Greenwood at South Aiken - Week O

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
eagle93
Greenwood Eagles

Re: Greenwood at South Aiken - Week O

Post by eagle93 »

STrebels72 wrote:
eagle93 wrote:
STrebels72 wrote:Every team goes through this and I’m sure the quality of athletes have diminished some since Pippin has been there, while other programs have caught up to the talent level. I’ve heard that quit a few talented players have transferred out to Emerald recently and that is a big part of why Emerald is better in recent years...
That's just the thing. When they scrimmaged Emerald they out hustled Emerald. But in all other scrimmages and this Jamboree there was no excitement. It's been like that in preseason for the last few years. I can't remember when we last won a jamboree. Then during the season they usually come around. Of course, I like to win everything. I don't care if it's a 40 yard dash. But Pippin doesn't care about winning scrimmages and jamborees. Told me personally that he hates jamborees. I guess that's just how he operates. I guess as long as they win during the season, that's all that matters. Just leaves me not knowing what we really have though.
I understand that totally, but I’m not real big on scrimmages and jamborees either. I’ve seem a lot of great kids get hurt in situations like these that mean absolutely nothing. Winning a scrimmage means nothing, but if you use those situations to improve or implement strategies to develop you players, then your team really benefits from that. It’s a great way to see how your younger players respond to the varsity game. It also creates depth to your roster.
I definitely agree from a coaches standpoint, but you know fans want to win everything. Even we wanted to win everything when I played. I'm not against the strategy either though. Like I said. I just don't know what we have until this game.

StateChampsGHS
Greenwood Eagles

Post by StateChampsGHS »

What do the South Aiken folks think about this game?
Greenwood High Eagles 2012

STrebels72
Strom Thurmond Rebels

Post by STrebels72 »

StateChampsGHS wrote:What do the South Aiken folks think about this game?
I can’t speak for SA fans but I do know they are expecting SA to win. They’ve gotten use to winning the past 3 years and now they expect it. Major shift in expectations in that community. The lost a lot of key players from last season, but the coaches philosophy is reload and not rebuild. This should be a good game tonight. It will also be live streamed on ASTV game of the week...just go to Aiken Standard sports page and you will be able to find it.

STrebels72
Strom Thurmond Rebels

Post by STrebels72 »

2nd play of the game SA turns the ball over inside the 10 and Greenwood scores on their 2nd play from scrimmage.

StateChampsGHS
Greenwood Eagles

Post by StateChampsGHS »

Final: Greenwood 28; South Aiken 14

South Aiken has potential to be good by mid season. I was definitely impressed by their quarterback. He is D1 material.
Greenwood High Eagles 2012