New head coach for Northwestern announced

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Re: New head coach for Northwestern announced

Post by DeCav »

I’m fairly sure Mckissick would dwarf all of Gutshalls records but Gutshall and the Cavaliers currently hold the longest active streak of winning seasons in the state. Gutshall is not a native, I believe he had a title under his belt when we brought him in from NC. I could look up what schools he coached prior to Dorman but I dont recall off the top of my head. I believe if you jog down to the time capsule section you’ll find some old newspaper articles with info on Gutshall. I’m pretty certain theres an article there written during his second year at Dorman.
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Re: New head coach for Northwestern announced

Post by racincowboy02 »

Yea i knew McKissick would be up there. I am still curious about coaches coaching now who has the longest tenure at the same school. Seems to me that there is no loyalty so to speak with a coach and schools these days with everybody leaving and moving to different schools it seems yearly