star chooses baseball over football

Post by trojangrad78 »

Many are so focused on football that they miss out on other sports. Northwestern has had an outstanding baseball program for years.

Our star senior North/South wide receiver, Jordan Starkes (#9), will play college baseball just as a former Trojan star, DuPree Hart did.

From our local paper:
Jordan Starkes ready to hang up his football pads, after one last game

http://www.heraldonline.com/sports/high ... k=hpdigest

Chief Whoa
Gaffney Indians

Re: Another Trojan star chooses baseball over football

Post by Chief Whoa »

Congrats to Jordan and good luck in college and whatever life brings his way after that. Even as an opposing teams fan I could tell the first time we played them when you guys had all of the coaching change issues and what could have gone sideways in a hurry that this young man was a leader and just loved playing the game of football! While I would never pull for my Tribe to lose, I couldn't help but feel happy for him after that game when after the handshake line and he went over to the band for you guys alma mater that it was like he letout a huge sigh of relief. Sometimes as fans we love to brag, etc. and forget the real meaning of high school sports and what life lessons they teach these young men!
281 INDIANS GAMES IN A ROW AND COUNTING!

trojangrad78
Northwestern Trojans

Post by trojangrad78 »

Chief Whoa wrote:Congrats to Jordan and good luck in college and whatever life brings his way after that. Even as an opposing teams fan I could tell the first time we played them when you guys had all of the coaching change issues and what could have gone sideways in a hurry that this young man was a leader and just loved playing the game of football! While I would never pull for my Tribe to lose, I couldn't help but feel happy for him after that game when after the handshake line and he went over to the band for you guys alma mater that it was like he letout a huge sigh of relief. Sometimes as fans we love to brag, etc. and forget the real meaning of high school sports and what life lessons they teach these young men!
He is definitely a class act young man!

Here is a picture of the team gathered together right after the first Gaffney game! That is James Martin on the front row, right beside Jordan Starkes #9.
KIMG0007.jpg

Wavefan70s
Summerville Green Wave

Post by Wavefan70s »

trojangrad78 wrote:Many are so focused on football that they miss out on other sports. Northwestern has had an outstanding baseball program for years.

Our star senior North/South wide receiver, Jordan Starkes (#9), will play college baseball just as a former Trojan star, DuPree Hart did.

From our local paper:
Jordan Starkes ready to hang up his football pads, after one last game

http://www.heraldonline.com/sports/high ... k=hpdigest
Me and jr watched hart play many games at coc.good player.