New head coach for Northwestern announced

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
trojangrad78
Northwestern Trojans

New head coach for Northwestern announced

Post by trojangrad78 »

It is James Martin, who was the acting HC that took over last season.

No OC announcement, yet.

Great guy. Kids love to play for him. He cares about the kids.

Also, our non-region schedule is official:
Week 0: @ South Pointe
Week 1: @ Byrnes
Week 2: Dorman
Week 3: Ridgeview
Week 4: Sumter
Week 5: @ Dutch Fork

Then region play.

Whew!

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Re: New head coach for Northwestern announced

Post by SF Band dad »

That's a pretty stout non-region schedule, except for Sumter. Those guys are pansies. :lol: Ducking and running away. :lol:

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

SF Band dad wrote:That's a pretty stout non-region schedule, except for Sumter. Those guys are pansies. :lol: Ducking and running away. :lol:
That's why you ran them out of Region 6?

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--

EHSMeanGreen
Easley Green Wave

Post by EHSMeanGreen »

Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:
SF Band dad wrote:That's a pretty stout non-region schedule, except for Sumter. Those guys are pansies. :lol: Ducking and running away. :lol:
That's why you ran them out of Region 6?
Sumter just went with the Hybrid, must have felt it was better for their environment. ;)
http://schsl.org/wp-content/uploads/201 ... n18-20.pdf

Band dad,
How did you manage to trade...Sumter for St. James?

:idea: Don't celebrate too quick....
We managed to get a certain team off our regular season schedule one year, only to end up getting them in the 1st round of the playoffs.

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

Yeah, that's a brutal 1st half of the season. Iron sharpens iron...if you can make it through the gauntlet without many injuries you will definitely be battle ready.
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Post by racincowboy02 »

Week 0: @ South Pointe L
Week 1: @ Byrnes W
Week 2: Dorman W
Week 3: Ridgeview W
Week 4: Sumter L
Week 5: @ Dutch Fork L

Thats how i see things going with your non region games. South Pointe is well South Pointe and should be solid, Byrnes is well just barely hanging on to the old days lol jk, Dorman should be pretty decent this year and contend for the region and state title maybe, Don't know a whole lot about Ridgeview and well Sumter could go either way new coach coming in should be interesting and well Tom Knotts will have DF ready to go and battle i think the road to cola runs through them to a certain degree

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

I gotta clear the cobwebs outta my head and pick the godson's brain. The qb is graduating this year. As I understand it, the guy who was supposed to start until the other kid transferred in will take his place at the helm next season. He's squeeky on his feet. Reminds me of Trey Rodgers.

The defense should be in good shape. I think we lose the majority of our offensive line but our running back should put on a show next season either way. Can't predict we can make it back to Columbia but we should be competitive.
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Post by racincowboy02 »

I don't think I've ever seen a Gutshall team that wouldn't compete or be a force to reckon with in the playoffs. The question I have is when does Gutshall call it quits and walk away for good

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

I was wrong. Finley graduates too. I think I was told last night that Powell will be the starting QB.

Of course every coach wants to have a graceful exit and there have been some lean years where I thought we needed to think about a new direction. The latest I've heard is that Gutshall has no plans to go anywhere. Coming off an appearance in Columbia I can't say I'm in a hurry to get rid of him. Of course any fan would think and say this but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that when the time comes, they will do it gracefully and get a heavy hitter to replace our current coach. Gutshall finds a way to take the talent he's got and present a competitive team even after 23 years at the helm. His wife is head of the math department at Dorman so they have strong roots.

racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Post by racincowboy02 »

See thats awesome 23 years at the helm and can compete that is freaking unbelieveable and almost unheard of anymore.

Is Gutshall originally from this area or was he brought in from the outside? I am curious to see if there is any other coach that has a tenure longer than him at the same school