Statewide Cross bracketing for playoffs..yea or ney ?

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
CITYSLICKER
Berkeley Stags - 669 games and counting

Re: Statewide Cross bracketing for playoffs..yea or ney ?

Post by CITYSLICKER »

MAKE SCUMMERVILLE A GIRLS SKOOL, NO PROBLEM THEN
669 STAGS GAMES AND COUNTING

Wavefan70s
Summerville Green Wave

Post by Wavefan70s »

wave 80 wrote:Love the matchups of crossbracketing.but the state of I-26 is so bad you just can't get to the other end of the state in time to see the game. Even the last 2 years going to dutch fork we couldn't get to the game in less than 3 hours because the traffic was so bad and they had to delay the start time because the team was held up in traffic.

Go wave..
We have slack officials in this state.4th largest amount of roads near last in infrastructure maintenance spending on them.

racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Post by racincowboy02 »

i like it and i don't like it if that makes sense lol i like the match ups it provides but i don't like having to travel down to the lower state to see a game like i used to when i was a little bit younger and didn't have to worry about work and all that fun stuff

EHSMeanGreen
Easley Green Wave

Post by EHSMeanGreen »

mikey wrote:Do u miss it or no..? Yes it was long travel but I like it better than regions being paired...made for some interesting games/trips/ mini weeekend getaways instead playing teams u already faced...what say ye ? Heck it's the only way to get Slick to the new reservation if nothing else...
Region pairings can get a little monotonous.
Example: Easley played Gaffney in the 1st round of the playoffs in Football, Basketball, Baseball, and Softball this school year.

I understand why it was changed, but I miss the cross bracketing in Football.
Enjoyed getting to see Beaufort, Goose Creek, and South Florence (Florence Memorial Stadium).

4 hour and 15 minute drive to Beaufort was quite the haul. We spent the night afterwards and explored Hilton Head the next day.
Had a "Rest Stop" in Bluffton on the way there, heard that was the best thing about Bluffton.
"JOKE", just in case NEWCATNTOWN happens to read. :twisted:

Also... Come playoff time, I would rather drive further to play a school more similar in size to mine than stay closer to home only to play a school with a much larger enrollment.