Greenwood/Emerald Football Rivalry Stopped again

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
GwoodEagle2k1
Greenwood Eagles

Greenwood/Emerald Football Rivalry Stopped again

Post by GwoodEagle2k1 »

Figured this would happen eventually. Greenwood is 14-0 in the series. Eventually I'm sure they'll beat us but won't be the next two years.
http://www.indexjournal.com/sports/high ... 56383.html

racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Re: Greenwood/Emerald Football Rivalry Stopped again

Post by racincowboy02 »

I understand playing Emerald cause its a cross town rivalry so to speak but what does Greenwood actually get from playing them unless its the 1st game of the season just to get the rust off

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

I would imagine if it's cross town it's a pretty good gate for either team. I see GW will host Gaffney! I think I've found the Eagles game I wanna catch next season!

I kinda think GW is the underdog in that game?
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Post by racincowboy02 »

I guess the gate would be pretty good for that game but then i was thinkin about the old system and play off points which we don't use anymore either

And as far as the Greenwood Gaffney game goes i wouldnt consider Gwood the under dog especially if they are still running some form of that wing t or option offense they run

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

You'll be at that game right?

GWE2K1 came to the Dorman/Gaffney game last year so it makes sense that I should catch the GW/Gaffney game this coming season with him. We could all hit a Waffle House or Denny's after the game.

“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Post by racincowboy02 »

Depends on work schedule if i have to work that friday night i won't be going cause that means i would have to leave like half way through the 2nd quarter to get the family home and get to work on time lol but if it was at gaffney i would surely be there

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

Gotcha! Or you could just pencil it in on your calendar and ask for the day off. :mrgreen:

racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Post by racincowboy02 »

Going to be hard to do that since my vacation days are pretty much gone after july with a big family vacation scheduled